WOH 11.25.2019

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Didn’t plan on playing today as a 510 is useless for my team. Seeing all the trouble everyone has had I figured I’d give it a try and try out a lefty with blowout (I have better lefty options) I don’t think skills turn off. 0 issues 0 gold spent. Cruz looks nice in my ina list lol 
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    edited November 2019
    It definitely got worse after the "boost" which you had to give them money to get (videos=glu money) 

The jump up 5 levels of the pitchers is shameful. It's amazing how they continue to 1-up themselves in the moron department Every. SINGLE. EVENT. 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Do you believe in miracles? Yes!
    I do now! They definitely turned the difficulty level down a few notches. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    maybe so...finally got thru level 4 without having to boost somebody. ;-)
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Monday is cribbage night so I find d it hard to do more than one or two not today was crazy hard I am gold by the way
    Well the boost worked great once I got to a place to use it (don’t normally boost level 4 at all and just 9 and 10 of level 5). Sneaked the 2nd cycle in. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts

Good times!
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Got it done. 11 cycles. 17k gold with leveling
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Cycled twice this morning. Didn't get a chance to play again until the last hour. Baines failed 6.9 4x with 80g boost each time.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    I think the biggest issue is expectations. I was able to get through 9x in limited time today (8 hours) but I've built my team specifically to get through the inevitable bump. Made my day more challenging but still got through fairly easily.

There was a time earlier this year when I was happy just to get through once or twice for a 325/340 bxp reward. This reminds me of the beginning of this year's game more than what you expect in end state given people expect to cycle, and not just once but cycle cap. Earlier in the season we were all thrilled to get through woh the first time, let alone multiple times. Not saying that I agree with their methodology but just trying to reset your expectations for your gaming experience if you choose to stick around. Hof the past 2 months wasn't necessarily easy but was not challenging for most of us on the forums, so that's what is leading to this public outcry. I feel for you guys but we've all gotten a bit too entitled to our Monday cycle cap imo
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    GLU did this last year in 18. Made Woh so hard alot of people was uit. THEY are testing us. They apologized last year and made woh easier the next time. Hopefully Thanksgiving woh will be a makeup. With Thanksgiving and family and Football. Rather do other things than play tab. Especially if it's like today... my opinion!
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited November 2019
    criffy said:
    I think the biggest issue is expectations. I was able to get through 9x in limited time today (8 hours) but I've built my team specifically to get through the inevitable bump. Made my day more challenging but still got through fairly easily.

There was a time earlier this year when I was happy just to get through once or twice for a 325/340 bxp reward. This reminds me of the beginning of this year's game more than what you expect in end state given people expect to cycle, and not just once but cycle cap. Earlier in the season we were all thrilled to get through woh the first time, let alone multiple times. Not saying that I agree with their methodology but just trying to reset your expectations for your gaming experience if you choose to stick around. Hof the past 2 months wasn't necessarily easy but was not challenging for most of us on the forums, so that's what is leading to this public outcry. I feel for you guys but we've all gotten a bit too entitled to our Monday cycle cap imo
    Going from easiest HoF last Monday to beasty Royale WoH to by far hardest HoF this week resulted in me not even trying another round after 4pm EST after getting worked at 6.10 2x with the player I spent almost all weekend cycle capping. I am certain I am not alone. Is that their goal? I would be more concerned with Glu's expectations people would be okay with something as extreme as what we just saw.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    One man, sitting in a dark and empty parking garage, tapping away, yelling at his phone...I finished my last cycle at 8:55PM and was down to my last 1,500 gold...I was stressed, but wanted that capped Cruz so bad.  I ultimately went 10 for 24 against Gibson with Van Slyke at D10 and skills at 20/20.  IMO, that was far too difficult - a 1,023 hit rating (with the 5% bonus boost) vs a 567 stuff rating should produce better results than that.  
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited November 2019
    @SandlotGuru that about meets my expectation after my first and final attempt at 6.10 yesterday. I theorize hit being 2x stuff is where you can get better consistencies with higher probabilities of success coming the greater the disparity. So a hit of 1134 being the minimum for a ~60% success rate. That player doesn't exist in the game which tells me these lower success rates are on the mark and exactly what Glu expected. The question we now need to consider is what to make of that expectation.
    edited November 2019
    It appears they finally found a way to get people to stop complaining about the cooldown. Cycle capping appears to be the next thing under attack. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Unpopular opinion but a raise in difficulty has been long overdue.

Slightly more popular opinion, this was too much too quick.

I think there is a happy medium in there somewhere.  Level 5 pitchers would have been ok if we had a gradual increase to maybe say 3 a few weeks ago.   Personally having it more difficult makes me enjoy it a little more as its less boring but I know I'm in the minority.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts

I think there is a happy medium in there somewhere.  Level 5 pitchers would have been ok if we had a gradual increase to maybe say 3 a few weeks ago.   Personally having it more difficult makes me enjoy it a little more as its less boring but I know I'm in the minority.
    I'm with you, but it has to come with a good reward. My favorite WOH ever was the end of last year. Challenging, but excellent rewards with 2 players and lots of LXP/PXP
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I agree with @Mattattack. But 1 to 5 was a huge jump and the pitch calling was set high on the last few guys. They messed up the coding on the weekend and we saw pitch calling was only in the 70s on Lv7. Yesterday it was 80s. So they fuk.ed up on the weekend (no big surprise here) and then jumped it up to what they originally wanted for the weekend. Its just boggels me that this late in the game instead of trying to get your player base to stay and play out the the year in hopes they return for 2020. They are doing the exact opposite. Nothing they have done in the last 2 months I would consider was a benefit to its user base. Its almost they like they are purposely trying to drive people away. Maybe diner dash or WWE is viable option? I duno I never played their other games....
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Certainly NOT the HoF I was expecting as my first one after making the move to diamond last week, not fun at all. Got easier towards the end, last 3 cycles to finish my cycle cap took less than 2 hours. Upping pitchers level from 1 straight to 5 was such a shitty move from Glu.
    It all worked out in the end for me as it only cost me 5k gold for my 8 cycles. But, like I said, it was NOT a fun day at all.

• buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    cb11 said:

I'm with you, but it has to come with a good reward. My favorite WOH ever was the end of last year. Challenging, but excellent rewards with 2 players and lots of LXP/PXP
    The end of last year was also beatable with a non-maxed lineup. The first time I beat WOH was in early March with a 500 overall Mike Trout with 14/14 skills vs. a RHP, not exactly an optimal matchup at the time. It sounds like yesterday you needed to have multiple 520 lefty hitters with active double skills at 20/20.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    1994EXPOS said:
    It all worked out in the end for me as it only cost me 5k gold for my 8 cycles. But, like I said, it was NOT a fun day at all.

When playing the game feels more like work than fun, that’s when people quit 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    If you guys are looking for a new game you should try this one. Very similar to TSB
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    Send your comments to customer service,... Overflow their tickets.  Feedback directly and overwhelming is what is needed..
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    If you guys are looking for a new game you should try this one. Very similar to TSB
    "the ultimate first person shooter"
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

That GIF is perfect for my three hour experiment yesterday. It all started out pretty damn funny, but when the realization hit two hours into it that my perfectly build WoH team was now worthless, it did give me pause.

I put a lot of time and effort into building that team. I did everything I was supposed to do as a customer: I watched their videos, I made purchases, and I targeted specific players/skills. I have an active WoH roster of a few 490 guys, 500, 510 and now FIVE 520 guys.  Each of these players has their skills at 12 for lower round guys and 15+ for guys I have slated for round 5 and above.

As for the game getting tougher, I am certainly OK with that too. I have stated many times here I don't expect to win each time.

But after three hours on Level 6, it was apparent the only way I could lose was the game being rigged. By that point, my timing for each pitcher was literally perfect.  Any straight pitch was going for extra bases. A few doink singles here and there, but majority of the contact were doubles or HRs.

Cecil Cooper was crushing Ryan on 6.8. Any pitch that wasn't a curve out was going yard. It was the only way I could win because, as I stated, in rounds 7 and up, if I scored, I got two curve outs. If I got a hit, I got one curve out.

Brown and Gibson were just stupid. Again, any straight pitch was a double or HR. Only to be followed up by a curve out or two. I only got past Brown three times I think because I each time I got a sequence where I could hit three in a row, then I would HR. I would then have to beat him in extras.

Gibson would just curve me out straight up. 80 gold or no 80 gold, didn't matter. Video reboot? Well, you may get a straight pitch to start, but again, hit a HR...2 curve outs. Just a double? One curve out. With no men on base to start, that rigged pattern beats you every time.

My team was clearly good enough to hit the pitchers and hit them hard. So, GLU remedies that by programming the pitcher to throw pitches in another time zone.

Like I said in another thread, the real-life analogy here would be if MLB came out tomorrow and said the teams with the highest payroll will operate under the normal strike zone while teams with the lower payrolls will have a strike zone that is as wide as the opposite batter's box, and also starts about four feet from the mound. LOL

I really appreciate everyone's help and patience with me here. Yes, being gold would be "easier", but it looks like Gold teams took it in the rear too, as did Diamond teams.

I'm the sucker here. I saw early on that this game takes your money, then uses the most basic principle of hitting a baseball, the strike zone, as a weapon to get more money from the players.

Yeah, customer, your team is great! Want to see pitches you can hit, or pitches in another time zone not called strikes? Pay us!

You got me good, GLU. I have no one else to blame but me here.

Now back to the dragon, but from this point forward, my wallet is locked in a safe, and I'm not going down on anyone in the Burger King bathroom to get it free. I'm not that hooked, fortunately.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts

That was Glu responding to the 10th of my emails to them regarding woh.  Go platinum or diamond, he says.  Piss off, I say.  HTF does that matter if the pitcher's difficulty increases as well?  Thanks for nothing, Chip.  Clearly you are just the head robot at the keyboard.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Bigburg said:

That was Glu responding to the 10th of my emails to them regarding woh.  Go platinum or diamond, he says.  Piss off, I say.  HTF does that matter if the pitcher's difficulty increases as well?  Thanks for nothing, Chip.  Clearly you are just the head robot at the keyboard.
    This is why communication is key. Glu does lack in this department. If they were planning on upping the difficulty to what they did yesterday, it needs to be communicated to the players of the game of what they plan to do, prior to the event. I think maybe then players of the game wouldn’t be so upset. 

So my post above is 100% correct.

You literally have to spend HUNDREDS of dollars for the game not to be rigged.

Wow, that's quite an admission.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts

BigBurg, hope you don't mind but I am starting a separate thread with this info. This will save a lot of folks a lot of time, money, and misery.