Welp, Now We Have Proof: CS Admits WoH HoF Level 6 Is, In Fact, Rigged For Only The Big Spenders.

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
edited November 2019 in General TSB Discussion

You have no idea how much better I feel after seeing this admission. I cannot believe they actually did this.

I knew all this time I wasn't taking crazy pills. My team IS good enough to hit the pitchers as I've made the right investments in the right players. They just rig it by giving you unhittable "strikes" until you pay up and pay up big.

Find your level of comfort in the game is such a cop-out reply.  You build a damn team full of solid players and legends within your budget to play these games, and this IS the signature game.  You shouldn't be penalized and unable to win the signature game if you don't pay hundreds of dollars for a mobile app. That's insanity and definitely not ethical.

My friggin team blows through every level of WoH except for 6.4-6.10 now. Again, this is fine BUT....

When the ONLY reason I am losing is because the game is programmed to give me crap pitches, knowing my team will blow up straight ones, then that is robbery. Period.

Again, I have no one but myself to blame here as it was obvious they use the strike zone as a weapon against paying customers. I saw this early on, started threads about it, and got solid information to combat it. As soon as I build a team good enough to win WoH HoF a few weeks in a row, they make the game unplayable for people in my situation. I've spent more so far than I would have on an Xbox game that is more realistic, and more importantly NOT RIGGED, but that's not enough. LOLOLOLOLOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Prev13

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Dude you need to relax. I just posted in the other thread. CS is clueless 90% of the time when it comes to game mechanics.  Proves nothing, but a REP who expressed his own opinion rather then GLU view.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Dude, I'm totally relaxed.

It is all good.

I have no doubt many of the hardcore tappers here are going to feel like they did when they were kids and discovered Santa wasn't real.

It's OK. What they do with this game is VERY obvious and I picked up on it right away. This just confirms it.

People will still love the game and invest hundreds of dollars in playing it. Others will realize it is a ripoff and won't. No biggie!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

lol dude I like you, @drsmartassphd. But think about it. Its just a clueless CS rep. Dont read into it anymore.  Just a another GLU mistake, sorry CS rep.
    – The Great Houmy
    Appreciate the E-love man.

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    First of all dont take that reply seriously.  Second of all Platinum/Diamond doesnt automatically mean big spenders.  There are teams in gold that spend alot of dough too.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Everything in this game is an algorithm designed to free the most dollars out of your wallet...the app is always running gathering information about you and how to trigger your spending that’s why it’s so buggy. Woh is a gimmick to frustrate you into spending, these forums are designed to encourage spending. Once they got you it’s a never ending arms race till the next version comes out. Enjoy what’s left of this and never download another version. 

After my three hour experiment with Level 6 yesterday, along with the thousands of rounds I have played in WoH prior, my Asperger's won't allow me to see this any other way.

Yes, I'm aware gold teams spend a lot too...I definitely won't be one of them now.

Finish out this year in Silver (my team is now obsolete anyway), take a screenshot of my legend lineup, then call it quits. I don't want to invest hundreds of dollars in a game to make it "fair". That's absurd.

whammo911 said:
    Everything in this game is an algorithm designed to free the most dollars out of your wallet...the app is always running gathering information about you and how to trigger your spending that’s why it’s so buggy. Woh is a gimmick to frustrate you into spending, these forums are designed to encourage spending. Once they got you it’s a never ending arms race till the next version comes out. Enjoy what’s left of this and never download another version. 

Yep, noticed that within the first month. I knew my team wasn't solid enough to win WoH. It never failed too.  After seeing 9 or 18 straight curves (after a video reboot), I would immediately get an "offer" to upgrade my team. LOLOL

Yeah, nothing makes me want to spend money like that...

• BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    This was my interaction with CS. I spent the entire season trying to build an ok-to- awesome team at gold, instead of rushing through to diamond to struggle until I had accumulated enough resources to truly make my team great.  Now they're telling me that this team is essentially worthless for the event I enjoy the most?  Either move up, struggle for resources the rest of the year, never to get your team good enough as your players get outdated and difficulty continues to increase, or sit the bench and play warm up.  Rather find a new sport...
    Heres some perspective for you @drsmartassphd. My last cycle took me 7 gold restarts plus 80g boosts. I am diamond player with 11 bats at 20/20 skills. So come on man. No matter what happened it was curve after curve. 480g + 80g boost was gone within 60sec. Thats how fast he beat me. 6-0 loses over and over. I was out of time and only had 5min left in the event so I kept using gold to restart. The 20k lxp for me was worth it. So there you go man, theory debunked.
    – The Great Houmy
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    First of all dont take that reply seriously.  Second of all Platinum/Diamond doesnt automatically mean big spenders.  There are teams in gold that spend alot of dough too.
    I was a solid platinum player while I played. Haven't spent a buck. Would probably have gone diamond too if I hadn't quit.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Bigburg said:
    This was my interaction with CS. I spent the entire season trying to build an ok-to- awesome team at gold, instead of rushing through to diamond to struggle until I had accumulated enough resources to truly make my team great.  Now they're telling me that this team is essentially worthless for the event I enjoy the most?  Either move up, struggle for resources the rest of the year, never to get your team good enough as your players get outdated and difficulty continues to increase, or sit the bench and play warm up.  Rather find a new sport...
    I don’t mean to sound too blunt here, but then go find a new sport. 

Staying silver is like playing Mario Kart mushroom cup over and over and over. Big boys move up to the special cup. Yes I’m using the Super Nintendo version for references, but that’s because it is what I grew up with. 

My biggest gripe with WOH right now is that there isn’t a tower where you can earn cycle a prime, just for the prime. Monday we had a 360 option or a 510 option. For a lot of teams 360’s are worthless and the 510 option was unattainable. I was stuck in the middle wishing all-star had a prize I would chase. A 435-440 prime there would have made a huge difference for me as I still have several positions which that would be a huge upgrade (350,360,380, and 400 to be exact). 
  • ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    I will tell you DR... CS is fcking Clueless !!! I am at GOLD and i cycled that hof sh$t yesterday plenty of times. 
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

• BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    Bigburg said:
    I don’t mean to sound too blunt here, but then go find a new sport. 

Staying silver is like playing Mario Kart mushroom cup over and over and over. Big boys move up to the special cup. Yes I’m using the Super Nintendo version for references, but that’s because it is what I grew up with. 

My biggest gripe with WOH right now is that there isn’t a tower where you can earn cycle a prime, just for the prime. Monday we had a 360 option or a 510 option. For a lot of teams 360’s are worthless and the 510 option was unattainable. I was stuck in the middle wishing all-star had a prize I would chase. A 435-440 prime there would have made a huge difference for me as I still have several positions which that would be a huge upgrade (350,360,380, and 400 to be exact). 
    I'm gold, not silver.  Quite a difference there as we all know.  The move to platinum isn't a viable option at this point in the game as new level players are bound to come out making my current ones difficult to level to improve the game experience.  Why should it matter if I'm gold or diamond?  Silver batter faces silver pitchers, gold v gold, etc.  Why then say, hey, if you're not diamond, you shouldn't be able to beat this?  
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Bigpredfan said:. 

Staying silver is like playing Mario Kart mushroom cup over and over and over. Big boys move up to the special cup.. 
    I stay silver because it allows me to chase any player I want with ease and without worry of resources. It’s more about collecting players building the best silver team I can. Very nostalgic of my childhood days collecting baseball cards. We all play for different reasons. Some people like to grind..pick and choose who to level up etc.. I like to level up whoever the hell I want lol. Very happy to be in the “mushroom cup”  “special cup” doesn’t sound fun 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Bigpredfan said:. 

Staying silver is like playing Mario Kart mushroom cup over and over and over. Big boys move up to the special cup.. 
    I stay silver because it allows me to chase any player I want with ease and without worry of resources. It’s more about collecting players building the best silver team I can. Very nostalgic of my childhood days collecting baseball cards. We all play for different reasons. Some people like to grind..pick and choose who to level up etc.. I like to level up whoever the hell I want lol. Very happy to be n the “mushroom cup”  “special cup” doesn’t sound fun 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dragon, you and I have a LOT in common here.

I don't want to give up my legend team because the sig game prices me out.

See my idea thread. You and I would play the heck out of that.

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    That’s what I don’t get, the rewards haven’t been updated in so long. And mega lxp box deals seem to only be available with $100 purchases lately.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    They didn't say anything that I wouldn't expect them to say.  
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited November 2019
    I stay silver because it allows me to chase any player I want with ease and without worry of resources
    I like this about you and Dr. Ass, but with that ease if leveling comes the difficulty of cycling woh. You guys may get through a few times with higher difficulty, but that's all you truly need. A silver team doesn't "need" to cycle cap like a diamond team does. Without any discounts, it's 938,150 pxp/lxp to level a prime/legend to d-10.. that's where the importance of cycle capping comes in to play as it costs 663,000 pxp/lxp just from d1-d10. In other words: you can almost cap 4 legends b1-s10 for the cost of taking one d9 to d10 🤷‍♂️ 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I stay silver because it allows me to chase any player I want with ease and without worry of resources
    I like this about you and Dr. Ass, but with that ease if leveling comes the difficulty of cycling woh. You guys may get through a few times with higher difficulty, but that's all you truly need. A silver team doesn't "need" to cycle cap like a diamond team does. Without any discounts, it's 938,150 pxp/lxp to level a prime/legend to d-10.. that's where the importance of cycle capping comes in to play as it costs 663,000 pxp/lxp just from d1-d10. In other words: you can almost cap 4 legends b1-s10 for the cost of taking one d9 to d10 🤷‍♂️ 

See my idea on how to fix this! It is damn brilliant!

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

See my idea on how to fix this! It is damn brilliant!

I wanted to mention something, but would rather not with the possibility of spy's watching our words. I would favor your idea over yesterday's hassle, I will say that 😬
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

Seriously, it is a quick fix. Make All Star the "Legend Level" now. Six Rounds with the same pitchers as HoF. Make the difficulty what it was last Monday. You win the Legend only on Round 6. No XP.

Keep HoF like it is now.

Simple solution, and yes, I would still spend money. No doubt about it.

• DPKSDPKS Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    So you just confirmed what we had already known. WOH gets easier the higher tiers you are, but youll still need the quality bats in order to cycle it. If you do not have the bats needed to cycle it, you still wont cycle no matter what tier youre in. It has been no mystery that they want you to go to the higher tiers in order to have you spend on resources or gold for restarts. If you care that much, which by your post about woh every single week, then make the jump to gold and work for it. Gold is the sweet spot in terms of resources needed and woh.  
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited November 2019
    People always question why I went platinum and stayed there.  

I can level up legends the old fashioned way about once a week.

i can cycle easier and faster than a comparable gold team.  

I am not locked into the “have to” cycle cap that is diamond.  

I dont have to tap tap BGs to make the stay at diamond “worth it”.

I personally have been building my team for this all year.  I always talk about being ahead of the curve.....this is what that looks like.  At plat the weekend and Monday we’re hella hard but still manageable for cycle caps with under 5k spent across the two events.  It took time though.....esp on the weekend I would restart levels rather than spend gold since time was in abundance.  

I dont like how the game game became so penal so quickly, and don’t like what that bodes for the future.  
    Do you buy your gold @bigvivec ??
    – The Great Houmy
    edited November 2019
    dkarski87 said:
    Do you buy your gold @bigvivec ??
    Super cheap.....we win enough that I can roll on that for the most part.  I buy boxes with cash, the little 1.99-2.99-4.99 deals and the odd 6.99 -9.99 pop up.  I play CvC solo for boxes during the week too....more often than. It get FP so that’s a discount together with boxes and gold as well as access to tier rewards.  In the end that’s sustainable to the point I won’t  watch videos anymore.  Weekend boxes I used to get via CvC but with cooldown I’ve been buying via the little deals and occasional straight up gold purchases.    I don’t buy gold per se, but bundles yes and will hit the good 19.99 gold+lxp bundle when it comes up. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    People always question why I went platinum and stayed there.  

I can level up legends the old fashioned way about once a week.

i can cycle easier and faster than a comparable gold team.  

I am not locked into the “have to” cycle cap that is diamond.  

I dont have to tap tap BGs to make the stay at diamond “worth it”.

I personally have been building my team for this all year.  I always talk about being ahead of the curve.....this is what that looks like.  At plat the weekend and Monday we’re hella hard but still manageable for cycle caps with under 5k spent across the two events.  It took time though.....esp on the weekend I would restart levels rather than spend gold since time was in abundance.  

I dont like how the game game became so penal so quickly, and don’t like what boded for the future.  
    Yeah, but how do you acquire the gold? I assume you pay for it. Most of the guys complaining don’t want to. 
    One stark dichotomy that I see for the move to diamond is that while you can get gold for d6 cycles, what is it for?  It is cost prohibitive to level up a box player the old fashioned way even with the extra gold (unless you are on auto tap then it’s a whole different ballgame) .....so then why buy boxes except to have a partially leveled rental.  So what does the gold get used for then?  The really top end diamond players either play a lot (full time job time levels) or buy mountains to go along with their d6 cycles.  I can’t afford the time so I stopped short of diamond because I felt I could make a bigger impact across all events at this level which suits my time and financial budget the best with the highest rate of return.  
  • bryzzo1744bryzzo1744 Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    Its beatable at sliver.   Me and a friend beat every monday.  We save our video restart for 6.10 and usually use our finisher for 6.8 6.9 and 6.10
    Its beatable at sliver.   Me and a friend beat every monday.  We save our video restart for 6.10 and usually use our finisher for 6.8 6.9 and 6.10
    How many times beating it, how much gold and how long did it take?