Take a look at my lineup

TIDDYBARTIDDYBAR Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
Debating whether I should hop over to gold or not after an infuriating WOH event and not being able to crack hof 6.10.  My question is... Will the difficulty of WOH increase with my increase in team strength? Or will it just become easier with better stats? I can literally choose any of my players from my woh lineup and get all the way thru hof 1 thru 5.... And half way thru 6 I need to start max boosting and worrying about who has what skills etc. I like that. But I know with my limited resources that you can see in the screenshots that I'm gonna be struggling to recap all these legends even with the massive amount of $ I spend in game ... (only been playing since the day after the world series was over and already VIP level 12 ) so my question is...  Should I wait till I get more lxp before moving top to gold or should I just go ahead and start the struggle. I literally never lose games with my setup now... My losses are from playing 1v1 against club members with better teams just out of boredom. And I like that. But I can't stand not being able to get thru an event when I see others doing it in silver. Or what am I doing wrong? (Ignore my inactive list...those are just what I just pulled waiting to see which will bonus )
Prev1

Comments

• TIDDYBARTIDDYBAR Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Legendary relief pitchers are pretty hard to come by it seems. But they do just fine since every game I pay is like 30-0 even had a 110-0 or something once. 

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Do you have enough EVO and lxp to get you guys at least mid gold? 
    edited November 2019
    The amount I have is in the screenshots with other resources. Like 1400 evo and like 30k lxp. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited November 2019
    If you went gold you wouldn’t beat HOF if it was like today anytime soon without spending some real money.  Other considerations are skills and pennants......you could consider maxing your skills out on your best players but 30k lxp isn’t getting that done either.  
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    You have a great start....but you’re probably about 300-400k LXP from being able to beat HOF

great roster though
    Team is great.....just need resources to get it up.  Catch 22 though since to get the resources you need you would do better to move up, but to move up and do well you need the resources and without them you’ll be stuck in no mans land......with the game ratcheting so quickly you would do better if you boosted skills to cycle better then stop buying and leveling every legend that is in front of you for a couple weeks.....LOL
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I'm in a similar situation. I'm silver with legends at every spot, every sub, and all bench.

Every guy is capped, and my WoH guys' skills are all at least 12. My closers have skills at 17 and above.

My team is now worthless.

Like I said in another thread: If I got pitches to hit on Level 6, my guys crush the ball. But GLU fixes that by rigging the game and not throwing you hittable pitches.

What finished me off for good yesterday was having the bases loaded, the pitcher threw a pitch in the dirt in a sequence where he would normally curve me out. Instead of it being ball four and me getting a run, the game stuck with a strike, then he finished curving me out the next two pitches.

That is literally rigged to lose. Nothing you can do.

And the concept is you pay money to get real strikes thrown. If you don't pay money, pitches in another time zone are strikes. Such BS.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I would probably cap skills before attempting to move. 
    edited November 2019

I'm in a similar situation. I'm silver with legends at every spot, every sub, and all bench.

Every guy is capped, and my WoH guys' skills are all at least 12. My closers have skills at 17 and above.

My team is now worthless.

Like I said in another thread: If I got pitches to hit on Level 6, my guys crush the ball. But GLU fixes that by rigging the game and not throwing you hittable pitches.

What finished me off for good yesterday was having the bases loaded, the pitcher threw a pitch in the dirt in a sequence where he would normally curve me out. Instead of it being ball four and me getting a run, the game stuck with a strike, then he finished curving me out the next two pitches.

That is literally rigged to lose. Nothing you can do.

And the concept is you pay money to get real strikes thrown. If you don't pay money, pitches in another time zone are strikes. Such BS.

Bruh... Exactly. But to be honest I WAS spending money.... I didn't care I was determined to fully cycle yesterday and couldn't. Of course the live boost came after and everyone on the forums said it got mad easier near the end of the event. Lol. But since your team is basically where mine is at... I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one. I'm gonna give woh anther shot at silver I've decided. That will give me time to get resources. (Like the 100k lxp from the VIP monthly joint. ) and also test the notion of the later part of the events difficulty drop.  Thanks for y'alls feedback guys. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Honestly its November, dont worry so much about resources and do what makes you happy.   Gold is significantly easier to clear woh then silver. (let the disagrees flow on that one).   No its not impossible in Silver but it is harder.  In gold you wont need the same level bats as you do in silver to clear it.  
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Honestly its November, dont worry so much about resources and do what makes you happy.   Gold is significantly easier to clear woh then silver. (let the disagrees flow on that one).   No its not impossible in Silver but it is harder.  In gold you wont need the same level bats as you do in silver to clear it.  

I honestly can't believe the number of people who have decided to stagnate in silver.  I held on to silver for a long time but the bonus games matchups, prime matchups, and WOH were way too hard to enjoy.  Saving up for a little while to go gold was the obvious move, and until recently it saved my interest in the game. 

You don't have to spend a ton to be competitive at gold.  You may not be able to bring all of your legends at once, but trading in some of your legends for lxp, leveling the WOH closers, and leveling one pitcher and maybe one reliever will allow you to be competitive immediately.  It's not that hard or expensive.  Grind some videos during double gold and you're halfway there.  (Now, if you have to have the best legends all maxed for ego purposes, yes, prepare to pay. Otherwise, patience can get you there.) 

Metsicans said:

I honestly can't believe the number of people who have decided to stagnate in silver.  I held on to silver for a long time but the bonus games matchups, prime matchups, and WOH were way too hard to enjoy.  Saving up for a little while to go gold was the obvious move, and until recently it saved my interest in the game. 

You don't have to spend a ton to be competitive at gold.  You may not be able to bring all of your legends at once, but trading in some of your legends for lxp, leveling the WOH closers, and leveling one pitcher and maybe one reliever will allow you to be competitive immediately.  It's not that hard or expensive.  Grind some videos during double gold and you're halfway there.  (Now, if you have to have the best legends all maxed for ego purposes, yes, prepare to pay. Otherwise, patience can get you there.) 

Bonus games are blowout wins for me every time. My record is like 2000-5. 5 bein my of losses to club mates 1v1 games. But honestly I wasby really too worried about the grind to bring cap my legends at gold.... I just wasn't sure if the degree of difficulty remains in woh no matter what tier you are in. Like will the final pitcher ALWAYS have the exact same stats for everyone.... Even elite diamond teams.... Or did the game adjust the opponents stats based on your tier. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    TIDDYBAR said:
    Metsicans said:

Bonus games are blowout wins for me every time. My record is like 2000-5. 5 bein my of losses to club mates 1v1 games. But honestly I wasby really too worried about the grind to bring cap my legends at gold.... I just wasn't sure if the degree of difficulty remains in woh no matter what tier you are in. Like will the final pitcher ALWAYS have the exact same stats for everyone.... Even elite diamond teams.... Or did the game adjust the opponents stats based on your tier. 

Interesting, when I left silver -- probably back in May some time -- bonus and prime games were a nightmare.  But legends weren't out yet and primes were still in their infancy, so it was hard to build a silver team to the point where it could beat a gold team.  

Regardless, to answer your question, the pitchers get harder at gold, but the gap between your players and the pitchers is bigger so WOH at gold is easier. And easier still at Diamond, if you make it that far.  If WOH is what you enjoy about the game, you should not stay at silver.  Go gold ASAP. 

Metsicans said:

Regardless, to answer your question, the pitchers get harder at gold, but the gap between your players and the pitchers is bigger so WOH at gold is easier. And easier still at Diamond, if you make it that far.  If WOH is what you enjoy about the game, you should not stay at silver.  Go gold ASAP. 

This completely answers my questions for me. Totally makes sense about the gap getting bigger which in turn makes it theoretically easier.. Thanks man!
    @TIDDYBAR

having just seen your other thread...at this point....drop another 300-400 on Black Friday on some LXP and jump to gold.  

That LXP, and the PXP needed to level 3-5 of those guys skills to 12/12....should be your only focus.

once you get there...you’re going to have a monster of a team.
    TIDDYBAR said:
    Metsicans said:

I forget exactly where the silver BG cap is before you start to lose but I think ist was around 2400 total games before all of a sudden you start losing BGs.  One more thing to consider.  
    @TIDDYBAR

having just seen your other thread...at this point....drop another 300-400 on Black Friday on some LXP and jump to gold.  

That LXP, and the PXP needed to level 3-5 of those guys skills to 12/12....should be your only focus.

once you get there...you’re going to have a monster of a team.
    You guys must have been playing a different version of HOF than I was because I had sim losses all over the place from a team of capped plat legends, all at 13/13 except the closers who are higher.  Just capping closers and a couple others with 12/12 skills would have gone over like a fart in church this past weekend and Monday.  

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Doooont doooo it... 😳 stay in the silver ghetto forever 😉
    @TIDDYBAR

That LXP, and the PXP needed to level 3-5 of those guys skills to 12/12....should be your only focus
    12/12 ? All the players I have in my woh level 10 lineup are at least at 12/20 and 12/20.  I've even already got Red Shoendiest (don't spellchdeck that) skills at 16/20 and 16/20 and I just pulled him today lol
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    TIDDYBAR said:
    @TIDDYBAR

That LXP, and the PXP needed to level 3-5 of those guys skills to 12/12....should be your only focus
    12/12 ? All the players I have in my woh level 10 lineup are at least at 12/20 and 12/20.  I've even already got Red Shoendiest (don't spellchdeck that) skills at 16/20 and 16/20 and I just pulled him today lol
    Not necessary imo my whole line up is 12/12 all 520s and cycle hof every Monday if I play. If you have players under 520 then sure it’s probably necessary to bring those skills up farther.
    Nice team btw 👍🏻
    I've got 1 or 2 510 subs... The rest are all 520 bats. Only have 2 520 sp's.
    I'll give it another shot next week or during the royale and if i still can't cycle. I'm going gold
    Can try Thursday..... that is the next edition.  
    @TIDDYBAR

thwres a 19.99 special in the store today that includes 10 Mega LXP boxes

id crush that if I were you
    @TIDDYBAR

Way ahead of ya. Crushed it way before I read your post and every other special that includes mega lxp boxes. Good looking out tho👍
    TIDDYBAR said:
    @TIDDYBAR

Way ahead of ya. Crushed it way before I read your post and every other special that includes mega lxp boxes. Good looking out tho👍
    Good sh.it

Youre at a point where all the matters is the LXP to get those guys leveled to G10

if I was you, I’d focus on maybe 4-5 of them at the most and then start hunting some of these new 540’s that are dropping
    TIDDYBAR said:
    Legendary relief pitchers are pretty hard to come by it seems. But they do just fine since every game I pay is like 30-0 even had a 110-0 or something once. 

FYI, I rolled to gold with 5 capped 360 SP.  still finishing season 116-0....so there’s no reason at all to waste gold/LXP on those guys until your bats are all stacked
    I did as y'all said and beefed up my skills on my woh lineup. No restarts and only boosted 6.10. Not sure i even needed it. 
    It's crazy how much skills raises your team strength. What's the highest team strength team you guys have seen that is still silver?