Welp, Now We Have Proof: CS Admits WoH HoF Level 6 Is, In Fact, Rigged For Only The Big Spenders.

Comments

• bryzzo1744bryzzo1744 Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    Most times I begin playing at work and finish later that evening although there are times i beat before i leave work.  If I had to estimate on a good day 1 hour and 3 hours on a difficult day.  My finisher is a 206 double late inning carew so it takes me around 30 or 35 gold to reuse and I boost 80 on 6.9 and 6.10.  The most I have spent was 1500.  I'm not a big spender.  My roster is made up of hof legends.  I have a lot of short stops lol
    I usually don't attempt to cycle but I have cycle 3x in one event
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Most times I begin playing at work and finish later that evening although there are times i beat before i leave work.  If I had to estimate on a good day 1 hour and 3 hours on a difficult day.  My finisher is a 206 double late inning carew so it takes me around 30 or 35 gold to reuse and I boost 80 on 6.9 and 6.10.  The most I have spent was 1500.  I'm not a big spender.  My roster is made up of hof legends.  I have a lot of short stops lol
    That makes sense in a way.   At silver like bigpred said, all you need to do is win once and then level up on your own. Diamond is a must for cycle capping.....plat and silver are degrees in between.  Time for diamond cycles prior to this week were two an hour with time for a pee and s smoke as well from what I heard.  So it balances out somewhat.   
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Bigburg said:
    Bigburg said:
    This was my interaction with CS. I spent the entire season trying to build an ok-to- awesome team at gold, instead of rushing through to diamond to struggle until I had accumulated enough resources to truly make my team great.  Now they're telling me that this team is essentially worthless for the event I enjoy the most?  Either move up, struggle for resources the rest of the year, never to get your team good enough as your players get outdated and difficulty continues to increase, or sit the bench and play warm up.  Rather find a new sport...
    I don’t mean to sound too blunt here, but then go find a new sport. 

Staying silver is like playing Mario Kart mushroom cup over and over and over. Big boys move up to the special cup. Yes I’m using the Super Nintendo version for references, but that’s because it is what I grew up with. 

My biggest gripe with WOH right now is that there isn’t a tower where you can earn cycle a prime, just for the prime. Monday we had a 360 option or a 510 option. For a lot of teams 360’s are worthless and the 510 option was unattainable. I was stuck in the middle wishing all-star had a prize I would chase. A 435-440 prime there would have made a huge difference for me as I still have several positions which that would be a huge upgrade (350,360,380, and 400 to be exact). 
    I'm gold, not silver.  

Why should it matter if I'm gold or diamond?  Silver batter faces silver pitchers, gold v gold, etc.  Why then say, hey, if you're not diamond, you shouldn't be able to beat this?  
    My apologies on the gold/silver issue. 

Would you rather have 44% of $100 or $44% of $10,000?

this illustrates the difference between lower levels and diamond. 44% is 44% no matter how you look at it, but when you consider the difference in the player ratings ,the gaps, and effects of the skills, are what makes the difference. 

44% is the boost with 2 skills active at 20% each for those who wonder why I used that number 
  • BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    @Bigpredfan no issue, just clearing up.  I agree it should be only the top tier of each level that should be able to complete, but if they only want the diamond and platinum to beat it, and it would only be the top tier of those that could, the payout should be a lot better at those levels as well.  I have no issue with that, but for that reason I'm not moving up.  It still would take 100k+ lxp to level the guy I get to max gold, and almost 10x more for plat and diamond to do the same. 10k lxp sounds fair at gold, but it should still be beatable for a maxed 520 player with both skills active and 80g boost.  
  • ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    edited November 2019
    DFBB said:
    Reeces said:
    I will tell you DR... CS is fcking Clueless !!! I am at GOLD and i cycled that hof sh$t yesterday plenty of times. 
    CS isn't the only one that's clueless....

To be clear, that was NOT a shot at @Reeces. He knows what it takes to cycle HoF. @drsmartassphd, I respect your passion. I really do. Honestly, if you put half as much thought into the game as you do your posts, you'll be just fine. 
    LOL all good @DFBB .. Here i was thinking our CoolDown timer had expired.. hehe  (inside joke)
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Reeces said:
    I will tell you DR... CS is fcking Clueless !!! I am at GOLD and i cycled that hof sh$t yesterday plenty of times. 
    CS isn't the only one that's clueless....

To be clear, that was NOT a shot at @Reeces. He knows what it takes to cycle HoF. @drsmartassphd, I respect your passion. I really do. Honestly, if you put half as much thought into the game as you do your posts, you'll be just fine. 

I currently own the highest level players the game offers as my closers. I have 3 520 guys with the right skills to get it done. I've put the time and resources in the game to get their skills at 17+ each. I use gold boosts, etc.

On Monday, I had to play the same round for FOUR hours before I got a favorable sequence. After four hours, of playing the same pitchers over and over, your timing becomes impeccable. The only outs I was making were rigged outs from the game. That was it. I relayed in the WoH thread what the brutal, consistent sequence was during that time. The only way I could advance was via HR. Once I got to 6.9, you were screwed because you didn't have enough men on base to start.

All I am asking for is a chance to win ONCE within a reasonable time frame and NOT be put in a position where I have to spend hours and tons of gold waiting on enough pitches to hit that aren't called strikes. Monday had NOTHING to do with my players. They were clearly good enough to win if the game wasn't so blatantly rigged. They would clobber anything those pitchers threw that was a legit, straight strike.

I've already spent more on this game than I would for almost two Xbox games. I've acquired the top players offered through farming gold and playing the right way for hours. I appreciate your responses but that one is quite patronizing considering how GLU sets up the game for people like me to lose.

Playing for hours and knowing the only reason you are losing is because the game is weaponizing a fake strike zone against you to get you to pay more money to make it "fair" is just wrong.

I fully understand the argument for going gold, platinum, etc and how hard that is to cycle.  Again, cycle away and win it over and over and over. Good for you guys. I just want a fair shot to win it once within a reasonable time frame. If that's too much to ask having spent what I've spent in money and time so far, then fine. I won't pester you all in 2020.

Plus, GLU is shutting out people who don't want to spend more than $100 bucks on a mobile app.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @drsmartassphd either go 20/20 on those skills or go gold. jesus effing christ can you stop posting the same shit over and over?
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited November 2019
    btw i haven't spent a dime on the app for months. i stopped at around $240 or so. once you're at the top end of the curve, you just need to spend a dumb amount of time on the game to stay there.
    criffy said:
    btw i haven't spent a dime on the app for months. i stopped at around $240 or so. once you're at the top end of the curve, you just need to spend a dumb amount of time on the game to stay there.

Right, and understand that if I come back for 2020, that is exactly my plan. Go gold earlier in the year and stay there. I already have the plan laid out in Excel. LOL  I also have two plans: one if we can have keepers and one if we don't.

I started later, got a solid team, and frankly, I don't want to spend the amount of money it would take to go gold at this point in time. I've already spent too much.

What I am hoping for is a change for folks who can't spend hundreds of bucks, but are doing the right things to build solid teams.  There has to be a middle ground here. You can't have a game like this where you have customers acquiring the best players the game has to offer, spending time and resources leveling those players, only to find out those players are worthless because you didn't spend more money.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    At this point, you’ve been saying the same stuff over and over across several threads now. Can we please just move on until Thursday WoH at least!?
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    criffy said:
    @drsmartassphd either go 20/20 on those skills or go gold. jesus effing christ can you stop posting the same shit over and over?
    +1
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts

You have no idea how much better I feel after seeing this admission. I cannot believe they actually did this.

I knew all this time I wasn't taking crazy pills. My team IS good enough to hit the pitchers as I've made the right investments in the right players. They just rig it by giving you unhittable "strikes" until you pay up and pay up big.

Find your level of comfort in the game is such a cop-out reply.  You build a damn team full of solid players and legends within your budget to play these games, and this IS the signature game.  You shouldn't be penalized and unable to win the signature game if you don't pay hundreds of dollars for a mobile app. That's insanity and definitely not ethical.

My friggin team blows through every level of WoH except for 6.4-6.10 now. Again, this is fine BUT....

When the ONLY reason I am losing is because the game is programmed to give me crap pitches, knowing my team will blow up straight ones, then that is robbery. Period.

Again, I have no one but myself to blame here as it was obvious they use the strike zone as a weapon against paying customers. I saw this early on, started threads about it, and got solid information to combat it. As soon as I build a team good enough to win WoH HoF a few weeks in a row, they make the game unplayable for people in my situation. I've spent more so far than I would have on an Xbox game that is more realistic, and more importantly NOT RIGGED, but that's not enough. LOLOLOLOLOL

For someone that doesn't sound stupid when he speaks, your stupidity when it comes to this game is almost at a trolling level. For MONTHS everyone here has told you that this game wasn't meant to be played at silver level. Gold ISNT EVEN THAT BAD. Yet because you believe you should have your cake and eat it too and have the game beatable at a level that it isn't meant to be beatable at, Christ even CS said the same things we have been saying.

With the amount of time you play this game I think you are WAAAAAAY over thinking leaving silver. Two months ago I thought about going diamond. Saved up for a month, granted I had to give up on all my legends ( which by the way are obsolete now ) and already have almost a full team of legends cycle capping WOH . Only amount I spend is field pass on Mondays because the $15 is worth my thumb soreness from d6 cycling.

You don't listen to anyone. You don't try to understand game concepts, just what you think should be right. Game doesnt work that way. I am going to be honest every time I read you posts it makes me laugh and I think to myself " god hes a moron "

Thanks for the help, Moen!

@drsmartassphd this made me laugh, well played 

I'm a hard-headed MoFo, Moen. Appreciate the back and forth.

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Yeah, I like the good Dr. Ass, but these guys are right. The game isn't meant for silver teams to wreck HOF at will. A few cycles in an event for the good silver teams, sure; but isnt that what you do? Seems like you want to cycle cap, and as has been mentioned a time or two- go gold+ for that. You're stuck in between wanting the ease of silver and the ease of gold without the "downfalls" of either.. I don't believe that's a true option 🤷‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    The reason for me staying silver is saving resources.  I don't  want to waste gold and lxp leveling players and then they become obsolete.  My plan is to level up once 540s and 550s come out.   Last year I wasted resources leveling players that were eventually inactives.  
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    The reason for me staying silver is saving resources.  I don't  want to waste gold and lxp leveling players and then they become obsolete.  My plan is to level up once 540s and 550s come out.   Last year I wasted resources leveling players that were eventually inactives.  
    Your time is now 😉
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Your time is now 😉
    I agree.  I'm hoping for double gold this weekend.  If so I'm leveling up.   With field pass of course
  • SlashlineSlashline Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    Wait - what was that about Santa now?
    Slashline said:
    Wait - what was that about Santa now?

Santa isn't the guy eating those cookies your wife left out.

Yeah, I like the good Dr. Ass, but these guys are right. The game isn't meant for silver teams to wreck HOF at will. A few cycles in an event for the good silver teams, sure; but isnt that what you do? Seems like you want to cycle cap, and as has been mentioned a time or two- go gold+ for that. You're stuck in between wanting the ease of silver and the ease of gold without the "downfalls" of either.. I don't believe that's a true option 🤷‍♂️

Nah bud, again. I'm not asking to be able to cycle HoF as silver at will at all. On a normal Monday, I'm thrilled if I beat it three times, which is enough to level the guy up. That's three times playing about 5-6 hours.

All I'm asking for now, and going forward, is the opportunity to win it without having to wait nearly 4 hours for the right RNG on Level 6 alone. That's it. I don't think that's too much to ask, considering the level of my roster, as well as the time and effort put in to building it.

Also, a silver team full of legends is resource thirsty big time. I know that's hard to believe, but it is true. Most of the real money I've spent on this game has been resource box deals. Now, I'm Evo starved.

Nah bud, again. I'm not asking to be able to cycle HoF as silver at will at all. On a normal Monday, I'm thrilled if I beat it three times, which is enough to level the guy up. That's three times playing about 5-6 hours.

All I'm asking for now, and going forward, is the opportunity to win it without having to wait nearly 4 hours for the right RNG on Level 6 alone. That's it. I don't think that's too much to ask, considering the level of my roster, as well as the time and effort put in to building it.

Also, a silver team full of legends is resource thirsty big time. I know that's hard to believe, but it is true. Most of the real money I've spent on this game has been resource box deals. Now, I'm Evo starved.

I also have a legend filled silver team.  I'm curious how you are evo starved.    What have we done differently?  I haven't bought the first evo box and I wasnt  an evo hunter.  I have 992 evo.  I have leveled 2 legends to silver ten since Monday and have enough lxp to level another legend.  
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Go evo hunting @drsmartassphd ... LMAO. Too soon?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy

bryzzo, somewhere along the way I was at 400 EVO and then out of nowhere I had NONE. LOL

Primarily due to one particular weekend where I pulled and leveled up four legends.

I currently have LxP to level another one if I win one. I'm also about to finish my season mode so that will get me another 100.

Also, what is "evo hunting"?

You don’t get it though, your lucky to beat it once as silver and should be glad you can . 

I’m sure you see all these diamond players cycling 12 plus times but you do need to understand we need to level the player to PLATINUM 10 before we even think about cycling if we don’t want to get stressed about time. 

Leveling a legend to plat 10 is like 3 maxed out silver legends , so you have nothing to complain about 
    It might actually be more then that lol
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    In the end 6h invested is 6h invested.