New Android update!!!

2Next

Comments

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited November 2019
    LOL......New update screwed with the auto tap?

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts

• Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    criffy said:
    Video for gold requires an extra tap. If they do double gold this weekend I'm rolling back a version
    Videos for gold doesn't work on the new update?
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    Yeah I installed it and now I'm device locked out of my account.rip. Just got teddy ballgame too
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    Vids for gold works for me. But it pays out automatically after each video now.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    criffy said:
    Video for gold requires an extra tap. If they do double gold this weekend I'm rolling back a version
    they do but it's pretty inefficient. you have to tap once to watch the video, tap a second time to close the video and then there's an automatic payout of 4 gold that you have to accept. so it requires a third tap on each video instead of accumulating gold after the first two taps and cashing out with that 3rd step. does that make sense?
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    criffy said:
    criffy said:
    they do but it's pretty inefficient. you have to tap once to watch the video, tap a second time to close the video and then there's an automatic payout of 4 gold that you have to accept. so it requires a third tap on each video instead of accumulating gold after the first two taps and cashing out with that 3rd step. does that make sense?
    oic, so no more tapping for an hour and hitting back button for a few hundred gold all at once. lame
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Just popping in -- I was out yesterday because I had to deal with some personal issues.

The main reason for this Android update is performance and speed.  As we all are well aware of, the last big update came with rather unsavory Android speed.  Our team believed they found the culprit.  I'm not going to go in full detail, but in short TLDR form -- Google has new restrictions for adding games to Google Play that we had to abide by, and for some reason, it just slowed the game down.  Also note that this new restriction pretty much cripples "older" phones, so if you're using a phone that was released before 2017, I don't really have any good news to tell you.

As for the problems surrounding Prime games, the team was on it late last night running scripts to narrow down what the issue was.  I don't have any other concrete update than that, but a forced update will go out in a little bit.  Of all of Glu, only the Tap Sports Baseball team is in their studio today. :)

I expect to be tapping at full force as soon as the Thanksgiving dinner table gets awkward... which pretty much happens right away.
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    Just popping in -- I was out yesterday because I had to deal with some personal issues.

The main reason for this Android update is performance and speed.  As we all are well aware of, the last big update came with rather unsavory Android speed.  Our team believed they found the culprit.  I'm not going to go in full detail, but in short TLDR form -- Google has new restrictions for adding games to Google Play that we had to abide by, and for some reason, it just slowed the game down.  Also note that this new restriction pretty much cripples "older" phones, so if you're using a phone that was released before 2017, I don't really have any good news to tell you.

As for the problems surrounding Prime games, the team was on it late last night running scripts to narrow down what the issue was.  I don't have any other concrete update than that, but a forced update will go out in a little bit.  Of all of Glu, only the Tap Sports Baseball team is in their studio today. :)

I expect to be tapping at full force as soon as the Thanksgiving dinner table gets awkward... which pretty much happens right away.
    Can you unlock my account lol
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Forced Android update was just pushed out.  It should populate shortly.
  • Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    New update is quick!!!! FINALLY 
  • cgainzcgainz Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    Did it fix the goddamn manual batting order issue? 
    I also see the check for the bonus players is gone in the listing. Also, there are offers that have no price. 

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    cgainz said:
    Did it fix the goddamn manual batting order issue? 
    I also see the check for the bonus players is gone in the listing. Also, there are offers that have no price. 

Batting order is fixed.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Everytime I watch a video now it shows the amount of gold I get, really slows down the amount you get, since the new update.
    Removed the checks? And where the hell is Tino hiding? 

In the 10th box
    edited November 2019
    Sooo ...We gotta have shitty luck to get tino? Lmao
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    So a few observations:
    1) As noted above, the check marks above the bonus players on your team are gone.  I hope they come back because are useful when you're plowing through boxes and ignore everything but legends.
    2) Back key isn't consistent.  It seems to work on the Games screen but not the Team and Store screens (I didn't try them all).
    3 and related to #2) If you press the back key on, say the Team screen, it does nothing but then press the menu button in the top left and the screen will start to show the menu but then it appears to consume the previous back key and the menu quickly goes away and you're at the same screen.
    4)  Random 'App has closed' messages.  I've been getting them quite a bit but the app doesn't seem to be closing or Glu has put in some magic to 'hide' the close and immediately open it up again at the same screen.  (I worked at a place that did that  :)  ).

Anyone else seeing these issues?  I don't mind reporting Q & A results as long as they get fixed in a timely and proper fashion.
    In the 10th box
    Nope... he's not. I went to the 10th box 2x  no Tino
    You have a small chance to pull him on the 10th box
    edited November 2019
    So a few observations:
    1) As noted above, the check marks above the bonus players on your team are gone.  I hope they come back because are useful when you're plowing through boxes and ignore everything but legends.
    2) Back key isn't consistent.  It seems to work on the Games screen but not the Team and Store screens (I didn't try them all).
    3 and related to #2) If you press the back key on, say the Team screen, it does nothing but then press the menu button in the top left and the screen will start to show the menu but then it appears to consume the previous back key and the menu quickly goes away and you're at the same screen.
    4)  Random 'App has closed' messages.  I've been getting them quite a bit but the app doesn't seem to be closing or Glu has put in some magic to 'hide' the close and immediately open it up again at the same screen.  (I worked at a place that did that  :)  ).

Anyone else seeing these issues?  I don't mind reporting Q & A results as long as they get fixed in a timely and proper fashion.
    1. Yeah.  That definitely sucks. We're investigating to see if this is also an issue on iOS (if anybody on that sees it, let us know).  Oftentimes when we make fixes to one thing, something else breaks.  Believe me, it's as annoying to us as it is to you.

2. As important as this is, this is probably last on our list of worries.

3. This has been reported and assigned to one of our engineers to fix it.

4. Really weird. It might be one of the background programs we use that have nothing to do with the game, but this shouldn't affect the way your game runs, so it won't be as highly prioritized as what we have on our docket.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @blueleopard your response was thoughtful and helpful. Wish we could get more of you on here
    @DFBB so how did you like the quickness of the bonus games today?
    Like? I LOVED it! :)
    DFBB said:
    Its forever since I've knocked out that many bonus games in day man.
    cgainz said:
    In the 10th box
    Nope... he's not. I went to the 10th box 2x  no Tino
    You have to have bad luck until the 10th box, then have really good luck on the 10th box.
    DFBB said:
    Its forever since I've knocked out that many bonus games in day man.
    I got 2200 games in today. Felt like '18. lol
    Found Tino...