Headscratcher

retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
edited November 2019 in General TSB Discussion
The WOH reward Don Baylor is nice, but not enticing enough for me to care- especially for a 7 level tower full of level 5 pitchers.

The boxes are VERY "meh" for me, actually for me personally they're pretty gross.

The players being SOLD for actual dinero have zero appeal to me, if you want my money I'll need better than 470 primes with blah skills at this point. 

The stupid cooldown isn't going away, so I can't even mess around and hop into different clubs to find my own fun.

The tournament box is absolute trash- a burning dumpster full of epidermic needles and cow manure.

I've personally found zero reason to play anything this weekend, but I'm just curious- who's excited and feeling good about this weekend? What are the positives? Give me a different perspective to see if I'm just tripping 🤷🏻‍♂️
"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
Prev1

Comments

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Its pretty horrible. I'm just going to d6 cycle , do cvc and do some cycles for lxp when I have some time. Not even going to attempt to lxp cycle if its a level 5 babe until I can get Gene to 20/20, so maybe sunday? At least I don't have to worry about cycle capping
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    I believe you've already answered your own questions. Go forth into the world and enjoy life this weekend. You will miss nothing.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    @retirepujols that sums up the weekend perfectly. 
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Double gold videos are the only good part of this weekend
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Yeah feeling is mutual. Might just buy a few boxes to nab a CvC guys that’s all. Oh yeah and double gold gettin’
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Hmmmmm sounds like all the reasons I deleted the app. Feeling good about my decision 
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    I'd start looking up play times for Frozen 2 at this point....
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Yup your post sums it up. For me after  yesterday, I’m gonna sit this weekend out. already turned off notifications. I’m keeping an eye on the forums for a week or two but if nothing positive changes, I’m done too.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Yesterday’s WOH reward was a perfect fit for my squad, but given that it was Thanksgiving, I didn’t even play. Now that I have plenty of spare time, the rewards stink and the tower is brutally hard. Super disappointed. In order to open my purse strings today I would need to see something new and amazing - how about a super charge pack that maxes out a player’s level and skills for $100? Lol!
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    with this difficulty on the woh tower, the top prize should be a 540 legend, not some 510 guy who is ok (woh skills only), but not great.
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    agree, not going to play WOH this weekend, would rather farm gold. Yesterday's reward was better and there was 1 less stage. No reason to waste time and gold...
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I remember Tsb Black Friday last year and being so excited waiting on the perfect player the I needed... and there he was 490 dbl rhp bryce Harper. It was a lot of fun and was fully engaged this time last year!  They could still do the same thing and stir up some interest all they gotta do is release some good players 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Real quick- to those that disagree but don't want to explain here, please feel free to PM me. I am genuinely interested in hearing some positives and different perspectives. I'm not just bashing here 👍🏻 have a good weekend, everybody! I've got a Slayer concert tonight with floor tickets, and a Slayer concert tomorrow night with seat tickets. I didn't make it home for Thanksgiving yesterday, but I made it in time for some headbanging and one last mosh for Raining Blood 🤪 Inglewood, here I come 🤘🏻
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    lmao I love WOH... But Fuk THIS... @blueleopard. Happy thanksgiving. You guys fuked your own game and wont have anyone left to play it. Enjoy the turkey.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    I was looking forward to the Black Friday deals, willing to spend cash.

Just saw the pop up deal. 25k gold is great, but all those trash event boxes made it easy to click cancel in about 3 seconds. Replace the garbage event boxes with mega LXP boxes and Glu would have got my $100. 

I swear ever since the cool down timer went in effect the specials have been mostly garbage. Feels like at least 70% or more of them include stuff like blue cash, BXP, EVO, pennants, etc. Even PXP I haven't been willing to spend cash on in at least a couple months, probably longer.

I don't know why they don't focus more specials on just gold and LXP. That's all I am willing to spend on unless the event boxes happen to be really fantastic (happens maybe once a month lol).

Another weekend of stocking gold and saving cash. I guess I should be thankful.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    lmao I love WOH... But Fuk THIS... @blueleopard. Happy thanksgiving. You guys fuked your own game and wont have anyone left to play it. Enjoy the turkey.

I was able to win yesterday's WoH and had fun. Yeah yeah silver, but today, I'm already being curved out on 5.4 in a scenario where I have nearly triple matchup favorability.

Double gold will be the only thing I go after this weekend as I don't need a 510 player anyway.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    Agree with everything you said @retirepujols
    but mine was more of a ball scratcher...opened the app up to see the nonsense they were handing out this weekend, laughed, and closed the app all while scratching my nuts.. glu is **** retarded.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts

Just saw the pop up deal. 25k gold is great, but all those trash event boxes made it easy to click cancel in about 3 seconds. Replace the garbage event boxes with mega LXP boxes and Glu would have got my $100. 

I swear ever since the cool down timer went in effect the specials have been mostly garbage. Feels like at least 70% or more of them include stuff like blue cash, BXP, EVO, pennants, etc. Even PXP I haven't been willing to spend cash on in at least a couple months, probably longer.

I don't know why they don't focus more specials on just gold and LXP. That's all I am willing to spend on unless the event boxes happen to be really fantastic (happens maybe once a month lol).

They had that pop up deal yesterday. 20,000 gold and over 20 mega lxp boxes. Not sure why they didn’t have it again today. Totally agree with you. Need more lxp deals. 
    @snowy24 yeah I saw that deal but part of the value was 25 mega pxp boxes. 

I'm not spending money on resources I already have in abundance. I only use PXP on skills, pitchers and maybe a bonus player if I'm really going hard in a particular event. I have more than enough to cover those needs, as I imagine most others do as well.

I just don't understand why they can't make it all LXP boxes. I have hard time believing it wouldn't lead to more people clicking buy. LXP is the life blood of the game now.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts

The best deals available right now are the $19.99 for 3k gold and 10 mega lxp boxes (400.2 gold per dollar) or the $99.99 for 15k gold, 30 crowd the plate boxes, and 20 mega lxp boxes (400.4 gold per dollar), and the pop up deal for 25k gold, 30 turkey trot boxes, and 20 crowd the place boxes (425.04 gold per dollar).

So basically, if you want only gold and lxp - buy the $19.99 (limit 3).  If you want a mix of gold, lxp, and player boxes - buy the $99.99 in the deals tab.  If you want to chase weekend bonus players and points - buy the pop up offer.
    @More2Most2First, thank you, but I did already understand all that :smile: 

The point is the packages containing things I don't want or need - why would I spend cash for that? 

I just think it would be in their best interest in terms of sales to have more than one small bundle focusing on gold/lxp. I could be wrong but that's just how I see it.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    The boxes suck big time...atg’s are meh..I’d level Ted for c vs c but I doubt I would even do that...too much struggle...winning is allot more fun which causes me to spend to cap the shiny new thing...if I do any more cycles it will just go to skills..took almost an hour and a half and 1k gold...now I’ll need to watch videos for an hour plus to get that back just for a chance to get another cycle...
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Real quick- to those that disagree but don't want to explain here, please feel free to PM me. I am genuinely interested in hearing some positives and different perspectives. I'm not just bashing here 👍🏻 have a good weekend, everybody! I've got a Slayer concert tonight with floor tickets, and a Slayer concert tomorrow night with seat tickets. I didn't make it home for Thanksgiving yesterday, but I made it in time for some headbanging and one last mosh for Raining Blood 🤪 Inglewood, here I come 🤘🏻
    Inglewood, up to no good.  Heard that in a movie once.  Slayer concert sounds awesome.  I don't know much of their music, but I have liked the stuff I've heard.  I've got a Dallas Stars game to go to tonight.  Should be a fun loss to the Stanley Cup champs.  And those boxes are pretty meh.  Three of the legends I've never heard of, and then there's JT Snow and his career .268 BA... what a legend.  Have a great time at the back to back concerts though!
    Just no.  
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    These last couple weeks feel like someone at GLU is intentionally trying NOT to make money. It’s been so bad, I’m not even upset.  It’s actually just funny at this point .
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I agree and was honestly expecting to see some awesome players like I’ve heard about from last year (500 max bxp Yelich!).  Alas, we are left wondering how in the world Glu makes these decisions because whoever is in charge, clearly isn’t good at the concept of revenue generation, lol.
  • KeepOnComplainingKeepOnComplaining Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Same comments, different post :o

I love me some Slayer.

My wife and kids aren't home so I'm jamming to some Death Angel right now.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

I love me some Slayer.

My wife and kids aren't home so I'm jamming to some Death Angel right now.

I knew I liked you 😃
    Now I'm listening to Jamey Jasta's solo project. Can't wait for Volume 2 to come out.

• spaghettiloverspaghettilover Registered Users 59 Posts
    Maybe the idea is that they have such a dramatic increase in difficulty and then they give us these amazing Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals that "we won't be able to resist to be competitive again". It's having the exact opposite effect on me though. A Black Friday special popped up for me: 25,000 gold and like 20-30 of each of the weekend boxes. I had no problem closing out of it. I'm not even close to considering dropping a penny on this game right now and Glu is making my decision easier and easier.