Leadoff Skill

2Next

Comments

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Despite displaying otherwise, it's my very strong opinion that the new 'leadoff' skill does NOT work in WoH. Maybe it's the way WoH is structured(no batting order), but it appears to work just fine in CvC. I recently had the skills of my custom player changed to 2x leadoff and now, I'm hoping that I can get it changed back to 2x late innings. Disappointing would be quite the understatement. :(
    I have to disagree.  Got Damon over the weekend and he was an ace on Monday.  As you say the skill lights in WOH;  performance is there as well so I don’t see an issue.  Have a couple highly invested buddies who are thrilled with him as well.   

Maybe its the player thats that’s a dud?  😂 

Anyway, I think the skill is awesome.....fires in every mode.  Only issue is having too many players in the squad with that skill (like more than one!)

Hahahahaha 
    Amazing that a glowing light gives one a sense of comfort and confidence. It’s like a golf ball.  They’re all essentially the same, yet every golfer swears that it matters. 
    I used to play a lot of golf.......ball really does matter, LOL
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited November 2019
    @bigvivec I hate to say it but I DISAGREE brother. I got blackmon on the weekend (mind you hes only a 450max). So I capped him 2020 because it was cheap with 50% discount. He did amazing all weekend in cvc, sprint, bgs, you name it. Come Monday I was happy to have another great  lefty 20/20 bat for WOH, he would never be a closer for me as I have better but I wanted him to help sim rounds faster in HOF.

I tried to use him a few times on 6-7 6-8 in HOF and he did absolutely awful against the better pitchers. In comparison I have a 450max Legend Scocia who is also 2020 and they comparison between the two was night and day. Blackmon would struggle to get FBs from Verlander, and this wasn't just 1 or 2 cycles. I cycle a lot on Mondays so I saw a huge impact. So as other have pointed out I think the lead-off skill in WOH mode is a bust. After a few frustrated attempts I moved blackmon down the pecking order and just simmed him on the lower levels because he really wasn't getting the job done manual playing at 6-7 6-8 6-9.

Just my 2 cents, but I agree with @DFBB and others about this now. Either they messed up the coding (not surprise if they did) on the skill aspect in WOH mode. Trust me it looks like its on, but when you play alot of WOH you can notice when your playing a guy that has 2 skills versus 1 skill. And this seemed to be the case, the skills shows on but the pitch sequences make it seems like there is only one skill on.

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    @bigvivec I hate to say it but I DISAGREE brother. I got blackmon on the weekend (mind you hes only a 450max). So I capped him 2020 because it was cheap with 50% discount. He did amazing all weekend in cvc, sprint, bgs, you name it. Come Monday I was happy to have another great  lefty 20/20 bat for WOH, he would never be a closer for me as I have better but I wanted him to help sim rounds faster in HOF.

I tried to use him a few times on 6-7 6-8 in HOF and he did absolutely awful against the better pitchers. In comparison I have a 450max Legend Scocia who is also 2020 and they comparison between the two was night and day. Blackmon would struggle to get FBs from Verlander, and this wasn't just 1 or 2 cycles. I cycle a lot on Mondays so I saw a huge impact. So as other have pointed out I think the lead-off skill in WOH mode is a bust. After a few frustrated attempts I moved blackmon down the pecking order and just simmed him on the lower levels because he really wasn't getting the job done manual playing at 6-7 6-8 6-9.

Just my 2 cents, but I agree with @DFBB and others about this now. Either they messed up the coding (not surprise if they did) on the skill aspect in WOH mode. Trust me it looks light it on, but when you play alot of WOH you can notice when your playing a guy that has 2 skills versus 1 skill. And this seemed to be the case, the skills shows on but the pitch sequences make it seems like there is only one skill on.

You and DFBB are OGs for sure and play ALOT of WOH in a group of guys who play a lot of WOH.  Can’t speak to Debby Jr or Blackmon with the leadoff skill but I ran Damon with 12/12 skills at 6.9 and lost once in 10 or 11 cycles (hazy.....there was wild turkey 101 involved), plat level.  I’m good with that and don’t know what else I could hope for.  He was a hammer......I can guess at why, just know he was solid.  I went 1/1 on 3.10 and 1/1 on 4.10 with him too FWIW when I got a little bored and tried him out lefty on lefty (3.10 was the experiment....4.10!was wild turkey and forgetting where I was .......LOL!) 

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Trust me man, I was banking on him being money for me in woh. Maybe it was bad just RNG monday??? Who knows, I will be trying him again on Monday and see if the results are the same.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Check with our mutual Royals fan friend....he capped Damon too and was pretty happy.   Maybe bad RNG....I’ve had those days.   Maybe I had a good day and will get hit hard next Monday.  Watch this space;  I’m really curious about this and don’t feel like it’s “solved” yet.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    The best part about tsb is that we don't always agree on everything. Cheers! :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    DFBB said:
    fahhq2 said:
    DFBB said:
    Despite displaying otherwise, it's my very strong opinion that the new 'leadoff' skill does NOT work in WoH. Maybe it's the way WoH is structured(no batting order), but it appears to work just fine in CvC. I recently had the skills of my custom player changed to 2x leadoff and now, I'm hoping that I can get it changed back to 2x late innings. Disappointing would be quite the understatement. :(
    So what ur saying is u originally had LI skills, then changed them to LO and now want them changed again??? I’m sorry @DFBB, but maybe you should make up ur mind. To be allowed a change kinda sucks, but to change it again is pollo caca, really. Man up and live with the decision you made the first time...or at least the second one. Maybe Debbie is the appropriate name. I’m just saying...
    The point of this thread is to create awareness of the leadoff skill. How you feel about my custom player, my decision about the skills, or their willingness to adjust those skills? Why does that matter to you? I'm just asking....

edit: the fact that I've requested a change away from what is, on paper, the best skill set for an atg is my way of putting my money where my mouth is. 
    I refuse to focus on the cool down timer you invented and rolled out....thats for sure.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

edited November 2019
    DFBB said:
    The best part about tsb is that we don't always agree on everything. Cheers! :)
    Except your cool down timer...no one likes that.!

edited November 2019
    I’m still on the fence with leadoff skills. All of my experiences so far in woh, eb, and cvc have shown the skill is active when it should be. 
    It was amazing for me in all other modes. That said, all we can do is share our experiences. Several things about the game has guys on different sides of the fence and this one will be no different. At lower tiers, there's very little risk and that skill is money for all other modes. I got the 520 Damon on my silver club holder, for example, and didn't hesitate to cap him. At diamond? Zero chance. 

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Erm, fight club debbie, fight club ya narc!
    This will be the one time the moron's at glu will read the Forums....party's over Debby f'd it up for ere'one

criffy said:
    Erm, fight club debbie, fight club ya narc!
    Oops...also, what y'all talking about? 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Trust me man, I was banking on him being money for me in woh. Maybe it was bad just RNG monday??? Who knows, I will be trying him again on Monday and see if the results are the same.
    I only beat HOF once on Monday, but my G10 Blackmon (8/8) did the trick for me at 5.8 and 6.7.
    buddydave said:
    dkarski87 said:
    I only beat HOF once on Monday, but my G10 Blackmon (8/8) did the trick for me at 5.8 and 6.7.
    How many fails did you have at 5.8 and 6.7?  
  • brewmanchubrewmanchu Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

Just my 2 cents, but I agree with @DFBB and others about this now. Either they messed up the coding (not surprise if they did) on the skill aspect in WOH mode. Trust me it looks like its on, but when you play alot of WOH you can notice when your playing a guy that has 2 skills versus 1 skill. And this seemed to be the case, the skills shows on but the pitch sequences make it seems like there is only one skill on.

I have to agree that the leadoff skill is useless in WOH. I'm gold. Have 304 Tony Fernandez (520 max) at 12/14 (leadoff skill/runners on skill), and he's 1 for 10 in the late rounds. Went back to Cecil Cooper who's 275 (470 max) at 20/20 (both skills late innings). He never losses against RHP. I personally think the leadoff skill goes away in WOH after the first at bat.
    dkarski87 said:

I have to agree that the leadoff skill is useless in WOH. I'm gold. Have 304 Tony Fernandez (520 max) at 12/14 (leadoff skill/runners on skill), and he's 1 for 10 in the late rounds. Went back to Cecil Cooper who's 275 (470 max) at 20/20 (both skills late innings). He never losses against RHP. I personally think the leadoff skill goes away in WOH after the first at bat.
    That’s not apples to apples though.  Hard to compare them.    
  • jerrye23jerrye23 Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

what  is tthe highest round you can beat with Cooper?
    dkarski87 said:

As has been mentioned, that's not a fair comparison. Some have Morgan at 20/20. Some like him, some don't. One of the cool things about the forums/community is reading about the experiences of others. Personally, for woh purposes, I have zero interest in the lead off skill. However, that's just me. Ultimately, it's best to just play and decide for yourself.
  • TIDDYBARTIDDYBAR Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    edited December 2019
    I know for a fact risp works. As long as the runner is either on 2nd or 3rd. It was night and day difference in the pitch and ability to make contact w the ball. As soon as the runner scored... I either strike out or infield popup. My player has double risp skills at level 17... I tested that out several times as he is not at all close to being able to compete unless I got a walk or a lucky hit to the OF and then the skills activate and I crush the next floaters or fastballs that get thrown right up the middle

What I'm trying to figure out is...how in the world are you "changing" a Custom player? I'm assuming you're talking about your MyLegend. Or did I miss something @DFBB ?
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    TIDDYBAR said:
    I know for a fact risp works. As long as the runner is either on 2nd or 3rd. It was night and day difference in the pitch and ability to make contact w the ball. As soon as the runner scored... I either strike out or infield popup. My player has double risp skills at level 17... I tested that out several times as he is not at all close to being able to compete unless I got a walk or a lucky hit to the OF and then the skills activate and I crush the next floaters or fastballs that get thrown right up the middle

What I'm trying to figure out is...how in the world are you "changing" a Custom player? I'm assuming you're talking about your MyLegend. Or did I miss something @DFBB ?
    Well you're new here but him and other vip council members (meeting that select VIPs had with glu staff earlier in the year) were rewarded with something akin to up, down, left, right, a, b, select start this year. Custom legends for the year that resembled atgs move to the top of the rating curve with any two skills they wanted. So his custom player is currently a 540 with late innings skills x2
    criffy said:
    TIDDYBAR said:

Well you're new here but him and other vip council members (meeting that select VIPs had with glu staff earlier in the year) were rewarded with something akin to up, down, left, right, a, b, select start this year. Custom legends for the year that resembled atgs move to the top of the rating curve with any two skills they wanted. So his custom player is currently a 540 with late innings skills x2
    Don’t forget a switch hitter.  More than a little jealous. ;)