Royale WOH

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Yeah got to 5.10 and got smoked. So it’s prime and bonus’s games. 
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Just an fyi: all my bats are 20/20 and all hitting upgrades are at 100.
    So if @dfbb can’t beat it no one can. 😂 

I just don’t think that should be the standard for being able to cycle. For the rest of us, it appears GLU has closed the books on 2019 and is focusing on the premiere teams (wether high spenders or not—though IMO they are the spenders). What’s more frustrating is that in general these teams care nothing about the player rewards for WOH. Just the resources. So while everyone is is starving for LXP and etc...those already at the top are feasting. The GAP already has widened in the past two weeks...I mean does GLU not understand what their actions are communicating? 
    Is there a L/R chart for the weekend woh?
    See the original comment on this post. For all 7 rounds. 
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    My bad. Thanks @JTTeams
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Lowrie had a higher success rate on 6.5 gossage yesterday than i'm having today on 6.5 yates. Makes no sense
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    5.10 is extremely difficult at silver.  Been at it for hours and can't get a decent pitch sequence.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    5-10 was difficult at gold as well, lost twice and said done with WOH.  I’m a 170k gold and cycling WOH used to not be an issue.  Now it is and the reward would be on my inactive, guess I’ll just eat some more turkey and pie.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    5-10 was difficult at gold as well, lost twice and said done with WOH.  I’m a 170k gold and cycling WOH used to not be an issue.  Now it is and the reward would be on my inactive, guess I’ll just eat some more turkey and pie.
    Took AVS 9 tries to beat 5.10, Capped at gold skills at 14/12
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JTTeams said:
    Just an fyi: all my bats are 20/20 and all hitting upgrades are at 100.
    So if @dfbb can’t beat it no one can. 😂 

I just don’t think that should be the standard for being able to cycle. For the rest of us, it appears GLU has closed the books on 2019 and is focusing on the premiere teams (wether high spenders or not—though IMO they are the spenders). What’s more frustrating is that in general these teams care nothing about the player rewards for WOH. Just the resources. So while everyone is is starving for LXP and etc...those already at the top are feasting. The GAP already has widened in the past two weeks...I mean does GLU not understand what their actions are communicating? 
    Baker actually helps my team quite a bit. He gives me valuable versatility and a great bat vs leftys. That said, you're absolutely correct. The gap continues to grow and frankly, I don't think that's healthy for the game/community. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited November 2019
    As has been previously pointed out, I immensely enjoy your optimism brother.  I suspect if we knew each other in RL, I’d spend a small fortune buying your positive ass a beer.

That said, Whatever your influence may be @DFBB you might want to take the opportunity to communicate, to anyone, and everyone you can....that the worm is about to turn, very bad, very quickly.

These past two weeks are bad.  Really really bad.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Is there a L/R chart for the weekend woh?

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Honestly woh has been bad all year...unless your diamond the rewards aren’t really worth the time to cycle cap, and if they are you probably don’t have that option. last year woh always gave us a shot at the top players and it was only 5 levels and came with allot more pxp, lxp possibilities. So if they made it real hard I was still engaged enough to power through because I had a chance at a real difference maker and resources to level them..going by the boards last weekend was tough enough for most people and they still bumped it up again.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    If ya gonna disagree just state your point where I’m wrong. I’m not on here to get into a battle with anyone, but wouldn’t mind hearing your perspective on the current state of woh. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I’m at plat with a 200+k team and it took me two hours to get through and a bunch of gold.  No restarts but had to boost the last three rounds of levels 6 and 7 with bats leveled to 13-14/20.  It is what it is but for me the sudden change swallowed up a lot of teams and has wrecked the balance of the game.  It’s like if you were a footballer and came back from halftime to find the field was now in the side of a hill and you had to play the second half uphill.  This is a management game more than anything and if you f...ck with the speed of the rate of changes it squashes strategy and ruins a major aspect of this game.  
    whammo911 said:
    If ya gonna disagree just state your point where I’m wrong. I’m not on here to get into a battle with anyone, but wouldn’t mind hearing your perspective on the current state of woh. 
    I agree with you.   Prize is ok today. but redundant if you picked up Tenance on turkey day.  Regardless, the point you made that last year so long as you kept up with cycling and adding the player of the week to your roster, you could maintain a relevant and competitive team is spot on. Yes it was hard last year but resources were available from more sources other than straight purchasing, and if you could keep getting the WOH player that equates to having a team that was able to beat WOH.  Current difficulty levels demand that not only do you have players from midweek boxes (more expensive to buy, less discount to level, no cycle cap) but you need to invest pretty deep in skills and use of boosts on game day.  

It used to be if you were “good”, you could maintain a model that was sustainable without gold purchases and still have a very good team and be very competitive.  Prove me wrong;  how many are able to cycle just one time who are not in all star double digits?
    BTW, I’m bitter because this has wrecked the game from where am sit.  Chats are quiet, it’s quiet here, a few in nynclub have quit and others including myself have very little motivation and are barely participating.  It is a crying shame but the new initiatives have sapped a lot of the fun from the game and more and more are not dramatically making an exit but just don’t show up anymore.  It really sucks.  
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited November 2019
    bigvivec said:
    whammo911 said:
    I agree with you.   Prize is ok today. but redundant if you picked up Tenance on turkey day.  Regardless, the point you made that last year so long as you kept up with cycling and adding the player of the week to your roster, you could maintain a relevant and competitive team is spot on. Yes it was hard last year but resources were available from more sources other than straight purchasing, and if you could keep getting the WOH player that equates to having a team that was able to beat WOH.  Current difficulty levels demand that not only do you have players from midweek boxes (more expensive to buy, less discount to level, no cycle cap) but you need to invest pretty deep in skills and use of boosts on game day.  

It used to be if you were “good”, you could maintain a model that was sustainable without gold purchases and still have a very good team and be very competitive.  Prove me wrong;  how many are able to cycle just one time who are not in all star double digits?
    If I really were inclined, I could cap cycle this weekend. All star 7

edit: @bigvivec - you're not a solo cvc guy, right? it's the most important thing i did all year was to get a solo plat club. i haven't spent on this game since july
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    edited November 2019
    bigvivec said:
     the new initiatives have sapped a lot of the fun from the game and more and more are not dramatically making an exit but just don’t show up anymore.  It really sucks.  
    Agreed @bigvivec. Play usually takes a slight downtick this time of year, but much more so this year. There is a very noticeable decrease in play in my club, myself included. Apathy reigns. I still pop on every day to play my season mode and usually to put up a few points to help get the club to level 6, but I am not nearly spending as much time as I was earlier in the year. You said it perfectly in my opinion. Many are just silently walking away from the game. No drama, no vocal outbursts, just kind of quietly fading away... Just to qualify, this is not my first go-around. I first played this game in 2015 and have played every year since. This year's version has a markedly different feel to it.
    criffy said:
    bigvivec said:
    whammo911 said:

If I really were inclined, I could cap cycle this weekend. All star 7

edit: @bigvivec - you're not a solo cvc guy, right? it's the most important thing i did all year was to get a solo plat club. i haven't spent on this game since july
    I have had a solo plat club since June.....used to dip in and out to get rewards after playing a few at home but can't do that anymore due to the cool down.  As a group our club breaks after Monday WOH for solo clubs and reconvenes following Clash since the cool down started.  But you're right;  having your own club is huge in terms of CVC rewards.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I actually think today isn't much more difficult than yesterday. 5.10 is significantly tougher than the HoF 5.10, but other than that, it's just more of a grind. I am spending more(about 440g per cycle), but that's a direct result of having 7 levels as opposed to 6 on HoF. 

edit: Worth noting that extra bases were very difficult to come by yesterday(and Monday). Today, homers continue to be elusive, but it's doubles galore(at the end of level 6 and 7). So far, 6.7 and 7.7 today has proven to be easier than 6.7 from HoF too.

Correct. I am finding that as well, despite being lower than you. My challenge comes on 7.9 and 7.10. I can clobber every level but those two now. I have been homering the crap out of the other levels to advance.

Every couple of hours or so when the video is back I give it another shot, but it isn't happening. This is the same impossible sequence from last Monday. You can't homer your way though that scenario. I lose 6-4 just about every time. LOL

I made it to Babe twice, only to have hit, curve out, hit curve out, hit, curve out. Video reboot, same sequence.

Next time I made it to him, I got to 6-2, bases loaded, no out, then nine straight curves. Video reboot. Nine straight curves. I'm out of gold now. I can say I gave it a valid effort.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

bigvivec said:
    whammo911 said:

AS level 6 here. 
    Hmm. Some are level 3s and some are this ...

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JTTeams said:

Good news!  No TSB players are tired from Black Friday. We weren’t given any real deals to spend on!
    This was long overdue...
  • HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    Did they make it harder to pull players from boxes? I’m 30 boxes in with only one pittty  timer special 5 star player. I know it’s not a crazy amount but I have t been able to even pull a prime player for a while let alone a legend.. ahhh so frustrating lol
    I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    They say they reduced the pitchers to L3, but now I can’t get past rounds I was consistently autoplaying last night. More GLU deception?
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Finally a mix of pitches instead of one pitch. Im happy. : ) On level 7. Catfish is at 10, but doable. Pitches a lot of straight balls. Next two rounds are 3. Lost to nolan on 7, so going back through. 
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Glad it should get easier for you guys this weekend now. This was long overdue. Curious to see what will happen with this Monday, but I’m pessimistic.
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    It’s bugged pitchers got buffed rounds 5 plus 😂😂😂 only glu