I hope this will be only an experiment....

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
I don't like how the scoring is for CVC. I got 1 point for 1 of my rounds?!? I know it's 1 point for a single and so on instead of ten points for a single and so on but I get these players and level them up because I want to see a lot of points. I know your essentially getting the same points just not multiplied. But I want to see big points it's a psychological thing when you play a video game. You don't get the prime, legends and ATG and spend time, resources and a lot of you out there...money to see 1 point for a round... it's insanity.... I hope they scrap this experiment after this week and light fire to it and watch it burn as a bad idea. Because if it becomes the norm I will at the very least quit playing CVC. They would definitely take the fun out of CVC which is one of the modes I enjoy the most in this game!
Prev1

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Why does this matter?  It’s 10X less than normal. If you really care about just Seeing a big number then take your score and multiply it by 10. 
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    edited November 2019
    Why does this matter?  It’s 10X less than normal. If you really care about just Seeing a big number then take your score and multiply it by 10. 
    So instead of 1, you got a 10. Much more impressive. Everyone is on the same scale & scores are all fair & proportionate. You win the match & rewards, or you don't. This scoring modification changes none of that. 
    The real gripe would be if it affected Field Pass tiers & Glu used some level of wisdom and forethought to remove those requirements. 
  • XWizardxXWizardx Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Except it's not just the scoring multiple, it's that combined with difficulty ramp up.

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    XWizardx said:
    Except it's not just the scoring multiple, it's that combined with difficulty ramp up.

Bingo
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    XWizardx said:

Bingo
    do you two not know how to multiply ur score by 10? just add a 0 to the end and thats ur score.
    If it weren't for the difficulty ramp up all things would be equal and there would be no case for anyone to say anything...but all things aren't equal... 
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    there hasn't been any point in time where any man was ever equal
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
    Especially when it concerns with Glu
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    the disparity has always been between the man who had more and the man who valued more
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    So 8 months into a game based entirely on progressing max ratings & you cant score against a 120 rank pitcher. Sympathy meter very low... 
    JCAM80 said:
    So 8 months into a game based entirely on progressing max ratings & you cant score against a 120 rank pitcher. Sympathy meter very low... 

Well said... these are only opinions... I know this is entirely objective...some agree with my opinion some disagree. The ones that disagree I love listening to what they say it brings value and a different perspective on the conversation
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    It didn't get more difficult.  It just looks that way because your scores are 10% of what they used to be.  

Like others have said, it's just meaningless scaling.  
    @Wicked0Wildcats & @ihuffglu - as someone who regular scores 500 to 600 mil I can assure you that its more than a 10x multiplier. As a top 3 club in CVC our current scores are way less than 10X anything. Thanks for the math lesson but I'm comfortable I can manage that piece - this is GLU applying way more than just a reduced multiplier to scoring. Mic drop.
    My opinion is that there is a motive to everything Glu does and it's usually about finding a way to squeeze every last penny out of us. I'm just saying that this SEEMS like there is more to it than an innocent dropping the point multiplier to 1. I could be wrong but why would they want to "experiment" with the scoring unless they are trying to shake us down for some more money.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited November 2019
    XWizardx said:
    @Wicked0Wildcats & @ihuffglu - as someone who regular scores 500 to 600 mil I can assure you that its more than a 10x multiplier. As a top 3 club in CVC our current scores are way less than 10X anything. Thanks for the math lesson but I'm comfortable I can manage that piece - this is GLU applying way more than just a reduced multiplier to scoring. Mic drop.
    Ok, cool.  This was really not a "mic drop" worthy post, particularly a self-announced mic drop.  
    The motive was that most if not all of the top 10 clubs (and probably more) could easily reach cap in any round and CVC was more about creating alliances to exceed the cap and still keep your score. Dropping the multiplier made that way more difficult (and potentially increases gold spend) but the multiplier plus difficulty increase has made reaching cap virtually impossible. I'm confident if it was just a reduction in multiplier most of us could/would still cap out each round. I only need to look at the current rankings to see that top clubs struggled to hit 600,000 with an overnight CVC.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    My opinion is that there is a motive to everything Glu does and it's usually about finding a way to squeeze every last penny out of us. I'm just saying that this SEEMS like there is more to it than an innocent dropping the point multiplier to 1. I could be wrong but why would they want to "experiment" with the scoring unless they are trying to shake us down for some more money.
    You mean like dropping scores that make it more difficult to complete Field Pass milestones???
    You mean like dropping scores that make it more difficult to complete Field Pass milestones???
    Bingo... I am just asking questions... I'm just stating an opinion...if I'm wrong I'm wrong, give me a different perspective. There are some that are saying it's as simple as dropping the multiplier to one... maybe so, seems innocent enough on the surface but if there is no motive why mess with it in the first place? 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    edited November 2019
    I don’t get the issue here. Glu literally said it was an experiment. This is why FP is only club points. Who cares what the number is, we’re all on the same playing field. People need to stop bitching about issues that are meaningless. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    True......scoring could be in carrots for all it really matters, so long as everyone is being scored in carrots 🥕.

I think the wiz is on to something......there is a lot of dancing around the cap and as teams get stronger that would only increase (dancing, not the cap).   This gives more breathing room for the devs and more reason to hit a subscription and spend more.
    bigvivec said:
    True......scoring could be in carrots for all it really matters, so long as everyone is being scored in carrots 🥕.

I think the wiz is on to something......there is a lot of dancing around the cap and as teams get stronger that would only increase (dancing, not the cap).   This gives more breathing room for the devs and more reason to hit a subscription and spend more.
    Exactly...Glu doesn't do something so innocently, it's a disguise for something they are going to hit us with later down the road.
  • rodcarperrodcarper Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    I think it takes away from clubs having a 7 way tie throughout the CVC event which is a good thing it also takes away the cap and the club b helping club thing it’s a good thing 
  • bobby12587bobby12587 Registered Users, Member 26 Posts
    The new CVC sucks. Hope they go back to the old way.
    The new CVC sucks. Hope they go back to the old way.
    Can you tell me why it sucks?  Do you really need a bigger number for your own ego?  Nothing changed but all scores across the board are 1/10 of what they used to be 
    edited December 2019
    I'm off the scoring aspect. I get it. But Glu is up to something with doing all of this. It's not just experimenting with the scoring...it's just to simple...Glu always has something up their sleeve. They are experimenting alright... experimenting a new way to get money out of our wallets were we once were able do with whatever they are experimenting with for virtually nothing or at little cost. All this points rhetoric is a smoke screen get us to focus on that...
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Here come my disagrees. But I personally love it. If it means no more cvc requirements for FP. It costs so much gold at times to hit those killer cvc milestones. If they keep it at 0, I am all for it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Here come my disagrees. But I personally love it. If it means no more cvc requirements for FP. It costs so much gold at times to hit those killer cvc milestones. If they keep it at 0, I am all for it.
    I think the cvc requirements will be back, just 90% lower than what they were 
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    @Toughthundercats...a cvc only field pass for 4.99 that boosts your scores back to normal levels? As ridiculous as it sounds, people would buy it
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I’d settle for box odds that aren’t completely fabricated bullcshit at this point.  

Base XP pulls are hugely understated
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    I’d settle for box odds that aren’t completely fabricated bullcshit at this point.  

Base XP pulls are hugely understated
    Yeah, ever since the cool down came into play I rarely get the lxp from player boxes anymore.  Today of the six 'crowd the plate' boxes I've won from CvC, I got bxp x4 and pxp x2.  No more lxp for me I guess.
    Just no.