Headscratcher

2Next

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Now I'm listening to Jamey Jasta's solo project. Can't wait for Volume 2 to come out.
    If you're into hardcore, have you checked out "knocked loose" or "incendiary?" Not old-school hardcore bands, but they're GOOD! Incendiary has a hardcore mixed with RATM feel, and knocked loose has some good stuff with a song that sampled Slayers "mandatory suicide" that gets my male member erect 😵
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I was priced out last week. I'm just finishing out the year since I've already been fooled. Just making the best out of it at this point.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited December 2019
    The WOH reward Don Baylor is nice, but not enticing enough for me to care- especially for a 7 level tower full of level 5 pitchers.

The boxes are VERY "meh" for me, actually for me personally they're pretty gross.

The players being SOLD for actual dinero have zero appeal to me, if you want my money I'll need better than 470 primes with blah skills at this point. 

The stupid cooldown isn't going away, so I can't even mess around and hop into different clubs to find my own fun.

The tournament box is absolute trash- a burning dumpster full of epidermic needles and cow manure.

I've personally found zero reason to play anything this weekend, but I'm just curious- who's excited and feeling good about this weekend? What are the positives? Give me a different perspective to see if I'm just tripping 🤷🏻‍♂️
    1)Baylor is awesome for almost any diamond team and certainly helps me.
    2)Boxes are so bad that I forgot to do cvc not once, but twice....and counting!
    3)Players being sold are very mediocre and likely only appeal to new teams. I'm surprised, but it's not something I was hanging my hat on anyways.
    4)Cooldown will always be stupid.
    5)tourney boxes are very disappointing. I'd also prefer them to do away with the weekend style tourney boxes.

6)This is where we are going to disagree. Last weekend, I banked a ton of lxp and this weekend, I'm on my way to another huge lxp weekend. Weekend royale, with the current setup, is so ideal for grinders. It's exactly what everyone has been asking for: the opportunity to generate a crazy amount of valuable resources. I've been waiting for the day where I can splurge on legend pitchers and you know what I hated most about the weekend boxes? No legend pitchers! :)

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I was looking forward to the Black Friday deals, willing to spend cash.

Just saw the pop up deal. 25k gold is great, but all those trash event boxes made it easy to click cancel in about 3 seconds. Replace the garbage event boxes with mega LXP boxes and Glu would have got my $100. 

I swear ever since the cool down timer went in effect the specials have been mostly garbage. Feels like at least 70% or more of them include stuff like blue cash, BXP, EVO, pennants, etc. Even PXP I haven't been willing to spend cash on in at least a couple months, probably longer.

I don't know why they don't focus more specials on just gold and LXP. That's all I am willing to spend on unless the event boxes happen to be really fantastic (happens maybe once a month lol).

Another weekend of stocking gold and saving cash. I guess I should be thankful.

This. 💯%
  • TIDDYBARTIDDYBAR Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    DFBB said:
    The WOH reward Don Baylor is nice, but not enticing enough for me to care- especially for a 7 level tower full of level 5 pitchers.

The boxes are VERY "meh" for me, actually for me personally they're pretty gross.

The players being SOLD for actual dinero have zero appeal to me, if you want my money I'll need better than 470 primes with blah skills at this point. 

The stupid cooldown isn't going away, so I can't even mess around and hop into different clubs to find my own fun.

The tournament box is absolute trash- a burning dumpster full of epidermic needles and cow manure.

I've personally found zero reason to play anything this weekend, but I'm just curious- who's excited and feeling good about this weekend? What are the positives? Give me a different perspective to see if I'm just tripping 🤷🏻‍♂️
    1)Baylor is awesome for almost any diamond team and certainly helps me.
    2)Boxes are so bad that I forgot to do cvc not once, but twice....and counting!
    3)Players being sold are very mediocre and likely only appeal to new teams. I'm surprised, but it's not something I was hanging my hat on anyways.
    4)Cooldown will always be stupid.
    5)tourney boxes are very disappointing. I'd also prefer them to do away with the weekend style tourney boxes.

6)This is where we are going to disagree. Last weekend, I banked a ton of lxp and this weekend, I'm on my way to another huge lxp weekend. Weekend royale, with the current setup, is so ideal for grinders. It's exactly what everyone has been asking for: the opportunity to generate a crazy amount of valuable resources. I've been waiting for the day where I can splurge on legend pitchers and you know what I hated most about the weekend boxes? No legend pitchers! :)

What method do you have for grinding lxp if u don't mind sharing
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @TIDDYBAR If you can continuously cycle woh, you will rack up a lot of lxp. Keep in mind, however, that it's much easier in diamond the the lower tiers.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Now I'm listening to Jamey Jasta's solo project. Can't wait for Volume 2 to come out.
    If you're into hardcore, have you checked out "knocked loose" or "incendiary?" Not old-school hardcore bands, but they're GOOD! Incendiary has a hardcore mixed with RATM feel, and knocked loose has some good stuff with a song that sampled Slayers "mandatory suicide" that gets my male member erect 😵

Oh yeah I'm familiar with those bands as well.

How was the show? Wasn't Primus the opener on this tour? I love those frickers as well.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Oh yeah I'm familiar with those bands as well.

How was the show? Wasn't Primus the opener on this tour? I love those frickers as well.

Primus was an opening act, but I wasn't a fan of their performance. It's just a weird fit to open for Slayer, that's more for a Lamb of God type of band. Phil Anselmo playing Pantera material was AMAZING, though, and I definitely left bruised and battered from the first night. I hoped to find a way to steal Gary Holt's guitar, but there was NO WAY 😏. All in all, I got to hit the pit for Pantera stuff- and I got two people away from the railing for Slayer 😬 I also threw up in a trash can and met Chuck Billy from Testament just walking around 👍🏻 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

Ha! You definitely got your money's worth.

My last concert was Black Label Society. Friggin Zack Wylde left the stage, and came to the middle of the floor within a foot from me, and played a five minute solo.....behind his back.....in a friggin kilt......

I was in awe, but luckily my brother did record some on his phone.

Zakk Wylde is a MONSTER! I saw him perform about a 10 minute solo just so Ozzy could run back stage and do whatever the hell that zombie needed to do 😵😂 BLS sounds like a good time! 👍🏻