Royale WOH

124Next

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

LOL. No, Glu isn't getting any more money from me this year.

At this point, I'm honestly more proving a point, which is the fact that this game/company works to price out customers that are a certain level at a certain point of the year. I can't justify spending more real money this year on a mobile app, especially one that rigs it against you, even if you own the best players they are offering.

That's not the kind of company I want to fork over hundreds of dollars to.

If I play 2020, I have a plan to go gold early and try to stay there while minimizing costs.

Dr. Ass, I see you mention money each time you mention going gold.. you don't need to spend money, you just need to save resources. Spending money makes things easier/quicker- but is not a full blown necessity. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts

LOL. No, Glu isn't getting any more money from me this year.

At this point, I'm honestly more proving a point, which is the fact that this game/company works to price out customers that are a certain level at a certain point of the year. I can't justify spending more real money this year on a mobile app, especially one that rigs it against you, even if you own the best players they are offering.

That's not the kind of company I want to fork over hundreds of dollars to.

If I play 2020, I have a plan to go gold early and try to stay there while minimizing costs.

I went gold super early, and got my first  HOF cycle when the Canada Joey Votto was there. Only missed Tatis and Escobar, and I've gotten every other HOF. Only spent 10 dollars, but probably have watched more than 10,000 videos this year
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    To piggyback off @retirepujols a bit, spending money is more about saving time and having 'fun' more than anything else. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

That's my plan, Aaron. Being new, I went wrong in a lot of places this year, and I'll know better next year.

Most recent mistake was saving gold to buy one of those Fan Rewards guys at 50K thinking I could use him to win at WoH. My plan worked for one week, then they changed it all up on top of making it harder.

Now the players I acquired that week while burning through that gold that were 520's are all worthless too. In one weekend I leveled up three new 520s, a 510, and two 500 hitters plus a pitcher (halfway). I dominated WoH the following Monday, and then it all went south. LOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Also, today has been a great day in terms of breaking my WoH addiction.

Just picked it up for the first time today. Normally by this point I would have played a decent bit.

Went one round, got to Ruth again, and got curved out when I got to 6-2, no outs.

Video reboot, nine curves and done.  TY Glu!

Make Monday impossible and I'm good.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Here's the question Dr... What more can you do in Silver?  Why not go GOLD now and gather some intel for next year if that's your plan?  I don't get the hesitation and your constant bitching and whining about what GLU is doing and why you can't beat HOF lately.. Your team of LEGEND is worthless and spending is not your thing...so maybe this game aint for you anymore...
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

• Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    I’m gold and can’t get past the f...ing level 6 and I’m all legend, all capped, this is absolute bullshit, **** glu!! and this **** game!
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts

Also, today has been a great day in terms of breaking my WoH addiction.

Just picked it up for the first time today. Normally by this point I would have played a decent bit.

Went one round, got to Ruth again, and got curved out when I got to 6-2, no outs.

Video reboot, nine curves and done.  TY Glu!

Make Monday impossible and I'm good.

Be like me and make a new account on your ipad to play slugfest
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Looks like back to our regular scheduled programming next week. I wasn't sure how frequent these weekend Royales would pop, but I did what I could to take advantage and stocked up on some very valuable resources. I'm a little burned out, but I'm no longer starved for lxp. Usually, I feel like I can't 'waste' time on Mondays. Now, Hell, I may even look at tomorrow's boxes before the event is over. Also, NOT on #teamblowouts. :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.