Shit just got real

pdazzled006pdazzled006 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
If true and I strongly emphasize the IF TRUE... What are your thoughts on this here boycott

Comments

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    It’s true. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited December 2019
    I was invited and removed from a chat (along with everyone else) focused on the boycott that had devolved into homophobic name calling within 2-3 hours. We will see how this action goes.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Fuckin autocorrect! Duly, not dually. Commenter is right. If someone in charge can fix that, I'd appreciate it. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Suck it troll.......it’s happening.  
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I’m calling my union rep right away!  
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    I agree with the overall sentiment, but this is a game with at least ten thousand active players, probably more, and several clubs might dent their revenue, but we already know that Glu doesn't care enough about us to do changes. Apparently the club cool down is here to stay. The game sucks and I don't think there's alot we can do to change it.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I agree with the overall sentiment, but this is a game with at least ten thousand active players, probably more, and several clubs might dent their revenue, but we already know that Glu doesn't care enough about us to do changes. Apparently the club cool down is here to stay. The game sucks and I don't think there's alot we can do to change it.
    Well we talk about the elite spenders and keeping them happy. What if those elite spenders stop spending?  Those are the ones that have a larger voice than 99% of us 
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I think there’s a huge gap between the elite spenders and the normal spenders.  Glu would definitely take a loss if they stopped spending, but would the loss be enough for Glu to care!?  I feel like they still take in a lot of revenue regardless so damn near half the community would have to drop off before they really felt it in their pockets.  And with the minimal effort they put in sometimes with changes (new players, event updates, skills, game updates), I think they’re happy with what they’re making in profits. It’s usually the same old recycled players and people are still spending money....If that never changes, we’ll always be stuck in the same spot.  
    Well we talk about the elite spenders and keeping them happy. What if those elite spenders stop spending?  Those are the ones that have a larger voice than 99% of us 
    How do we accomplish this? Elite spenders are as addicted to the game as anyone. The elite spenders are always spending and keeping the company fine. I don't see elite players all halting their spending except for sandlot and deadly alliance. But perhaps that's enough clubs to stop Glu. I would love to be proven wrong and to see all the players boycott Glu. I've just seen this attempt happen in the past on games like FIFA, Madden Mobile, MyNBA2K, and it hasn't worked. 
    How do we accomplish this? Elite spenders are as addicted to the game as anyone. The elite spenders are always spending and keeping the company fine. I don't see elite players all halting their spending except for sandlot and deadly alliance. But perhaps that's enough clubs to stop Glu. I would love to be proven wrong and to see all the players boycott Glu. I've just seen this attempt happen in the past on games like FIFA, Madden Mobile, MyNBA2K, and it hasn't worked. 
    Could this work?  Sure!  Will it work?  I have no clue. Either way I’m gonna just do my normal thing which really isn’t enough to make an impact one way or the other. 

I know I’m not buying a player with an RISP skill though. That’s a guarantee 
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    I hope it happens. The game has gone from bad to horrible fast. I hope it gets fixed today or else I will be done.
    Need more Living Legends!
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I've never played another mobile app like this one, but it's concerning that all of those developers have had boycott issues like this one.  Makes you think it's us (players), and not them (Glu). 

I'm completely dissatisfied and have come to the realization that they are making it impossible to be competitive on a shoestring budget.  But maybe that always happens with mobile app games, eventually?  They lure you in, ratchet up the costs, and hope you're too hooked to quit when the game demands more spending?

I'm probably not going to be able to quit this year, but i hope I don't fall into this same trap next year.  Right now, I plan to make another attempt to quit this game in 2020.

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    i Know I’m about to get killed for this, but diamond teams have killed the game. I really doubt they thought so many teams would go straight diamond and not really need to spend. They really don’t have anyway to combat it besides **** with woh, kill club jumping not release good primes or bxp players. So if you don’t go diamond and play a couple d6 cycles a week your gonna think this game is a huge money grab. 
    whammo911 said:
    i Know I’m about to get killed for this, but diamond teams have killed the game. I really doubt they thought so many teams would go straight diamond and not really need to spend. They really don’t have anyway to combat it besides **** with woh, kill club jumping not release good primes or bxp players. So if you don’t go diamond and play a couple d6 cycles a week your gonna think this game is a huge money grab. 
    Diamond teams have not killed the game. The changes made to the game are not because diamond players have "ruined the game." The changes have occurred because Glu thinks they can make more money off stupid players who are addicted to this game.
    whammo911 said:
    I won’t kill you for this take, but will say the Field Pass is a huge thing for Diamond teams. I don’t know if I would ever purchase it if I weren’t diamond tapping lots of games. 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I might join you guys later this week, I know I’ll miss out on woh for a little but I’m just rolling a rock uphill in platinum. And I don’t plan on playing 2020 so I might as well start now.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I've seen multiple attempts at a boycott on the facebook page but usually it amounts to nothing.  Im in the camp of I have to see it to believe it
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Wait!!!!

A boycott???  What a brillant idea, I’m sure it will work!!

Wonder why nobody thought of it before?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Glu just released a 540 lefty legend with double RHP skills to test the boycott 
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    ??
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Whhaaaaas?????
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I'm kidding but that would be epic if they did. Would be almost as good as how they were pushing Bryce Harper when the Nationals dominated the playoffs without him. 
  • crazyindapegcrazyindapeg Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Sorry if I missed the reason why but what is the reason for the boycott?
    edited December 2019
    The increased walk off hero difficulty and the club cool down, I believe. It may also be because of poor specials available too.
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    The increased walk off hero difficulty and the club cool down, I believe. It may also be because of poor specials available too.
    "Poor specials" is an understatement..