Cyber Monday WOH

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    0-4 against Gibson :(

I have played Gibson so often trying to win Royale that the only outs I get on him are the curve outs. Anything straight from Him, Brown, or Ryan, is a hit.

I play this way too much.

Just to be clear, you can hit any pitch that goes across the middle of the plate.The ones on the corners, regardless of pitch type, will be outs at the end of the higher levels.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Gents, if you get to 6-5 with a man on third no outs against Gibson, do everything you can to hit one of the upcoming curve outs to the outfield to tie. If not, you will lose.

This sequence just happened twice in a row to me. The second time I managed to drive the second curve out to deep right, tied it, got to extras and won it there.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    @drsmartassphd after all your months of playing woh you are still trying to read into sequencing? 

Stop wasting your time, the sequence means nothing. One time you were scripted to win and one time you were scripted to lose. There is no skill or strategy to this event besides capping your players.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Well now I know why HOF never interested me. I cannot for the life of me get past Ryan.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @drsmartassphd after all your months of playing woh you are still trying to read into sequencing? 

Stop wasting your time, the sequence means nothing. One time you were scripted to win and one time you were scripted to lose. There is no skill or strategy to this event besides capping your players.
    I think there are some pitches you cannot hit, and a collection of those will end the at-bat in an out, obviously. But it doesn't make logical sense to say some at-bats are guaranteed to end in a hit. In that, there's a certain time range at which you have to tap. Within that range lies certain chances for different hits. Some are overwhelmingly in your favor, but if you were guaranteed to get a hit, any swing would do. 

But yes, there is no sequence that carries any consequence. There are some curveballs you can hit in woh (seems like the first one in early at-bats can be hit). Most  won't result in hits despite being strikes 100 percent of the time. 
  • bobrembobrem Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    Back to having fun again with WOH classic. Went diamond last week with my all blue double stackable skills team. Soon I’ll try HOF.

In my scenario above, it was evident I was scripted to lose twice once I got to 6-5 with a man on third and no out. I was delivered nine curves which should have ended the game had I not managed to hit one to deep OP.

With that, I'm gonna go ahead and make myself believe I outsmarted the damn thing.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Holy sh!t I got my first HOF!! Had to spend some gold to level some skills but we got it done. Gibson was pretty easy, not Nolan was a SOB

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    BROTHER!! @slafrance2
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    You two finally got it done, I like it!!  Drinks on you guys!
    Just no.  
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    @Cooz19 @slafrance2swing hard, swing fast. Congrats fellas!
  • TIDDYBARTIDDYBAR Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    It's the woh charts still accurate as far as lhp and rhp? Or does it change
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Has anyone been consistently beating 6.9 Kevin Brown without using gold to boost? I'm reluctant to spend gold on anything other than 6.10, but after having an 50% winrate this afternoon against brown, I have lost about 10 straight against him.
  • Bighead38Bighead38 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    Has anyone been consistently beating 6.9 Kevin Brown without using gold to boost? I'm reluctant to spend gold on anything other than 6.10, but after having an 50% winrate this afternoon against brown, I have lost about 10 straight against him.
    Played against keven brown a bunch of times with 80 gold boosts and lost every time. The only time I beat him was with the video boost. Gibson I didn’t even get a hit. I’m done, it’s just to frustrating. There’s no way to get lxp except for woh or buying it. I used to be able to beat woh even if it was only once for the day. I haven’t been able to beat woh the last 4-5 events including royals. 

This is my team that I can’t beat it with. I have another 7-8 legends on the bench but no lxp. 
    This weeks fan rewards are full of lxp. If you ad farmed gold you can stock up without spending
    TIDDYBAR said:
    This weeks fan rewards are full of lxp. If you ad farmed gold you can stock up without spending
    I spent all the gold from videos on lxp boxes. 
  • 17takeitback1917takeitback19 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    @Bighead38 sorry for your luck brother but thank you for saving me time.... I'm not even gonna waste my time trying your lineup is slightly better than mine.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Keeper still getting it done... sadly my cycle cap days have been on hiatus for awhile, but good to know I'm still capable.....fyi... skills are only 10/10
    FWIW Baylor beat Gibson with no outs for me, for those that leveled him this weekend.  I wont play a ton today but encouraging sign
    Yea I knew Baylor was gonna be a stud w his double woh skills even tho a 510 max. 
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Bighead....your topline guys are 510 max....so unfortunately your squad is slightly behind the curve at the moment. So unless you've got skills maxed out - you're gonna struggle. Looks like Baines would be your 6.10 finisher at this point....so get his skills topped off. 
    Good luck....and more importantly - time to pull a 540 finisher!!
  • ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Bill Buckner with just video boost...

Staying at GOLD in 2020....

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    This guy got it done with no restarts. Took 700 gold to cycle with unlocks and boosts, but it was worth it for 10K LXP

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts

Slow played most of the day and then went for it... 10 consecutive singles with 2 out lol
    It's all done with mirrors

Fun day today. Went through it a few times. Really challenging but not as much BS. Only got curved out on Gibson one other time. The other losses against him were my frick ups.

• RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Finally beat it ! Updated Ichiro skills to 20/18 and used him for the last 3 guys. Have Kruk at D10 20/20 and he still sees nothing but breaking balls after getting a hit which is supposed to turn on both his hot hitter skills. I don't think it does. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    @drsmartassphd

quick update.  Went Gold a month ago with nearly no resources.  I finally beat HOF today. 

You should do the same 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    0-4 against Gibson :(

I have played Gibson so often trying to win Royale that the only outs I get on him are the curve outs. Anything straight from Him, Brown, or Ryan, is a hit.

I play this way too much.

One cycle today I closed out Gibson with the last two hits coming off curves, 3 total in that round.   Don’t give up on Gibby just cause you see a curve coming.  
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Bizerto said:
    Everyone stop saying how effin easy it is. Then they’re going to go back to level 5 pitchers and you will all be bitching and moaning! 🤦🏻‍♂️
    ...easier certainly than the 7 level tower from both Royale weekends. My thinking is this is where it sits for a while. Having ATG's at the end will auto-boost them as maxes increase. 540 legend pitchers will supplant the current crop of 520's etc.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Garbage software all around