Six hour cooldown is now live! edit: loyalty boxes are now at 75/day

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited December 2019 in General TSB Discussion
Thoughts? 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I feel like this is an ok compromise that still accomplishes the main reasons Glu wanted a cool down in the first place.  Obviously not perfect but helps give players options on how they want to play
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    step in the right direction, but f*ck the cool down
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Definetly an improvement!!!!   Think cool down is a good idea but 12 hours is too much. 

Who knows, maybe the boycott got their attention!

Thanks GLU!!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Here's my theory on the cool down situation:

Glu knows a cool down is very unpopular. Whether on Reddit, in the game, or on the forums, almost everyone hates the cooldown. But Glu wants it to make more money off Evo sales, as clubs can be exploited for the purpose of gaining unlimited Evo, essentially. So Glu implements the 12 hour cooldown. The thing is, Glu probably knew that this wasn't going to fly. So after a long time of backlash from the community, Glu lowered the time to six hours.

Now, if Glu had originally made the cooldown timer six hours, the reaction of the community would probably have been identical or nearly so. So Glu, knowing this, uses psychology against you. A six hour cooldown after a twelve hour cooldown doesn't sound so bad. But a six hour cooldown after no cooldown would have given them the same backlash that we saw from the original countdown.

Glu probably never intended for the twelve hour cooldown to be forever. However, in this situation, they probably want their customers to become complacent and say, "Well a six hour cooldown isn't as bad as a twelve hour cooldown." The game will go on and there won't be as much complaining.

But in reality little has changed. Evo hopping is still impossible. Assuming you want to stay in one club during an event, you will be able to Evo hunt one time in between each event, creating a shortage of Evo for players, and subsequently driving up Evo sales.

Here's my advice: don't get complacent. Fight as if the twelve hour cooldown is still there, because, in reality, a six hour cooldown does very little to help. Evo hopping will still be nearly impossible, and that aspect of the game will be ruined forever.

it just outlines their true intention of the cool down, which was to eliminate evo hunting and making it a resource worth $ again. bunch of horse doo doo from this evo starved gold player. once i run out, i'm quitting this game
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    whynot said:
    Definetly an improvement!!!!   Think cool down is a good idea but 12 hours is too much. 

Who knows, maybe the boycott got their attention!

Thanks GLU!!
    It's been in the discussion for awhile...
    Here's my theory on the cool down situation:

Glu knows a cool down is very unpopular. Whether on Reddit, in the game, or on the forums, almost everyone hates the cooldown. But Glu wants it to make more money off Evo sales, as clubs can be exploited for the purpose of gaining unlimited Evo, essentially. So Glu implements the 12 hour cooldown. The thing is, Glu probably knew that this wasn't going to fly. So after a long time of backlash from the community, Glu lowered the time to six hours.

Now, if Glu had originally made the cooldown timer six hours, the reaction of the community would probably have been identical or nearly so. So Glu, knowing this, uses psychology against you. A six hour cooldown after a twelve hour cooldown doesn't sound so bad. But a six hour cooldown after no cooldown would have given them the same backlash that we saw from the original countdown.

Glu probably never intended for the twelve hour cooldown to be forever. However, in this situation, they probably want their customers to become complacent and say, "Well a six hour cooldown isn't as bad as a twelve hour cooldown." The game will go on and there won't be as much complaining.

But in reality little has changed. Evo hopping is still impossible. Assuming you want to stay in one club during an event, you will be able to Evo hunt one time in between each event, creating a shortage of Evo for players, and subsequently driving up Evo sales.

Here's my advice: don't get complacent. Fight as if the twelve hour cooldown is still there, because, in reality, a six hour cooldown does very little to help. Evo hopping will still be nearly impossible, and that aspect of the game will be ruined forever.

I'd agree with most of that. Question is, how do you plan to fight? What is anyone doing to 'fight' it? 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    What are loyalty boxes?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

What are loyalty boxes?
    A great way to get cash. It's particularly beneficial for diamond players because we need the cash for tourneys, which gives us bonus games.  
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    DFBB said:
    What are loyalty boxes?
    A great way to get cash. It's particularly beneficial for diamond players because we need the cash for tourneys, which gives us bonus games.  
    So the loyalty box is what you get when you win a tournament?

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    No.  The boxes you get from spending your club loyalty points from helmet, ball, and glove donations are loyalty boxes.  
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Still too long, IMO. It should be three hours.
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Should be zero hours. But this is better than nothing. I won't be back in '20 if there is any sort of CDT.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Should be zero hours. But this is better than nothing. I won't be back in '20 if there is any sort of CDT.
    I hate to be the one to tell you, but CDT runs from March 2020 until November 2020. So the game will probably launch under CDT. You could either move out of the central time zone or you're gonna have to quit.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    19k gloves for 20 EVO.  Sunny Beaches. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    6 hours too long 😏
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    The cool down still BLOWS for east coast players.. still have to stay up until midnight to collect and leave.. but it is what it is. MURICA
  • TIDDYBARTIDDYBAR Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Stay gold... You won't need so much evo. I've got like 2k evo sitting there. Skills all upgraded in on all my players
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    TIDDYBAR said:
    Stay gold... You won't need so much evo. I've got like 2k evo sitting there. Skills all upgraded in on all my players
    For nothing other than sheer curiosity, I’d love to see your current roster 
    TIDDYBAR said:
    I can go through 2k easily. It depends on how high you upgrade your skills... which is key to beating woh consistently. Going 20/20 requires, 5+5+10+10+20+20+50+50+80+80=330 per player. Plus the standard evo upgrade from bronze to silver and silver to gold. Since my skills are already so high and I lack the ability to get evo due to the cool down, my balance is really low. My main issue is that they changed the game mid season for their own corporate purposes, not giving a crap about how their user base was operating under a certain set of assumptions for 8 months. Classic bait and switch tactics
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    TIDDYBAR said:
    What? Sitting on 24k evo in diamond.