Options

Stan Musial...

baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
Does anyone else have an issue with this guy? He is 520 and I have him capped with each of his skills at 14 (vs Righty and Blowout) yet he can’t get past Kevin Brown at 6.9 on WOH!! Seriously? I’m at Gold Level and I am 0 for 5 against him with an 80 gold boost each time. Maybe my pitchers didn’t get the memo they are supposed to be level 3. So frustrating!
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    louisawesomelouisawesome Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    Having the same issue at gold with Musial. Except I have his skills 17/16.  He’s gotten better as the day has gone by, but he was absolutely getting crushed by brown 
  • Options
    Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Stan has been my closer and been better for me than 520 Reggie Smith.
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
     It may not help, but I used my Mike Piazza for 6.9 because I did not have a good enough lefty bat. 

• Options
    UncleB238UncleB238 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    I used Eddie Matthews at diamond 9 with skills at 13/13 and got by Brown easily twice. Gibson was the tough one. With Eddie Matthews, I got by Gibson easily the first time, but got stuck the second time.
  • Options
    ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    This guy will do the job... Dropped most of my gold from the double gold weekend and capped his skills...

Staying at GOLD in 2020....

• Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    For me, Reggie beats Brown consistently and Musial beats Gibson consistently. Reggies skills are at 13 and Stans skills are at 14.
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    That’s hysterical a disagree. Why did someone disagree?
  • Options
    aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    snowy24 said:
    For me, Reggie beats Brown consistently and Musial beats Gibson consistently. Reggies skills are at 13 and Stans skills are at 14.
    Are you gold?
  • Options
    baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    snowy24 said:
    Could be a matchup issue. After going 0-6 against Brown with Musial I paid gold to restart the level and beat him. Then my one shot at Gibson with 80 gold boost I beat him. Small sample size but lines up with what you are saying.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Does anyone else have an issue with this guy? He is 520 and I have him capped with each of his skills at 14 (vs Righty and Blowout) yet he can’t get past Kevin Brown at 6.9 on WOH!! Seriously? I’m at Gold Level and I am 0 for 5 against him with an 80 gold boost each time. Maybe my pitchers didn’t get the memo they are supposed to be level 3. So frustrating!
    Blame brown not Musial.  
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I went 10/16 with Stan against Gibson today, d10 both skills at 20 and using the 80g boost. I feel like he should do better than that. Pennants at 75, as if that matters 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    TIDDYBARTIDDYBAR Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I went 10/16 with Stan against Gibson today, d10 both skills at 20 and using the 80g boost. I feel like he should do better than that. Pennants at 75, as if that matters 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Do pennants not matter? 
  • Options
    TIDDYBAR said:
    Do pennants not matter? 
    They're season mode pennants, unknown if they do anything/anything else.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited December 2019
    bigvivec said:
    Blame brown not Musial.  

I am officially off the blowouts train. It's too inconsistent. When pitchers were boosted to 5 last week I was using AVS (20/20) at 6.10 and couldn't come close. I also started seeing issues at 3.7 sim'ing, 4.7 and 5.7 as well. I know, single active skill but 20/20 so...

He should have crushed 6.10 but couldn't often get it done at 6.8 either. Once I switched to Cooper, also 20/20, on Thursday I cycled 8/8. I refused to use AVS this past weekend in level 7 and opted instead to use both Cooper and Mathews multiple rounds. I had cycled 5 times before the pitcher reduction to 3 but was still seeing garbage results from AVS up to level 6 even after the nerf.

My last cycle last night AVS was 1/7 at, you guessed it, 3.7 nearly causing me to have a stroke. He was however lights out at 6.8 with 80g so at least there is that but blowouts are a CvC skill and solely that at this point. The fact that we've been inundated with left-hand bats w/BO last few weeks should be enough to tell us that this is not the bat you need to finish HoF. Hopefully this changes.
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    The other negative is I’m sure the next big lefty will continue with the blowout skill vs right, so after investing in skills for boog, vanslyke, and Musial, instead of sliding them down one and making things easier they become early rounders/c vs c players
  • Options
    EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Stan did well for me last night.  I am still in the blowout camp.  I only use him when the scenario starts as a blowout.  I used him for 6.9 and 6.10.  I don't have any other leftys as strong as him.  I am gold and I have his skills at 16/16.   I only used gold boost on 6.10 (80g).  I did not lose 6.9 at all.  I was about 40% on 6.10, which at gold was about at my expectation level.  I only did 5 cycles.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Its useless now, dont trust it now. Too unreliable.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    bigvivec said:
    Blame brown not Musial.  

I am officially off the blowouts train. It's too inconsistent. When pitchers were boosted to 5 last week I was using AVS (20/20) at 6.10 and couldn't come close. I also started seeing issues at 3.7 sim'ing, 4.7 and 5.7 as well. I know, single active skill but 20/20 so...

He should have crushed 6.10 but couldn't often get it done at 6.8 either. Once I switched to Cooper, also 20/20, on Thursday I cycled 8/8. I refused to use AVS this past weekend in level 7 and opted instead to use both Cooper and Mathews multiple rounds. I had cycled 5 times before the pitcher reduction to 3 but was still seeing garbage results from AVS up to level 6 even after the nerf.

My last cycle last night AVS was 1/7 at, you guessed it, 3.7 nearly causing me to have a stroke. He was however lights out at 6.8 with 80g so at least there is that but blowouts are a CvC skill and solely that at this point. The fact that we've been inundated with left-hand bats w/BO last few weeks should be enough to tell us that this is not the bat you need to finish HoF. Hopefully this changes.
    For me some players are “better” than others.  AVS sucks for me, whereas Stan performs better.  Everyone knows Holiday Ted from last year was cheat code.....

Anyhoo.....at least give him a chance and use him where both skills are active.  ;)
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I used ATG Ted Williams on 6.10 late last night and he cruised through with zero outs despite just the Blowout being active.
  • Options
    bigvivec said:
    bigvivec said:
    Blame brown not Musial.  

For me some players are “better” than others.  AVS sucks for me, whereas Stan performs better.  Everyone knows Holiday Ted from last year was cheat code.....

Anyhoo.....at least give him a chance and use him where both skills are active.  ;)
    Something is up with AVS. I closed with Cey at 13/13 all weekend to cycle cap Baylor. Sunday he was 10/10 with zero restarts.
  • Options
    bigvivec said:
    bigvivec said:
    Blame brown not Musial.  

Something is up with AVS. I closed with Cey at 13/13 all weekend to cycle cap Baylor. Sunday he was 10/10 with zero restarts.

I used ATG Ted Williams on 6.10 late last night and he cruised through with zero outs despite just the Blowout being active.
    Everyone loves Eddie Matthews....he’s a special one.  That Morgan 520 everyone hates for WOH is a dud.  I pulled AVS completely from the WOH lineup Sunday and was better off for it.  Most players are just vanilla for me and I don’t have a feeling about them one way or the other.   Some I do and if it’s negative I just eat it, pull the player and move on.  AVS won’t get WOH anymore for me.  
  • Options
    Stan and Morgan are duds, I pulled them both from my WOH line up. No consistency. Both are 20 20 and are getting out performed by 450s guys at 20/20. Tells you something is not right.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Disagree
  • Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    snowy24 said:
    Are you gold?
    Yes
  • Options
    Hard to say that, if your only doing a few cycles then your sample size is small. When you need to do 10 or 15+, you can really see the impact. Those two players are getting out performed by 450 Scocia and 490 Edmounds. Its not even close to comparison. Blowout seems to have been tampered with or fixed is what Im thinking. I have about 5 legends all with blowout skills I could use and I cant use them. Just my 2. cents.

@bigvivec you the disagree troll brotha? lmao
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Nah........the troll hides like a little b**tch.   I put my face on it.  
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I have Matthews for Brown and Musial for Gibson.

My only outs come via curve outs. Those two guys crush them.

Last night I screwed up once with Musial vs Gibson. Got a straight pitch with the bases loaded, down 6-5 and pulled it for a damn triple play. That was all on me. Other than that, if it is a straight pitch, Musial kills it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    edited December 2019
    dkarski87 said:
    Stan and Morgan are duds, I pulled them both from my WOH line up. No consistency. Both are 20 20 and are getting out performed by 450s guys at 20/20. Tells you something is not right.
    Stan is still a man, just not THE man that he was when first released.. pretty sheisty, but I never seem to grab the lefty legend with double late or rhp skills 😏 I don't even know where people get those mfers tbh. Who did you use to close out yesterday?

Edit: I had a 62.5% success rate with Stan on 6.10 yesterday- using the 80 boost each time. He should be much more successful with an 80 boost.. Red at 6.9 was 100% with a video boost 😒
  • Options
    FWIW I lost with Mathews once at 6.9 yesterday. Very disappoint.
  • Options
    FWIW I lost with Mathews once at 6.9 yesterday. Very disappoint.
    Very disappoint, indeed.