Cyber Monday WOH

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    They will still win lower rounds of WoH at S10?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    They will still win lower rounds of WoH at S10?
    You can win low rounds at B1 if you really want to
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I've been using b2 Ted for .1 on the first 4 levels of HOF just to rake in bonus points.. I even beat 5.1 a few times, a b2 Ted> d3 pitcher 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

Good to know.

If I do it, I'll bump these guys:

520 Players:

Darrell Porter C (Double RISP Skill - I have yet to lose any WoH round with him below 6.7, solid against lefties and righties)

Eddie Matthews (RHP and Runners On)

Stan Musial (4Run/RHP)

Allan Trammel (4Run/Runners On) - He's good against lefties and righties.

510 Cecil Cooper (Double RHP Skill). I have Cecil's skills at 17 each and he is a damn beast. Dude is a HR machine and I also use him sometimes to close out Levels.

Maybe either Jose Cruze (RHP/Runners On) or Jim Rice (Double RISP like Porter...he's a beast against both lefties and righties).

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited December 2019

Good to know.

If I do it, I'll bump these guys:

520 Players:

Darrell Porter C (Double RISP Skill - I have yet to lose any WoH round with him below 6.7, solid against lefties and righties)

Eddie Matthews (RHP and Runners On)

Stan Musial (4Run/RHP)

Allan Trammel (4Run/Runners On) - He's good against lefties and righties.

510 Cecil Cooper (Double RHP Skill). I have Cecil's skills at 17 each and he is a damn beast. Dude is a HR machine and I also use him sometimes to close out Levels.

Maybe either Jose Cruze (RHP/Runners On) or Jim Rice (Double RISP like Porter...he's a beast against both lefties and righties).

If I were you I'd cap Cooper (6.10), Mathews (6.9) and Cruz (6.8) for sure, and then Porter (6.7, 5.10, 4.10). Trammel would work for 4.10 and 5.10 too but not ideal for 6.7

If you can cap 5 then Trammel could in theory take care of 6.8, Cruz drops to 6.7 and Porter to 6.6

I also got the SS yesterday as well, but he would be LHP focused, thus Trammel may be the better option now.

Trammel DESTROYS 4.10 and 5.10 now in Silver. I have been perfect in those levels since I got him.

In fact, I pulled Trammel and Cooper the same day. They were offered in the same box. Got both of them in three pulls. LOL

Really think I should ignore Musial? Dude is a beast for me and I got his skills at like 18/17

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    @fuckingeverybody

the good Doctor is going gold!!!

Really think I should ignore Musial? Dude is a beast for me and I got his skills at like 18/17
    Again… Work backwards from 6.10… Designate a guy for each and every level

Use the chart… Pick a guy… Level him
    edited December 2019
    Even though I like my 520 Smith (Late innings and Blowout), good old vsRHP, late innings and WoH skills have my complete trust, whereas Blowout doesn't seem to work as consistently in WoH since they upped the pitchers level. Smith handles 6.8 just fine for me, but I was more comfortable using 510 Baylor against Gibson yesterday, even though he's a righty.
    I would err on the side of caution if I were you and bring Cooper instead of Musial to close vs Gibson. Some guys still use 490 Edmonds at 6.10 over a 520 with blowouts as results are more consistent with Edmonds. And Cooper will be better and give you more flexibility for levels 5 and lower, as is the case with Mathews and Cruz.
    edited December 2019
    1994EXPOS said:
    Even though I like my 520 Smith (Late innings and Blowout), good old vsRHP, late innings and WoH skills have my complete trust, whereas Blowout doesn't seem to work as consistently in WoH since they upped the pitchers level. Smith handles 6.8 just fine for me, but I was more comfortable using 510 Baylor against Gibson yesterday, even though he's a righty.
    I would err on the side of caution if I were you and bring Cooper instead of Musial to close vs Gibson. Some guys still use 490 Edmonds at 6.10 over a 520 with blowouts as results are more consistent with Edmonds. And Cooper will be better and give you more flexibility for levels 5 and lower, as is the case with Mathews and Cruz.
    This, and rhp/late innings work from 6.10 down to 1.1 as the team improves. Once a blowout guy is out of 6.8-10, he falls off drastically.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    PLEASE DO IT!!!  So I can stop reading about it 😂😂
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    Shit, I did Musial. Also, something on that chart is wrong as it was about 10K more per guy than what I calculated.

• WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    I still believe in blowout. Ted Williams is a beast in WOH, wins 95% plus without even video boosting. 
    Also loving Dwight Evans (vs lefty and blowout) for Babe. 
    If blowout turned off/on I'm pretty sure my record in extra innings wouldn't be perfect with these players. 
    All I know is if Musial gets to extras, he wins.

I want to see your new roster doc
    I still believe in blowout. Ted Williams is a beast in WOH, wins 95% plus without even video boosting. 
    Also loving Dwight Evans (vs lefty and blowout) for Babe. 
    If blowout turned off/on I'm pretty sure my record in extra innings wouldn't be perfect with these players. 
    I'm not sure anymore that it's only a debate about whether skills activate/deactivate or not during WoH, it seems a little more complicated than that. @criffy has an intersting theory on that subject.
    Anyway, when pitchers where still D5 on Friday during Royale WoH, Reggie Smith was literally 0 for 8 against Orel at 5.10, even with 80 gold boosts. I didn't miss hittable pitches either, Reggie just had no shot at beating 5.10.
    Then on Saturday, after they lowered pitchers level to 3, Smith became unbeatable for 5 cycles at 5.10, 6.10 and 7.10. But in my last 5 cycles results became a lot more spotty, more like 70% success rate at 6.10 and 60% at 7.10. By comparison, Baylor was 12 for 12 yesterday against Gibson after a fluke loss on first try, making more than one out only twice. Never really had that level of sustained performance with Smith during Royale.

I took 14 guys total to at least G1.

Of the 14, I Capped out:

Darell Porter 520 Catcher

Eddie Matthews 520 3B

Stan Musial 520 OF

Alan Trammel 520 SS

Cecil Cooper 510 !b

Jose Cruz 510 OF

• Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts

Of the 14, I Capped out:

Eddie Matthews 520 3B

Stan Musial 520 OF

Alan Trammel 520 SS

Cecil Cooper 510 !b

Jose Cruz 510 OF

Nice dude. You should have no problem cycling. You have Stan as your closer and Matthews, Cooper and Cruz for rounds 7-9.
    Hope not. I specifically built this team for WoH.

Of the 14, I Capped out:

Eddie Matthews 520 3B

Stan Musial 520 OF

Alan Trammel 520 SS

Cecil Cooper 510 !b

Jose Cruz 510 OF

Nice dude. You should have no problem cycling. You have Stan as your closer and Matthews, Cooper and Cruz for rounds 7-9.
    Its going to reduce traffic on this site by about 57%...…...
    YES! YES! THE DOCTOR IS GOLD! THE DOCTOR IS 🤬ING GOOOOOOLLLLDDD!!! GET IT, DR ASS! GET THAT SHIIIIIIITTTTT!!!!

That's an oddly aggressive reaction old man.  Lets tone it down.  This is place for adults and polite discussion.  Good decorum is appreciated.

Thank You

The Management

Reduce traffic?

I can find something else to bitch about. That won't be a problem.

I hope tomorrow is a Royale Tower again. That will be a great test. So far that's what it shows.

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Don't forget to level up all of your hitting upgrades.
    Just no.  
    Don't forget to level up all of your hitting upgrades.

TY. Just did it.

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    He only does that in Silver 😢
    Don't kill my buzz man. LOL.

• scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I can not wait to se how the doc does tomorrow in woh
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    DFBB said:
    0-4 against Gibson :(

I have played Gibson so often trying to win Royale that the only outs I get on him are the curve outs. Anything straight from Him, Brown, or Ryan, is a hit.

I play this way too much.

Just to be clear, you can hit any pitch that goes across the middle of the plate.The ones on the corners, regardless of pitch type, will be outs at the end of the higher levels.
    I have slight disagreement with this. When you get a starting sequence of one of those unhittable strikes on corner at times the next pitch is right down the middle but is also unhittable followed by another corner "strike". My point is, once the sequence starts with an unhittable strike the at-bat is as good as over in later rounds. I have never gotten a hit off the mid-sequence down the middle strike personally. I don't think it's possible.