Feedback and advice on what to focus on for my team

MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
All feedback is welcomed. I got a late start on this years game. I leveled up to platinum not knowing that I should of stayed silver/gold. All constructive feedback is welcomed. It’s pretty much impossible for me to beat WOH by the way. I just want to know what I should be focused on. Thanks for the tips guys. 

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    IMO stay in Plat and stack resources.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Your situation is a hot mess. No other way to put it. If it were me, I'd go diamond, scrape by all the bxp I can, level some pitchers and just cycle as much as possible for gold/evo. It won't be fun, but after awhile, you may be able to get back on your feet. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I feel so much better after seeing this. Thanks.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    To be brutally honest, I would restart entirely. I can’t sugar coat this one. You will continually be behind the 8 ball if you keep at it. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Looks like you spend resources on guys, even if you can only take them into silver. That would be the first thing to stop doing imo. You have a 360 goodrum from last week at p10 who is outclassing legend Joe Carter right below him 😵 platinum and diamond is about making calculated risks- meaning you have to pass up on the vast majority of new toys you get if they don't improve your team. Even then, it's cap or go home imo. What are the resources you're working with? I see you're extremely low on cash and gold, but how does your xp stock look?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Yeah I didn’t understand the finer points of the game. I will post again when my team is up to your guys standards. Until then... keep tapping 
    Marcuh said:
    Yeah I didn’t understand the finer points of the game. I will post again when my team is up to your guys standards. Until then... keep tapping 
    I think a lot of us started out similarly to you. It was through learning the game wherein we got better. 
    I have about 200,000 PxP. Should I put all/most of that Into capping out Posey? Or should I spread it around my team? 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    post your post your entire team again, including resources.  Set lineup as optimal so we can see it as a full picture 
    Marcuh said:
    I have about 200,000 PxP. Should I put all/most of that Into capping out Posey? Or should I spread it around my team? 
    IMO it is always better to focus on one guy at a time rather than spreading resources out, but I wouldn't focus on Posey. I would prefer a switch hitter or lefty if possible, BUT in your case having two guys at p5-p8 may actually be better than one guy at p10 (especially if they're prime bats as you would hope to replace them with legends as soon as the option is available). How has woh been for you all year, and how has it been since you jumped to plat? I can't imagine you're cycling HOF terribly easy, but setting yourself up to cycle classic may be in the cards fairly soon. That could be a great way to atleast build some capped bxp bats as you save pxp/lxp for better players 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
     my most talented prime bat imo is Kolten Wong. I have like 7 legends that are batters but it’s too hard for me to get LXP. So I’m just focusing on Jackie now and maybe Bagwell?The reason why I was leveling posey is because I’m a giants fan and he’s one of my favorite current players. I’m going to get another 30,000 pxp and 12.5k LXP from my field pass milestone. And hopefully I win my season mode tonight and get that. I have a few other primes on my bench that we’re just bonus players. I usually trade in the bonus players after the event.

edited December 2019
    A silver 6 Wong doesn't help a platinum team 😭 I would focus on building your team up without worrying about bonus players and bonus points- that'll come as it comes. Otherwise you're throwing away resources on guys you'll use for a day or two that could instead be used to build the foundation of your team. 
    edited December 2019
    I’m  saying he’s probably my best prime hitter because he has a max of 470 and has good skills. I have enough resources to get close to capping him out. I know where he is at right now doesn’t help my team at all lol. 
    Someone mentioned above...but you need to stop leveling people incrementally 

I did the exact same thing when I started...and i count it as the biggest mistakes I made 

hoard resources, so that when you do land a game changing player...you can fully level him on the spot.  That means you need to know the exact amount of BXP/PXP/LXP and Gold you will need.

Wong is a nice guy to have if you’re team is focused on WOH. Other than that, he’s essentially useless. Given the glimpse into your roster, I’d say that’s not your game at all. You’d be best to dump him. Devote resources to 1 player at a time until fully capped. Otherwise you end up with a roster of rentals. 
    Someone mentioned above...but you need to stop leveling people incrementally 

I did the exact same thing when I started...and i count it as the biggest mistakes I made 

hoard resources, so that when you do land a game changing player...you can fully level him on the spot.  That means you need to know the exact amount of BXP/PXP/LXP and Gold you will need.

I know I get that. I just level my bonus players a little bit so they can score points for me and I can collect my field pass milestones rewards. Which is totally worth it. My prime player with the most potential is Wong with a max of 470 and he’s a lefty plus his skills are for WOH and 7th inning or later which are good skills imo. At least the walk off is 
    edited December 2019
    Wong would help your team for WOH, but I don't believe your team is close to ready for WOH at the moment. However, if leveling Wong would help you forget about Jackie (sorry, bud- he's very expensive compared to other legends and you're playing catch up here) then he could be worth the investment. If Posey is your guy for personal reasons, then level his behind too! As it stands, you're 257,250 pxp away from capping Wong at p10 (180k with weekday fieldpass 30% discount) and 127,500 pxp away from capping Posey (89,250 with weekday fp). If you take Wong to p4 like Posey, that would be 129,750 pxp (90,825 with the 30%). I almost always recommend one guy capped> 2 guys half-arsed but if you can get Posey and Wong to p5 and start focusing on gathering BXP to fill in other spots (maybe to replace Merrifield, and Jackie can bump Pence as the DH for now) you would atleast be headed in the right direction. 

Edit: I would also recommend ignoring your pitching until your bats are in better shape. You have Gallen at p10, and he should do well enough for you in season mode as you build your squad up. 
    edited December 2019
    Okay I’m going to do just that. Who do you recommend I spend my legend XP on? I have 40,000 of it. I’ve already have used loads on Jackie.  
    Honestly, I’m not sure I would.  

I would keep stockpiling it.  You don’t have newrly enough to level a guy to a level where he makes a significant difference.  And by the time you get THAT GUY there...newer players have been released that likely have obsoleted that guy.

i might actually recommend you take a couple 370 BXP guys to max just to pump up the overall team.

being able to cycle Classic and All-Star on Monday’s can still be a big boost of reaources. And every once in a while you land the Legend player as well.

I would save it for now, honestly. Hoard it until you can cap a guy, and depending on how long that takes it may be best used on someone not yet released. A 370 bxp guy at p10 would be at around 284-294 overall, which would outclass every prime and legend you currently have that isn't capped, and would be great upgrades over guys like Merrifield/Pence/Carter. Since bxp is much easier to obtain, I would seriously try to gather as much bxp as I could to cap 370 guys while hoarding pxp and lxp until I could cap someone that would be a "game changer" if that makes sense. 
    Out of these legends which one/ones should I focus on leveling up. I was focusing on Jackie but was told that’s not worth the cost. I have 100,000 LXP at the moment