Stan Musial...

2Next

Comments

• Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    Does anyone else have an issue with this guy? He is 520 and I have him capped with each of his skills at 14 (vs Righty and Blowout) yet he can’t get past Kevin Brown at 6.9 on WOH!! Seriously? I’m at Gold Level and I am 0 for 5 against him with an 80 gold boost each time. Maybe my pitchers didn’t get the memo they are supposed to be level 3. So frustrating!
    The problem with Musial in WOH is that one of his skills is Blowout. Once you become within 3 runs, that skill drops off. You’re better of using a player where both skills are always active during WOH. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Count me as off the blowout train being reliable for WOH as well.  When you manually enough times whether it be WOH or CVC you can feel when a batter is double boosted.  When I get within three runs I immediately feel nerfed with the blowout skill.  Doesnt mean its not winnable but you just need to hope for enough pitches to single them to death because the power is zapped.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    i went 12/18 with boog yesterday. blowout works, but i'm in the camp that it's not as reliable as always on skills. i know someone also at gold went 10/12 against gibson with the reverse platoon and a lower rated don baylor. makes you think...
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Why does it have to be a guessing game?  Why can't glu give a list of all of the skills and list when they are truly active.  A little bit of transparency would go a long way.  When something is supposed to be on (leadoff) but performs like it is off, feels like you are being ripped off.  We invest in these skills, we should know what they really do.  Does blowout stay active?  We should really know.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    The problem is that they haven't released a top of the curve legend with 2 always on skills since Mike Scioscia so we haven't been able to compare. I have a theory on skills but can't really test it without the right players on my roster and wasting a ton of resources to test it out, which doesn't seem prudent for a game built on efficiently gaining resources
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    FWIW I lost with Mathews once at 6.9 yesterday. Very disappoint.
    Very disappoint, indeed. 
    I was nothing but appoint with Mathews yesterday. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I don't ever feel a nerf when I get within 3 runs, it's just a tough go the whole way through. Also, whenever Stan takes it to extra innings (where blowout should no doubt be inactive) he has yet to lose. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I guess I just need to sneak into the next VIP council and fake my way through for a custom Legend 😂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I have yet to lose with Musial in extras. If I don't get curved out by Gibson, I'm beating his ass with Musial. Anything straight is a hard hit.

If we tie, which happened twice yesterday, I always started extras with the curve out, then ended it within 2-3 pitches. Usually hit, hr, or hit, hit, double.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Stan and Morgan are duds, I pulled them both from my WOH line up. No consistency. Both are 20 20 and are getting out performed by 450s guys at 20/20. Tells you something is not right.
    Stan is still a man, just not THE man that he was when first released.. pretty sheisty, but I never seem to grab the lefty legend with double late or rhp skills 😏 I don't even know where people get those mfers tbh. Who did you use to close out yesterday?

Edit: I had a 62.5% success rate with Stan on 6.10 yesterday- using the 80 boost each time. He should be much more successful with an 80 boost.. Red at 6.9 was 100% with a video boost 😒
    Hmmmm maybe I'll level up my Red Shoedentist then and hope to not be disappoint.  Did you say you used him on 6.10 a few times?  Thought I saw that, but I could be mistaken.
    Just no.  
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Hmmmm maybe I'll level up my Red Shoedentist then and hope to not be disappoint.  Did you say you used him on 6.10 a few times?  Thought I saw that, but I could be mistaken.
    Just once, but he breezed through! I'll be playing around with different matchups tomorrow for science. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Just once, but he breezed through! I'll be playing around with different matchups tomorrow for science. 
    Nice!  Please let me know how it goes.  I need to level up a lefty because Kruk just isn't the same anymore.  Got it done once yesterday for me, which is really all I ask for.  Tried again and went like 0-8 on the second go around.  Tried all-star after and couldn't even beat it.  It wanted me to use gold boosts, and I said nah.  He's had a great two month ride as my number 1.
    Just no.  
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Kruk has been kukked, unfortunately. I have him now hitting rounds 1-4.  He still sims those nicely. I just can't let him go after all the joy he brought me.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service