One of these things is not like the other...

cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
In the last 3-4 months I’ve witnessed more threads closing, and comment alteration by moderators, than ever.  If we’re gonna follow rules, please stick to them yourselves. If you’re a moderator and have something to say, post it where it belongs. There is a “bulletin board” specifically for moderators and administration.  

FYI- my lash out is in direct correlation with the amount of comments from myself that have been edited or deleted as of late. Moderators, get your shīt together. Make a specific guideline of rules that you all follow, and do that. 

Prev13

Comments

• TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    It's an internet forum filled with balding middle aged men living in their parents' basement spending their entire disability checks on this game. I wouldn't get too stressed. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    It's an internet forum filled with balding middle aged men living in their parents' basement spending their entire disability checks on this game. I wouldn't get too stressed. 
    Why does everyone use the parents' basement line? I'm from California where basements are an earthquake hazard.. my parents' attic is the spot, ok?!
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Luckily for me I don’t have a basement so the kid can’t stay around too long. Also I’m not middle aged but my hair is starting to go downhill so that’s a low blow. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I have a full head of hair and my basement is way nicer than my parents...just sayin'
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

We don't have basements in hurricane country. I live on high ground.

I'm also not balding, built like a greek god, and have a 40+ yo wife that's built like she's 30.

Have I mentioned my yacht for my private island here before?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    An explanation from the moderators whenever they close down or delete something would be very helpful. It's very unhelpful when they close something down and don't tell us; we're likely to do it again. It would also give us a chance to stand up for ourselves.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    An explanation from the moderators whenever they close down or delete something would be very helpful. It's very unhelpful when they close something down and don't tell us; we're likely to do it again. It would also give us a chance to stand up for ourselves.
    @dfbb is typically good about a post before he closes a thread. I’m good with what is happening most of the time.  I’m good with closing any thread unrelated to baseball or the app honestly. 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Bigpredfan said: 
    @dfbb is typically good about a post before he closes a thread. I’m good with what is happening most of the time.  I’m good with closing any thread unrelated to baseball or the app honestly. 
    I wish I could agree with you.  But it’s a community forum. I have issues with moderators editing words that myself and other members have written. It’s wrong at the most basic level of writing. 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    So much whining and complaining here about a game that has no end other than take your money. Good god.
    So much whining and complaining here about a game that has no end other than take your money. Good god.
    "Look at me; I spend a Thursday night making fun of people who are having a conversation about censorship. I'm so much fun at parties."
    You're pretty funny.  Someone who thinks an explanation is due for a forum of people playing a mobile baseball game.  All the best champ.
    edited December 2019
    Bigpredfan said: 
    I wish I could agree with you.  But it’s a community forum. I have issues with moderators editing words that myself and other members have written. It’s wrong at the most basic level of writing. 
    I don’t believe I’ve ever had a post of mine edited by someone other than me. Maybe don’t write posts that should be edited and you won’t have this problem?  Maybe?  
    I like the deletions.  It was a lose-lose situation.
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    What’s going on I was just trying to figure out who the original rebel was?  Now I can’t figure out what’s going on.  I think I need to get myself some Canadian Club.  
    What’s going on I was just trying to figure out who the original rebel was?  Now I can’t figure out what’s going on.  I think I need to get myself some Canadian Club.  
    The original rebel was Lucifer, followed by Adam and Eve. 
    I like the deletions.  It was a lose-lose situation.
    Perfect example of what OP is talking about. Deleting comments that directly violate the rules (personal attacks, foul language, etc.) rather than editing content that does not directly violate the posted rules. I neither agree nor disagree with either approach, but I can understand why some may feel a certain type of way seeing "words put in to their mouth."
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited December 2019
    I don’t believe I’ve ever had a post of mine edited by someone other than me. Maybe if you didn't write posts that should be edited you wouldn't have this problem. Maybe?  
    I edit for a living. Believe me, there are plenty of posts in here that can be edited. The question is whether it SHOULD be, not whether it CAN be. 

(p.s. I removed the question mark in your statement sentence in your quoted post above and added the appropriate period. I also applied the same conditional tense throughout the sentence.)
    Adam and Eaton* was before Lucifer, I thought? 
    Nope, Lucifer rebelled prior to man's rebellion. 
    Cooz19 said:
    I don’t believe I’ve ever had a post of mine edited by someone other than me. Maybe if you didn't write posts that should be edited you wouldn't have this problem. Maybe?  
    I edit for a living. Believe me, there are plenty of posts in here that can be edited. The question is whether it SHOULD be, not whether it CAN be. 

(p.s. I removed the question mark in your statement sentence in your quoted post above and added the appropriate period. I also applied the same conditional tense throughout the sentence.)
    Lol. The way I was saying it in my head is where I was phrasing it like a question. I appreciate your thoroughness though. 

This sounds like something I would do. Someone says they haven’t had their post edited and then someone edits it. It’s almost perfect. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited December 2019
    I much prefer to take a less is more approach when it comes to the forums. Unfortunately, a small minority has taken it upon themselves to keep me busy.
    If you make personal attacks, it will be deleted without explanation. There's zero tolerance for that(I've already deleted several posts in this very thread).
    As far as profanity, I understand the frustration with recent changes with the game and in general. As such, I will edit words out so that the message can still be delivered. It's either that or delete the thread/comment entirely. That is the extent of my 'editing.' Sometimes, I may make a bad call, but I'm usually rather deliberate about deleting things. 
    Topics not related to TSB can be fun and I certainly find them refreshing. However, adult content is NOT allowed. Even if I find it humorous(which I do most of the time), this isn't the forum for it. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited December 2019
    Nope, Lucifer rebelled prior to man's rebellion. 
    Bingo. It’s why he was there for Eve

BTW, what was Adam so preoccupied with that the only woman in the world was talking to a serpent?  I mean seriously. She is, possibly only by default, the most beautiful woman in the world and he is gonna lose her to a serpent 
    Well, I think we all learned something today... :smiley:
    DFBB said:
    Unfortunately, a small minority has taken it upon themselves to keep me busy.
    Sorry 😒 just trying to motivate you to tap faster and beat your own records by keeping you busy outside of the game 🤤 less time=more efficient?
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I much prefer to take a less is more approach when it comes to the forums. Unfortunately, a small minority has taken it upon themselves to keep me busy.
    If you make personal attacks, it will be deleted without explanation. There's zero tolerance for that(I've already deleted several posts in this very thread).
    As far as profanity, I understand the frustration with recent changes with the game and in general. As such, I will edit words out so that the message can still be delivered. It's either that or delete the thread/comment entirely. That is the extent of my 'editing.' Sometimes, I may make a bad call, but I'm usually rather deliberate about deleting things. 
    Topics not related to TSB can be fun and I certainly find them refreshing. However, adult content is NOT allowed. Even if I find it humorous(which I do most of the time), this isn't the forum for it. 

For clarity here @dfbb

are the dangers of male grooming considered “adult content?”
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    DFBB said:

I, for one, appreciate the response, @DFBB

For the sake of bridging the gap, could we get some clarification on profanity? I think we're at the point where "ass" and "bitch" are mainstream enough to see them as modern slang. They're also critical in terms of lower-strength words of insults against our digital adversaries ("i want to ram the fat end of a bat up Gibson's ass" or "I just ran a train on Fergie's bitch-ass").

I get why limitations might want to be imposed on "****" and "shit" ("Cock. Balls."), and their verb and adjective usages ("holy fuckin shit, this bxp bullshit needs to fuckin stop right **** now.") sort of come with the territory of a game based on frustration and long hill climbs to success. The forums of such games can serve as a sounding board to either justify those feelings of resentment or to learn new ways to express that frustration. 

Just my $0.02. 
    I'm not sure if a point was being made but refreshing my browser led to a lot of new content.  Did I miss something?
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I'm not sure if a point was being made but refreshing my browser led to a lot of new content.  Did I miss something?

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    DFBB said:

I, for one, appreciate the response, @DFBB

For the sake of bridging the gap, could we get some clarification on profanity? I think we're at the point where "ass" and "bitch" are mainstream enough to see them as modern slang. They're also critical in terms of lower-strength words of insults against our digital adversaries ("i want to ram the fat end of a bat up Gibson's ass" or "I just ran a train on Fergie's bitch-ass").

I get why limitations might want to be imposed on "****" and "shit" ("Cock. Balls."), and their verb and adjective usages ("holy fuckin shit, this bxp bullshit needs to fuckin stop right **** now.") sort of come with the territory of a game based on frustration and long hill climbs to success. The forums of such games can serve as a sounding board to either justify those feelings of resentment or to learn new ways to express that frustration. 

Just my $0.02. 
    I agree with you. Context usually is the deciding factor for me. A good example is your post. You have several questionable words, but context is fine. That's my interpretation until I'm told otherwise.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
This discussion has been closed.