The Forum World Series! - Sign up deadline Wednesday 12/11, 3pm eastern

criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
edited December 2019 in General TSB Discussion
Given the monotony of being back on the regular schedule (prime event weekends? ugh) and the extra time some of us may have off during the holiday season, I wanted to see if people have an interest in putting a bracket together for the forums March Madness style.

The idea is to have 2 tournaments, broken out by Gold and Diamond teams with a best of 7 series determining who the best player is. I don't think there are enough Silver or Platinum players to have their own bracket but anyone with that level team is welcome to play up a level (i.e. Silver teams can play in Gold Bracket and Platinum teams can play in Diamond Bracket). Seeding to be determined by team strength (honor system when you sign up). You would have 2 days to play a best of 7 series before moving on to the next round (or not).

The catch? You must manually play the games, so that skill is actually involved (honor system here folks). There are no actual prizes except pride (I'm not Glu, after all), but would be a fun way to implement a little bit of variety into the sometimes monotonous ways of playing this game. If there's interest, I'll start up a google excel sheet to sign up.

Thoughts?

Edit:
Here's the link to the sign up sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZhNz8PLyVky1UPxJcbRHJMMx-UIpTH4OowwPxqmGVbk/edit?usp=sharing

Edit #2: Rules:

These are guidelines - you and your opponent can decide upon rules yourself. If you have any doubt or disagreements, revert to the guidelines or ask me to try to help resolve any issues. If you have the line app, it may be easier to communicate through than the private message function on the forums - feel free to add me (line id: mastacriff) and I will set up a chat for all the participants for tracking the fun (updates, smack talk, screenshots, etc.)
  1. Should be a best of 5 - first to 3 wins moves on. Best of 7 will take too long - but feel free to change / negotiate this with your opponent
  2. Try to determine a time in advance with your opponent to set aside an hour or two (or a couple of one hour sessions). I think if you manually play, you can probably get a game in within 15-20 minutes if you're both ready and waiting.
  3. Before you start a game, make sure your opponent has their lineup ready - confirm with them that they are ready to start. The higher seed will start the first game through 'Start a Game' > Nickname Search' highlighted somewhere in this thread. After the first game, you will alternate who starts the game.
  4. You can line up whichever pitcher you want to against your opponent. Note that if you start your SP1, you will face your opponent's SP1 automatically - this is Glu functionality. This goes down the line - for example, if you start your SP3, you will face your opponent's SP3, etc.
  5. No pre-game boosts allowed - the game allows you to do a video or gold boost but this is strictly prohibited.
  6. Manual play only unless you both agree upon simulation rules.
  7. No enabling handicap, unless you both agree to it. This would only make sense to enable if you're playing games across tiers (i.e. platinum vs. diamond or silver vs. gold), but both parties need to agree to it
  8. Unlimited use of resources allowed (primarily energy drinks, ice wraps but I don't think they let you ice wrap in a nickname search game so you need to line up your rotation by cycling through bonus games)
  9. Winner of each match to report results to the Google Sheet set up for this (I will set up an easy reporting system) or you can report to me (through the line app chat or PM on the forums)
I'm sure I'm missing an angle or two but feel free to comment if you think I'm missing important.
Prev134567

Comments

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Im in..

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Count me in! (Gold team) 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    In!  
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    edited December 2019
    I’m in (platinum team)
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited December 2019
    @matt_sackett @cooldowncanadacubs @RookieTapper @Marcuh
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    When is this gonna start...looks like I need to increase some skills after seeing the TS of the first two participants. 😳
    let's cap sign ups middle of next week 12/11. we'll start next weekend 12/13
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I'm in. Also, I'd like to recommend a fantasy football league next year for the TSB Forum guys. I think that would be something fun. I'd be down for a 10-14 man league with an entry fee.

Another topic for another day.

Oh, my team is Gold, BTW. Don't know if anyone knew that.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

If this isn’t the last line of all your posts from now on it’s a missed opportunity 
    I’m silver but I’ll dance with any of you punks. 
    Please enable handicap and put in scrub pitcher for me to feast off of
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    I might play. I'd have to reinstall the game though; that's a pretty big downside.
    I’m silver but I’ll dance with any of you punks. 
    Please enable handicap and put in scrub pitcher for me to feast off of
    no mercy... or is it merci for you canadians
    No, the proper greeting for the Canuks is "vas t'en fair encouler"

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

If this isn’t the last line of all your posts from now on it’s a missed opportunity 

It is now my new sig line.

Mange la marde tabaroutte
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    *Vas t'faire enculer
    *Mange d'la marde tabarnack

FTFY

Tabaroutte? You mean, tabarouette?

For some reason that makes me think of Shooter McGavin. "I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast".

"Wait, you eat pieces of shit for breakfast?"

Tabaroutte? You mean, tabarouette?

For some reason that makes me think of Shooter McGavin. "I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast".

"Wait, you eat pieces of shit for breakfast?"

“How about I just go eat some hay. Down by the bay. What do you say? I just may.”

@1994Expos:

It has been 20 years since I had to take French in college. I was thrilled to even be that close.

Appreciate the correction.

Know any Cajun French? My peeps hail from Nova Scotia (aka The Motherland)

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Ace every game or require at least 3 different starters ? Declare starter in advance so lineups can be tailored to l/r matchup ?
    edited December 2019
    Higher seed starts the 1st head 2 head, alternate every game thereafter. No limitations on ice wrapping your ace 
    COWPILEY said:
    Ace every game or require at least 3 different starters ? Declare starter in advance so lineups can be tailored to l/r matchup ?
    Holy hell this is already too complicated for me.

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited December 2019
    I may not always have the most time to manually play games, so I would like to see some sort of lead or deficit total where it becomes okay to sim. For example, if I'm down six runs it's okay to start simming. What do you guys think?

Edit: I guess I can just make that determination with the person I face before the match starts.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    1994EXPOS said:
    *Vas t'faire enculer

FTFY
    Tabarnack.  That takes me back to when I used to play the EA NHL franchise online on xbox.  Those French Canadians love that word... too bad they weren't very good at the game.
    Just no.  
    If we are a platinum team with a team strength let’s say closer to “Gold”. Can we sign up for Gold? My TS is 105,000 soon to go up since I have 250k PxP and a bunch of legend xp. But I will just get crushed by a Diamond team. I signed up for diamond BTW. It’s just for fun anyways. Either way I’m in. Potato potato
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    With my best lineup in place I have a 105k strength silver team. I have a feeling I would get crushed...it does sound like a fun idea though
    If we get enough silver teams to put an 8 person bracket together we can set it up. I just don't know how many of you silver guys are out there
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Alright, I'll play. This genuinely sounds like alot of fun. Haven't played TSB in two months, but I think I'll enjoy this.
    1994EXPOS said:
    *Vas t'faire enculer

FTFY
    I was driving and writing it...I am fully bilingual in both languages. I often use the term tabarouette, instead of tabarnack...it adds a little zazz into the French curse word
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Great concept! I don't think I belong (151k gold team) but it'll be fun to read the results.