One of these things is not like the other...

Comments

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Topics not related to TSB can be fun and I certainly find them refreshing. However, adult content is NOT allowed. Even if I find it humorous(which I do most of the time), this isn't the forum for it. 

Where do we land with @drsmartassphd teaching us how to effectively shave our baseballs? Allowed orrr 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Topics not related to TSB can be fun and I certainly find them refreshing. However, adult content is NOT allowed. Even if I find it humorous(which I do most of the time), this isn't the forum for it. 

Where do we land with @drsmartassphd teaching us how to effectively shave our baseballs? Allowed orrr 🤷🏻‍♂️
    It was closed by an admin. As a result, I deleted/closed similar threads.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

In that case, Doc slide into my dms so I can get myself a supermodel wife like yours. 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    ShoveItUpYoenis2 said: the 
    DFBB said:

FWIW, I shaved the bean bag in hopes of putting lipstick on a pig.  Upper portion trimmed. I’ve been doing 16-18 hour days for 2 months strong. A little goes a long way
  • ChiiChii Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    The original rebel was Lucifer, followed by Adam and Eve. 
    Adam and Eaton* was before Lucifer, I thought? 
    He rebelled 1st.
    ShoveItUpYoenis2 said: the 
    DFBB said:

FWIW, I shaved the bean bag in hopes of putting lipstick on a pig.  Upper portion trimmed. I’ve been doing 16-18 hour days for 2 months strong. A little goes a long way

Do you also shave the shaft for optimal trampoline effect? Aka the Sammy Sosa

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    It's an internet forum filled with balding middle aged men living in their parents' basement spending their entire disability checks on this game. I wouldn't get too stressed. 
    Why does everyone use the parents' basement line? I'm from California where basements are an earthquake hazard.. my parents' attic is the spot, ok?!
    Because it is a f**king vividly too close to be not true characterization of the winners on here.........kudos to the one handed matador who penned that!
    edited December 2019
    Cooz19 said:
    DFBB said:
    I much prefer to take a less is more approach when it comes to the forums. Unfortunately, a small minority has taken it upon themselves to keep me busy.
    If you make personal attacks, it will be deleted without explanation. There's zero tolerance for that(I've already deleted several posts in this very thread).
    As far as profanity, I understand the frustration with recent changes with the game and in general. As such, I will edit words out so that the message can still be delivered. It's either that or delete the thread/comment entirely. That is the extent of my 'editing.' Sometimes, I may make a bad call, but I'm usually rather deliberate about deleting things. 

I, for one, appreciate the response, @DFBB

For the sake of bridging the gap, could we get some clarification on profanity? I think we're at the point where "ass" and "bitch" are mainstream enough to see them as modern slang. They're also critical in terms of lower-strength words of insults against our digital adversaries ("i want to ram the fat end of a bat up Gibson's ass" or "I just ran a train on Fergie's bitch-ass").

I get why limitations might want to be imposed on "****" and "shit" ("Cock. Balls."), and their verb and adjective usages ("holy fuckin shit, this bxp bullshit needs to fuckin stop right **** now.") sort of come with the territory of a game based on frustration and long hill climbs to success. The forums of such games can serve as a sounding board to either justify those feelings of resentment or to learn new ways to express that frustration. 

Just my $0.02. 
    I don’t know what kind of squalor you find yourself surrounded by, but thank god we have not reached the point where ass and bitch are not profane.  Try either in a professional setting.....not going to fly.  Kids read this page;  moderators are here for those like you who have a personalized view of the world to keep this ship on course and free us of the straight up nastiness it could quickly devolve to (reference any of a number of LINE chats).  Anyone who claims that they don’t know the limits AND who has at least two peas rattling around. between their ears will QUICKLY find out what is and what is not permissible while testing boundaries like a 3 year old.  What is profane?!?!  Give me a break and grow up;  if you seriously can’t sort it, guess what?!?  That’s what moderators are literally there for!!!!!!

Profanity is the refuge of the intellectually limited......command a stronger control over language and points can be made without resorting to base instinct.  
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    DFBB said:

For the record, I didn't start the thread. I just added quality content.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

In that case, Doc slide into my dms so I can get myself a supermodel wife like yours. 

Ready for some more great news?

She even makes more money than I do, and I'm no slouch.

Yes indeed.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Without getting into the nuances of how adults should present themselves publicly in the language they use what seems to be forgotten here is that this site is the private property of a publicly traded company, which means the admins and moderators HAVE to most likely act in the interest of that entity's brand. Now if the collective 'you' were making posts about Glu's manipulative bait-and-switch practices or the like and there was a directive for moderators to remove any such belly-aching you could have an issue worth drawing more attention to but doing it via the same platform you have no influence over in the first place is a special kind of entitled ignorance that is often too well represented here these days.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    I don’t know what kind of squalor you find yourself surrounded by, but thank god we have not reached the point where ass and bitch are not profane.  Try either in a professional setting.....not going to fly.  Kids read this page;  moderators are here for those like you who have a personalized view of the world to keep this ship on course and free us of the straight up nastiness it could quickly devolve to (reference any of a number of LINE chats).  Anyone who claims that they don’t know the limits AND who has at least two peas rattling around. between their ears will QUICKLY find out what is and what is not permissible while testing boundaries like a 3 year old.  What is profane?!?!  Give me a break and grow up;  if you seriously can’t sort it, guess what?!?  That’s what moderators are literally there for!!!!!!

Profanity is the refuge of the intellectually limited......command a stronger control over language and points can be made without resorting to base instinct.  
    I disagree, bro. there are some studies out there that suggest people who curse actually have a broader vocabulary, and may be happier and less stressful in life. We don't allow ourselves to be so restricted that we don't even feel comfortable using every word available to us. That doesn't mean I run around and call people a c**t or use racial slurs, but if my ass itches then my ass itches. I would be quite surprised to find that there are any minors participating in this here forum, but if there are they can definitely watch just about any program on tv and hear the word "bitch." However, the posted rules do state no profanity; so there's that 🙃
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Ok so, as a person who is frequently edited or removed here I just want to say, I appreciate @dfbb and the "role" he took on, personally Id have declined and ran away with my parts (so as to not to upset either gender) tucked between my legs, I find the forums as a place to blow off steam from time to time, do I have a foul mouth/fingers god damned f**** right I do. am I offensive, shit yes I am, does my opinion matter more than anyone else's, Jesus Hank Christ no, its words on a page guys, are you the names people call you? probably not, if you are does it matter? no.. people come here to vent, that's how people deal with the stupid bullshit of this game, Newbies come in here and react all omg its just a game...blah eat shit I say. we play we pay let us vent. I'm sure this will get edited for content..do I care? no. But I will say I have laughed harder at some of these posts/stories than just about anything, in a year that needs to end, Sooner than later, Let shit be. Enjoy it.. we have some funny motherf**** in here, 99.987645398% its comedy gold.

-edit- sorry for cussing ...if it upsets your delicate feelings?

try going here
    www.disney.com

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Ok so, as a person who is frequently edited or removed here I just want to say, I appreciate @dfbb and the "role" he took on, personally Id have declined and ran away with my parts (so as to not to upset either gender) tucked between my legs, I find the forums as a place to blow off steam from time to time, do I have a foul mouth/fingers god damned f**** right I do. am I offensive, shit yes I am, does my opinion matter more than anyone else's, Jesus Hank Christ no, its words on a page guys, are you the names people call you? probably not, if you are does it matter? no.. people come here to vent, that's how people deal with the stupid bullshit of this game, Newbies come in here and react all omg its just a game...blah eat shit I say. we play we pay let us vent. I'm sure this will get edited for content..do I care? no. But I will say I have laughed harder at some of these posts/stories than just about anything, in a year that needs to end, Sooner than later, Let shit be. Enjoy it.. we have some funny motherf**** in here, 99.987645398% its comedy gold.

-edit- sorry for cussing ...if it upsets your delicate feelings?

try going here
    www.disney.com

I made an edit with a couple of your words. Keep in mind that everyone has a different sense of humor and it isn't always about hurt feelings, but rather, being respectful to everyone. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I get that...I didn't call anyone out except people with both sets of parts..
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    DFBB said:
    I much prefer to take a less is more approach when it comes to the forums. Unfortunately, a small minority has taken it upon themselves to keep me busy.
    If you make personal attacks, it will be deleted without explanation. There's zero tolerance for that(I've already deleted several posts in this very thread).
    As far as profanity, I understand the frustration with recent changes with the game and in general. As such, I will edit words out so that the message can still be delivered. It's either that or delete the thread/comment entirely. That is the extent of my 'editing.' Sometimes, I may make a bad call, but I'm usually rather deliberate about deleting things. 

I, for one, appreciate the response, @DFBB

For the sake of bridging the gap, could we get some clarification on profanity? I think we're at the point where "ass" and "bitch" are mainstream enough to see them as modern slang. They're also critical in terms of lower-strength words of insults against our digital adversaries ("i want to ram the fat end of a bat up Gibson's ass" or "I just ran a train on Fergie's bitch-ass").

I get why limitations might want to be imposed on "****" and "shit" ("Cock. Balls."), and their verb and adjective usages ("holy fuckin shit, this bxp bullshit needs to fuckin stop right **** now.") sort of come with the territory of a game based on frustration and long hill climbs to success. The forums of such games can serve as a sounding board to either justify those feelings of resentment or to learn new ways to express that frustration. 

Just my $0.02. 
    Interesting topic...but with there being a kabillion and one words in the English language I feel one can express their frustrations and get their point across effectively without using profanity. When you use profanity there is no creativity in word selection, sarcasm and or cynicism. Furthermore using profanity takes away from your point because all that person is focusing on is you cussing, cussing at them or at the issue and point is lost. It doesn't enhance your point it just makes you sound uneducated....no ingenuity. Here is a Proverb to chew on " Even fools are thought to be wise when they keep silent; with their mouths shut they seem intelligent." Some people in this forum need to remember this before they post some of the content that they do. Especially some of the crap I've come across lately. As far as editors are concerned when has profanity and obscene content become an acceptable form of 'slang'? I feel editors should be held to a higher standard of creativity then to be bringing themselves  down to and accepting such watered down, unimaginative, and uncreative language. Isn't that the very point of writing? To be creative, inspiring and imaginative? To accept and use profanity and obscene content is simply lazy. Writing is premeditated.
    @Toughthundercats, I disagreed with you on that one. Take cursing out of the outdated social stigma, and it becomes a part of our regular vocabulary. Secondly, we live in a modern world wherein the silent ones get ignored and simply follow the herd.- nothing lost, nothing gained. I do not follow this path. 
    @Toughthundercats, I disagreed with you on that one. Take cursing out of the outdated social stigma, and it becomes a part of our regular vocabulary. Secondly, we live in a modern world wherein the silent ones get ignored and simply follow the herd.- nothing lost, nothing gained. I do not follow this path. 
    I guess the path of sounding unintelligent or the path of intelligence by using wit with your words to get your point across without sounding ignorant... I chose the later path. If that means that I'm the silent one, well at least I'm not the loud mouth cussing person who is making a complete fool of themselves, go on and blaze your path there buddy while there be people or at least me laughing at you.
    I guess it just depends upon whether or not people are worried about others laughing at them. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I guess it just depends upon whether or not people are worried about others laughing at them. 
    I laugh at myself. 
    I laugh at myself. 
    I laugh at you too, buddy 😬 only when you make a funny, that is. 
    @retirepujols that is a very good point.
    I guess the path of sounding unintelligent or the path of intelligence by using wit with your words to get your point across without sounding ignorant... I chose the later path. If that means that I'm the silent one, well at least I'm not the loud mouth cussing person who is making a complete fool of themselves, go on and blaze your path there buddy while there be people or at least me laughing at you.
    I approached your response with an open mind. You chose to dwell on the cursing/unintelligent path. I deal with a shit storm of degrees of intellect in a day, ranging from billionaires to labourers. I do not require your block headed input, buddy
    Alter schwede, dieser thread läuft aus der bahn! Ausreißerzug!
    @cooldowncanadacubs I the same as well. Just want to clarify something never said you were unintelligent. I have never met you probably never will. You are probably a very intelligent person. Just saying cursing makes very intelligent people sound not so much. Although I do like the fact you called me a block head😂...that was pretty original and out of no where... didn't expect to be called that🤣
    bigvivec said:

I disagree, bro. there are some studies out there that suggest people who curse actually have a broader vocabulary, and may be happier and less stressful in life. We don't allow ourselves to be so restricted that we don't even feel comfortable using every word available to us. That doesn't mean I run around and call people a c**t or use racial slurs, but if my ass itches then my ass itches. I would be quite surprised to find that there are any minors participating in this here forum, but if there are they can definitely watch just about any program on tv and hear the word "bitch." However, the posted rules do state no profanity; so there's that 🙃
    Maybe .01%.  Most people who feel the need to resort to vulgarity to express themselves are limited in vocabulary and thinking.  
    @bigvivec I agree with you 100%
    @cooldowncanadacubs I the same as well. Just want to clarify something never said you were unintelligent. I have never met you probably never will. You are probably a very intelligent person. Just saying cursing makes very intelligent people sound not so much. Although I do like the fact you called me a block head😂...that was pretty original and out of no where... didn't expect to be called that🤣
    Then it’s settled...you can call me numbnuts, I’ll call you blockhead. No harm done. 

Side note-

@retirepujols, I copied and pasted what you wrote in German... this is what google showed me...
    @cooldowncanadacubs sounds like a deal🤣
    edited December 2019
    I feel like a lot of that has to do with the old tyme stigma of these "taboo words." It's a self (or societal) imposed limit on your vocabulary, even if it's just a handful of words. There are so many different contexts these words can be used for, and there are so many different situations in which they are useful. These words fly from my mouth without hesitation, and that's mainly out of habit. I'm sure I could personally scale back, but meh. I try to watch myself around children and people that I know don't appreciate it. They still slip, but if I'm talking to @Bigpredfan I at least TRY to limit/alter my way if talking. Problem is, that's not me. I have to remove that small portion of myself for that person's comfort, which is fine, but also a big strange. To each their own 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: although I believe the vast majority of folks visiting this forum are middle aged men, I still agree we should probably try to keep clean in this sort of setting.
This discussion has been closed.