The Forum World Series! - Sign up deadline Wednesday 12/11, 3pm eastern

Comments

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @Cooz19 all are welcome. It's about having fun
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    criffy said:
    @Cooz19 all are welcome. It's about having fun
    Eh, what the hell...I'm in. I have a pitcher who might win a game now. 
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    I've going to get absolutely trucked.
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    you sound like my perfect matchup. Again though, scrub pitcher and enable handicap 
    you sound like my perfect matchup. Again though, scrub pitcher and enable handicap 
    Bruh I don't even know who you is
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    criffy said:
    Given the monotony of being back on the regular schedule (prime event weekends? ugh) and the extra time some of us may have off during the holiday season, I wanted to see if people have an interest in putting a bracket together for the forums March Madness style.

The idea is to have 2 tournaments, broken out by Gold and Diamond teams with a best of 7 series determining who the best player is. I don't think there are enough Silver or Platinum players to have their own bracket but anyone with that level team is welcome to play up a level (i.e. Silver teams can play in Gold Bracket and Platinum teams can play in Diamond Bracket). Seeding to be determined by team strength (honor system when you sign up). You would have 2 days to play a best of 7 series before moving on to the next round (or not).

The catch? You must manually play the games, so that skill is actually involved (honor system here folks). There are no actual prizes except pride (I'm not Glu, after all), but would be a fun way to implement a little bit of variety into the sometimes monotonous ways of playing this game. If there's interest, I'll start up a google excel sheet to sign up.

Thoughts?

Edit:
    Here's the link to the sign up sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZhNz8PLyVky1UPxJcbRHJMMx-UIpTH4OowwPxqmGVbk/edit?usp=sharing
    I signed up, but not sure how it works because I don’t see where one can choose their Match Me opponent. Do you have a way to choose or set up specific Match Me opponents?
    edited December 2019
    @Horse42 after sign ups are complete, deadline is Wednesday, I'll create a bracket, assigning opponents. I'll also post rules, but they are meant to be guidelines. You and your opponent can negotiate rules but if you can't agree, defer back to the rules or ask for clarity. 

We will start on Friday, 12/13, giving you 2 days to play your first match (12/13-14). Next match period if you move on would be the next 3 day period (12/15-17), and so on. 

Brackets will be posted on 12/12.

Edit: you can have the ability to start a match with them from the start a game page. See below on nickname search. 

criffy said:
    @Horse42 after sign ups are complete, deadline is Wednesday, I'll create a bracket, assigning opponents. I'll also post rules, but they are meant to be guidelines. You and your opponent can negotiate rules but if you can't agree, defer back to the rules or ask for clarity. 

We will start on Friday, 12/13, giving you 2 days to play your first match (12/13-14). Next match period if you move on would be the next 3 day period (12/15-17), and so on. 

Edit: you can have the ability to start a match with them from the start a game page. See below on nickname search. 

Since I haven't played the game in months and don't have a high strength even though I'm platinum, drop me down to the gold tier, please. I don't deserve to get massacred by a diamond team.
    edited December 2019
    @BlackFang4 @Marcuh on your bracket request let's see how sign ups turn out before making a final call on that. The problem with putting platinum teams against gold teams is that team strength is deceiving for one on one matchups, so much ts is related to skills but if a gold capped overall 300 batter goes against a platinum pitcher who is overall 370, the 370 is almost always going to win the matchup even if the skills aren't nearly as high as the gold batter. But let me see how the brackets look and make the call when I create the brackets
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    criffy said:

Wow, I never saw that before or knew it existed. Thanks. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I’m in if we can get enuf Silver squads...
    Ok, have had some time over the weekend to mull over some ground rules, and also test out the manual play. Will also post these guidelines in the original post of this thread down the road and edit as we think of other things to take into account.

As I mentioned previously, these are guidelines - you and your opponent can decide upon rules yourself. If you have any doubt or disagreements, revert to the guidelines or ask me to try to help resolve any issues. If you have the line app, it may be easier to communicate through than the private message function on the forums - feel free to add me (line id: mastacriff) and I will set up a chat for all the participants for tracking the fun (updates, smack talk, screenshots, etc.)
    1. Should be a best of 5, best of 7 will take too long - but feel free to change negotiate this with your opponent
    2. Try to determine a time in advance with your opponent to set aside an hour or two (or a couple of one hour sessions). I think if you manually play, you can probably get a game in within 15-20 minutes if you're both ready and waiting.
    3. Before you start a game, make sure your opponent has their lineup ready. The higher seed will start the first game through 'Start a Game' > Nickname Search' highlighted somewhere in this thread. After the first game, you will alternate who starts the game.
    4. You can line up whichever pitcher you want to against your opponent. Note that if you start your SP1, you will face your opponent's SP1 automatically - this is Glu functionality. This goes down the line - for example, if you start your SP3, you will face your opponent's SP3, etc.
    5. No pre-game boosts allowed - the game allows you to do a video or gold boost but this is strictly prohibited.
    6. Manual play only unless you agree upon both simulation rules.
    7. No enabling handicap, unless you both agree to it. This would only make sense to enable if you're playing games across tiers (i.e. platinum vs. diamond or silver vs. gold), but both parties need to agree to it
    8. Unlimited use of resources allowed (primarily energy drinks, ice wraps but I don't think they let you ice wrap in a nickname search game so you need to line up your rotation by cycling through bonus games)
    9. Winner of each match to report results to the Google Sheet set up for this (I will set up an easy reporting system) or you can report to me (through the line app chat or PM on the forums)
    I'm sure I'm missing an angle or two but feel free to comment if you think I'm missing important.

Still awaiting sign ups for setting up the bracket. Looks like the gold bracket is going to be fun - lots of evenly matched teams. Diamond bracket so far looks a little all over the place but they're probably grinding away at tapping the actual game so haven't seen a huge turnout on sign ups thus far.
    Can we open a silver division?
    Sure, just add the columns to the sign up sheet 

Hopefully we can draw @mythicaldragon to come back for the event and throw down
    Sure hopefully we can get @mythicaldragon to come back and throw down
    Thanks for opening up the Silver group. I think there’s a few of us in here 
    @BigBibbins333 @fahhq2
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Marcuh said:

Tabaroutte? You mean, tabarouette?

For some reason that makes me think of Shooter McGavin. "I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast".

"Wait, you eat pieces of shit for breakfast?"

“How about I just go eat some hay. Down by the bay. What do you say? I just may.”
    Cough*gay*cough
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    I can dig it. I'm in.
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Sorry guys I had to remove my team this time.  My work schedule is so unpredictable.  I never play at work.  Good luck to everyone, sounds awesome!
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    I like this.  I'll even go as far as trying to get Glu to get a cool gift for the winner.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited December 2019
    I like this.  I'll even go as far as trying to get Glu to get a cool gift for the winner.
    The winner gets to create a player, and the teams participating all get one. 
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    winner of each bracket gets VIP. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Well crap. Now @dfbb is gonna play and we are all screwed 
    It’s not like when we created a forum woh team, and then after a weeks of success, the top end of the club got poached. This time will be different....
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    It’s not like when we created a forum woh team, and then after a weeks of success, the top end of the club got poached. This time will be different....
    *insert “you salty bro” sticker*
  • barnstormbombersbarnstormbombers Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    A choice of all time great would be nice 🤞
    *insert “you salty bro” sticker*
    I’ll have to consult with @retirepujols for said sticker. He’s my dealer
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Is it too late to join?? I don’t know how I missed all this. 
    Is it too late to join?? I don’t know how I missed all this. 
    signups live through weds. look at first post in the thread for the sign up sheet