Options

Anyone Catch The Cheat Level Yet Today For Pitchers?

Comments

• Options
    JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    and yes, I AM a gold tier player but have beat Gibson.
  • Options
    fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Still bitching about this? No 'cheat level' observed. Cycling without issue using a 520 13/13 Blowout hitter on Gold. 
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Buddy. I can’t believe no one has told you this yet. 

It’s much easier at platinum 
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    fatDaddy said:
    Still bitching about this? No 'cheat level' observed. Cycling without issue using a 520 13/13 Blowout hitter on Gold. 

No bitching, just asking.

Wasn't expecting to start my first cycle in gold with a player stronger than the one you are using and seeing 54 straight out of the zone on my first six attempts with Gibson. I will say, getting to Gibson has been a lot smoother, for sure.

I finally got through for my first win. Used the same player again, just a video boost. Don't want to waste any more gold. Only got one curve out.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    So I just totally blanked and got caught looking against Gibson, and his pitch calling was upgraded to 90
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited December 2019
    So I just totally blanked and got caught looking against Gibson, and his pitch calling was upgraded to 90
    I think It's been at 90 for 6.10 for at least a month. Oddly, 7.10 is 'only' at 70.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options

Damn, 90 for Gibson? That explains a lot then.

I will say, I have yet to be curved out again on any other level but 6.10 since early this afternoon. Never had trouble in Silver with Levels 1-5 regardless.

But a setting at 90 does explain a lot. There's no margin for error at all on the straight pitches you get.

However, I'm blessed with the same sequences I saw in Silver. If Gibson starts me with a curve out, I'm going to lose that round no matter how well I hit. He will curve me out before I can tie. If the first pitch isn't a curve out, but the second one is, I will get to 6-4 or 6-5 before he curves me out.

If the first two at bats are straight pitches, my curve outs come during the round, but I have a shot to win it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    @drsmartassphd what are coopers skills at, and are your team upgrades (hitting ones) maxed?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options

Yes I upgraded all hitting maxes as soon as I went gold. Even did the late innings ones and hit streaks as well.

Cooper is at 18/18. I moved him back down to Nolan Ryan.

I just cleared again with Musial. I have him at 18/17.

Same sequence. Lost in the first round due to curve outs, video reboot, only a video boost, then two straight pitches so I knew I was good. Cleared it the second time on seven swings. Hit, hit, hit, HR, hit, hit, HR.

I am at the point with Gibson where my only outs are the friggin cheat outs.

• Options

And I had to move Cooper down because he has faced Gibson now five times, but has yet to get a pitch to hit. That's 45 straight pitches out of the zone for my usual closer. Yikes.

I didn't even wasted the video reboot on Cooper again this time. Just went back with Musial and saved the video reboot for him.

• Options
    And this is all with the 80 gold boost?
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Posada (G10, 13/13) 0-2 against Brown with video boost so far. 9 straight curves on the video replay. 
  • Options
    aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    COWPILEY said:
    Posada (G10, 13/13) 0-2 against Brown with video boost so far. 9 straight curves on the video replay. 
    My Baines and AVS both with skills at 16/13 are a combined 2-18 against Brown... lol
  • Options
    COWPILEY said:
    My Baines and AVS both with skills at 16/13 are a combined 2-18 against Brown... lol
    make that 2-19
  • Options

My experience at Gold is the exact same as it is at Silver.  This sucks.

I've spent the last hour trying to clear Level 6, no different than I would Silver.

Starting to get curved out again on 6.5-6.7 despite widely favorable matchups that didn't lose this frequently at silver.

When I do break through and get to Gibson, it is the SOS. EVERYTHING the dude throws straight I clobber. The only way he wins is cheating. I've wasted so much gold too.

Just dealt with it three straight times. Exact same sequences I faced with silver. It is all consistent. I can literally call the next pitch. This isn't fun because now I know I won't cap anyone. LOL.

Look, I know you can't win every time, and I'm cool with that, but at silver, just one more win and I'm good. At gold, I'll have to play about 50 times to beat Gibson 6-7 with this insanity. That's no damn fun. I don't have all night to sit here and watch another 500 curves get called for strikes.

My wife just watched me play though to Gibson, call all the pitches, then lose 6-4, bases loaded, no out, nine straight curves. She took away lady Ipad. "You're breaking this stupid habit. Now you know, give it up". LOL

I have to say I did enjoy the way those yoga pants swayed back and forth when she walked away with my side piece.

• Options
    MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Brown...last level of All Star for me lol
  • Options
    Took 13 innings but finally got Brown with Edmonds at 13/13. 
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Brah I think the Glu gods are just eff’ing with you. I used 490 Edmonds and beat it fairly easy with one vid restart both with 80 gold. Skills at 16/16
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Broke down and spent the gold replay and got it done with Cooper and 80g. Posada handled Ryan easily so seems like the rotation is the shoe dentist gets Jenkins and Posada gets Ryan. 

• Options

My experience at Gold is the exact same as it is at Silver.  This sucks.

I've spent the last hour trying to clear Level 6, no different than I would Silver.

Starting to get curved out again on 6.5-6.7 despite widely favorable matchups that didn't lose this frequently at silver.

When I do break through and get to Gibson, it is the SOS. EVERYTHING the dude throws straight I clobber. The only way he wins is cheating. I've wasted so much gold too.

Just dealt with it three straight times. Exact same sequences I faced with silver. It is all consistent. I can literally call the next pitch. This isn't fun because now I know I won't cap anyone. LOL.

Look, I know you can't win every time, and I'm cool with that, but at silver, just one more win and I'm good. At gold, I'll have to play about 50 times to beat Gibson 6-7 with this insanity. That's no damn fun. I don't have all night to sit here and watch another 500 curves get called for strikes.

My wife just watched me play though to Gibson, call all the pitches, then lose 6-4, bases loaded, no out, nine straight curves. She took away lady Ipad. "You're breaking this stupid habit. Now you know, give it up". LOL

I have to say I did enjoy the way those yoga pants swayed back and forth when she walked away with my side piece.

I just don't know 🤷‍♂️ your game is broken
  • Options

I don't know, Pujols. I just know it sucks. I was looking forward to this evening and clearing this thing about 7 times or so.

I'd be lucky to get 2 more. I don't have that kind of patience any longer, especially with the way you lose a game. If the game gave me the illusion I had a chance, like allowing me to hit straight shit all the time, but some of those were outs, I'd be cool. Babe Ruth was like that to me at Silver, for example.  But sitting there watching pitch after pitch go in the other batters box or through your guy and it's a strike just defies baseball.

And the worst part is that my matchups ARE a lot better at gold. Heck, there are two where they didn't show a favorability at all in Silver, but do here.  Those aren't the ones getting curved either, which is weird.

• Options
    Three times is a good day for me. Play time is limited. 
  • Options
    I miss the good old thigpen times. I could get 6-8 cycles without dropping a single gold. Now it seems I need to spent to win
  • Options
    Brah I think the Glu gods are just eff’ing with you. I used 490 Edmonds and beat it fairly easy with one vid restart both with 80 gold. Skills at 16/16
    A lot of it is MY skills. Foul off too many good pitches. Fully expect to get schooled in the Forum WS ;-0
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Reason #4000 that my time investment in the game has become minimal:

When this:  

Can't beat this:

in 4 tries, I don't know what more you want me to do.  I'm not going to bang my head into the wall 15 times with a 400+ point advantage.  I'm not going to sell my house to get every new closer that comes out and max him and his skills out.  I don't know what more you want from me.  If you aren't going to reward me for the investment that it took to max out a player to overall 863 for walkoff hero, I'm going to look for other things to spend free time on, as I've been doing lately as noted on the first page.  It's just that simple.  
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I used to be a believer in blowout staying active. I now don’t believe it. I beat it with a 470 blowout guy with skills at 20/20 early, then lost 4 times at 6-10. Beat it again, but with Matthews at D9 and 20/20
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I used to be a believer in blowout staying active. I now don’t believe it. I beat it with a 470 blowout guy with skills at 20/20 early, then lost 4 times at 6-10. Beat it again, but with Matthews at D9 and 20/20
    I'm kind of in the same boat as you.  I think it's possible it used to be but isn't anymore.  At any time they could have flipped the switch from skills staying active for an entire WOH round to skills varying by situation and none of us would ever know.  
  • Options
    JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @Wicked0Wildcats, the only thing I would say about that is that it has to be the skills. I feel when the pitching was level one we didn't notice blowout shutting off like it is supposed to. With pitching at 3, to me at least, I can tell when my blowout guy has closed the gap to under 4. The pitches just change. Today I have won three times, once with LL Bellinger, once with Joe Morgan and most recently with ol Jim Edmonds. 2 of the 3 do not have the blowout skill and got it done easier than Bellinger. 

• Options
    ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Who said Kruk can’t close anymore? Kruuuuuuk

• Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    Who said Kruk can’t close anymore? Kruuuuuuk

Yep, that's who I still use.  Still gets the job done... for now
    Just no.