Anyone Catch The Cheat Level Yet Today For Pitchers?

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

LOL. It isn't WiFi.

It's the same crap over and over, same sequences, etc. I know the difference between a cheat out and a potential hittable pitch. They are very clear. You can have the first pitch of a sequence be a hittable curve. You know that is a "potential" at bat where the curve ends up. If the curve is over the plate, that means that particular at bat has a chance. If the curve goes through your guy or in the other batter's box, that is a cheat out.

And yes, I have hit many hittable curves for hits during the course of the game. Mariano Rivera immediately comes to mind.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I’m thinkin @drsmartassphd just sucks it, sorry bro. You complain about things at Silver and now at Gold, while others using the same guys and lower skill levels continue to crush. Stop with the cheat sh*t and look in the mirror-maybe then you’ll find the cause of the problem, fix it, then get doing what lotsa guys on here do...KICK ASS!!!
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Yeah, but if he's using the same guys at the same skill levels then he shouldn't be getting curved out when they are getting fastballs straight down the middle. I mean, you're pretty much going to get carved out no matter what, but that's not all he should see.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    What makes Gibson so crappy is that his cheat outs, at least for me, start 90% of the time with a pitch that doesn't bend, but ends up either under your hands, or in the other batter's box. You play him enough you recognize it as soon as it leaves his hand. The pitch pattern of his cheat outs were always the same: if the first pitch was in the other batter's box, the next two were under your hands, or vice versa.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

fahhq2 said:
    I’m thinkin @drsmartassphd just sucks it, sorry bro. You complain about things at Silver and now at Gold, while others using the same guys and lower skill levels continue to crush. Stop with the cheat sh*t and look in the mirror-maybe then you’ll find the cause of the problem, fix it, then get doing what lotsa guys on here do...KICK ASS!!!

No, dude, seriously. Maybe I should try and record this crap and show you guys.

There is no way in heck I am just "good enough" to plow through the entire thing now with little to no video boosts, then all of the sudden just suck on Gibson. Gibson is pretty much Brown, Snydegar, Thigpen, Bumgardner etc when it comes to style, timing, etc.

I know what I'm doing and I know how to play. Literally the only outs I got against Gibson were cheat outs. I have his timing down to a tee, which only frustrates me even more when I lose that way. It isn't like playing Ruth, Ryan, Will Davis, Rich Hill, or Satan Petit where you may pull a pitch into a DP or something like that because of the constant changes of pace. I lose plenty to those types of pitchers and it is all on me. This is just flat out fricking cheating. Sorry.

When Cooper saw 45 straight out of the zone on five tries, something is fu$%y. My normal closer in Silver (which I will remind you beat Gibson four times last week) doesn't get a single pitch to hit, that's just nutso.

• lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    maybe it's because your astros can't steal sign anymore ??? I'm sure that has to be it
    I only have the Stros because of the live boost. LOL. I'll switch it back to a team that plays a lot on Mondays again when the season starts.

• bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Dr....since you went gold....have you gotten all of your blue cash team upgrades maxed to 60/60? Specifically Hitting Coach, Trainer, Clutch Performance, and In the Zone?

FWIW...My Gold10 closer vs. Gibson is Reggie Smith. Capped. G10. Pennants 60/60. Skills 17/17.
    He does pretty well vs. Gibson with an 80 gold boost. Ocassionally he loses, but is right around 50% win rate.
    With the extra 5% live boost last night....he beat Gibson twice easily...never making an out.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    after considering all the above and doing some research into this...its it possible? 
    that you just suck at this game?
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• XWizardxXWizardx Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Deja vu - every time I read these posts its the same story. I just don't get it - Lou or Ted at gold crushed Gibson for me yesterday. Fastball after fastball...and the occasional slow curve that you can hit.  Maybe you've been flagged for level 10 pitching that shows level 3 just because you post novels on your walk off woes.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

No, dude, seriously. Maybe I should try and record this crap and show you guys.

That would be helpful
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Dr....since you went gold....have you gotten all of your blue cash team upgrades maxed to 60/60? Specifically Hitting Coach, Trainer, Clutch Performance, and In the Zone?

FWIW...My Gold10 closer vs. Gibson is Reggie Smith. Capped. G10. Pennants 60/60. Skills 17/17.
    He does pretty well vs. Gibson with an 80 gold boost. Ocassionally he loses, but is right around 50% win rate.
    With the extra 5% live boost last night....he beat Gibson twice easily...never making an out.

Yes sir! I updated all of the hitting items first. One of the other posters reminded me the day of.

So I have Musial, which is Reggie Smith hitting Lefty, basically (Blowout/RHP). Skills are 18/17. I was using a gold boost. I was expecting about a 40-50% win rate as well. Instead, I got less than 10%, and saw way more cheat outs at Gold than Silver. Like triple the amount.

My normal Silver closer was Cooper G10/Double RHP, 17/17 skills, but he got "nine and out" five straight games with a gold boost. I still can't believe that. I would use Musial in Silver on 6.8 or 6.9. Mathews is my other "top 3" guy.

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    It honestly just sounds like your RNG was awful yesterday, no arcane cheat outs or other bullshit. As long as you’re taking advantage when you are getting pitches to hit as long as the players are good enough you should at least pull into the 30% or so success rate. Sometimes the difference is moving that runner or runners from 1st to 2nd or both runners to 2nd/3rd.  It can mean the difference of a double scoring a run or 2 instead of that guy stuck on first only getting to 3rd.  On the last level my goal was always get the game tied first then worry about winning it, if you get it tied you know you have another inning and 3 outs only down 1.

In ‘18 I’d have weeks where I’d go 8-17, or 1-31 with teams and pitchers that didn’t change those weeks.  So yeah this week you go 2-25, as long as things don’t change maybe you go 12-25 the next week.  Your skill in hitting the ball matters a little bit but 80-90% at the end of the day is math/RNG.

That's what I'm hoping, redlegs...

Also, I call the mandatory computer outs "cheat outs". Yes, I've also learned that if I have men on base and I know I'm in an auto-out pitch sequence to at least try and get a productive out.

Last week when I was silver, I beat Gibson twice by scoring a sac fly on an auto-out situation at the end of the game to tie it. I ran into the same sequence of events the game prior, so I learned from that. Both times I got Gibson into extras, I got the hit, auto out, hit, auto out, hit sequence, but won because two of those hits were doubles.

• BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    AFTER YOUR 84 **** RANTS YESTERDAY, how many times did you cycle HoF yesterday???? @drsmartassphd
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts

That's what I'm hoping, redlegs...

Also, I call the mandatory computer outs "cheat outs". Yes, I've also learned that if I have men on base and I know I'm in an auto-out pitch sequence to at least try and get a productive out.

Last week when I was silver, I beat Gibson twice by scoring a sac fly on an auto-out situation at the end of the game to tie it. I ran into the same sequence of events the game prior, so I learned from that. Both times I got Gibson into extras, I got the hit, auto out, hit, auto out, hit sequence, but won because two of those hits were doubles.

What you haven’t learned is that these are predetermined sequences.  Player has a minor role to play, but for the most part you either qualify to beat the round via RNG calculations or you don’t all just stepping in the battters box before the round’s first pitch.  It’s numbers;  get your numbers up and your odds of success are increased.  

That’s it.   

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Can we put a character limit on posts y’all write too damn much for my attention span. 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    I didn’t read any of the previous posts, but this is pure click bait. 
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Tldr: he sucks at WOH and blames the game for "cheating" him... Spend less time on the forum whining and more time improving your team and playing the game @drsmartassphd  

*EDIT* - to add something to this post so im not just being a jerk to the op, hows your pennants for the batter your getting just cheat outs for? Pennants improve your hit rating 

@bigvivec: Yes, that has been my inclination and what I've been hinting at on this board since I was whining about this in silver. A move to gold was supposed to improve this, and for the most part, it really did....

Until I got to Gibson at 6.10. My first experience at Gold was far worse than it ever was at silver. Maybe this weekend and next week I'll better luck, but yes, I'm fully aware this is all predetermined.

Tldr: he sucks at WOH and blames the game for "cheating" him... Spend less time on the forum whining and more time improving your team and playing the game @drsmartassphd  

*EDIT* - to add something to this post so im not just being a jerk to the op, hows your pennants for the batter your getting just cheat outs for? Pennants improve your hit rating 

Thanks! Never thought of any of that.

You can be a jerk, I really don't care.

Since going gold just a week ago, I'm now adding to the pennant deal as fast as possible. However, I was assured pennants were for season mode performance, of which my team is always 116-0. I'm about finish another season today, so I will stock up on more and add more to my top 5 guys for WoH since they are my top guys overall right now anyway.

and the question still goes unanswered...just like the Pics of his "wife" he claims is hot and makes more than him....you don't know her she lives in canada..

What question went unanswered?

I am not posting pics of the wife here. LOL

I count 4 spots in this thread where someone asked how many times did you cycle HOF on monday????

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

Can you post a picture of your wife that you have drawn by hand?  
    I say @blueleopard or @DFBB Close this discussion as its going nowhere...

I count 4 spots in this thread where someone asked how many times did you cycle HOF on monday????

Oh, I'm sure I answered that in one of my long rants nobody reads, which is fine.

I cleared twice at gold in about 22-25 tries against Gibson, total. Last week at silver I cleared 4 times against Gibson in about 14-16 tries.

The move to gold did increase my matchup advantages, for sure. The main one I've mentioned several times here is 6.9 with Brown. At silver, Brown would curve me out about 1/3 of the time, despite a large matchup advantage. At gold, Brown only curved me out once. Every other time I beat him with about 8-9 swings. Gold also revealed two other matchup advantages on Level 6 that never showed up in Silver.

That is the summary of my first experience with Gold in HoF. Hoping next week is better with 6.10. My expectation was to clear 6.10 about 40-50% of the time at gold as opposed to about 20-25% in silver. That clearly didn't happen, as it was less than half, and saw way more curve outs at gold than silver, especially against my normal closer. Didn't make sense, thus the rant.

So instead of saying Twice....I get a manifesto..thanks man that's all I wanted to know

Can you post a picture of your wife that you have drawn by hand?  

Dude, I have no artistic talent. My handwriting sucks, I can't match my own clothes, and I can barely draw bath water.

So instead of saying Twice....I get a manifesto..thanks man that's all I wanted to know

I just had three cups of coffee. Your timing was perfect. Appreciate the concern and feedback.