on-fire skill

2Next

Comments

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    It doesn’t get harder but you get a break for spending.  Same goes in CvC.  Level a player progressively over the weekend and you’ll yield higher.  
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Anyone have test results with Posada yet?
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Anyone have test results with Posada yet?
    Got er done on first round with 80g boost. Skills at 12/12. Been getting stuck at 6-7,6-8 all night tho 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    edited December 2019
    He struggled so badly against Brown in gold (13/13, 0-2) that I’m reluctant to try him closing. Foul out, double, home run, 15 straight curves. 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    @COWPILEY So I got Shoedentist to g10 and skills 12/12 and every time I get to Gibson it starts me with double curve outs, then lets me put up 5 runs, then curves me out again.  That was with 80g boost.  It felt awesome when I got someone on base though, but it just wasn't gonna let me win with him.
    Just no.  
    Good to know. Brown and Gibson pretty tough for me today. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    @COWPILEY So I got Shoedentist to g10 and skills 12/12 and every time I get to Gibson it starts me with double curve outs, then lets me put up 5 runs, then curves me out again.  That was with 80g boost.  It felt awesome when I got someone on base though, but it just wasn't gonna let me win with him.
    This is going to sound rude, but I’m after clarity here.....

the Good Dentist is a double ROB if I’m not mistaken.  Why would you use him on a round where it’s not active at the start?

the Good Dentist is a double ROB if I’m not mistaken.  Why would you use him on a round where it’s not active at the start?
    Because last week he was getting it done for a few people who were short of options with nerfed Damon, Musial, AVS and Morgan.  Strong lhb witn less than ideal skills but according to some was getting it done.  
    Nobody is on here making much of a deal about posada.   Had a friend tell me that as of this past weekend he was the best player in the game.  I don’t have him so am curious if anyone does have some anecdotes.  
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Had a friend tell me that as of this past weekend he was the best player in the game. 
    He must not have seen Lou 👀😬 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    bigvivec said:
    Had a friend tell me that as of this past weekend he was the best player in the game. 
    Lou ain't that good and he’s a RHB.  

Now Teddy......

• digdug2626digdug2626 Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    bigvivec said:

Now Teddy......

Did you mean Lou Gehrig? Because he would also be el South Paw not a rhb
  • digdug2626digdug2626 Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    Now I started thinking that perhaps the double 1st pitch or at least one 1st pitch skill might be valuable. If you think about it. You can almost Everytime map out the eventual course of an at bat after seeing the first pitch. At least when it comes to knowing how hittable the pitches are going to be for the remainder of said at bat. I mean sometimes you'll get something out of the ordinary, like 1st pitch is a curve called strike and the second pitch walks you, but those times are rare, this game is a tad predictable. Ball goes up and almost instantly you know what the outcome and how it will happen. Anyways. If your percentage chance to sway the probability of the first pitch of an at bat with this skill is maybe higher than most any other skill to do that same thing especially given it's such a specialty skill, I mean why make it soooo specific if it didn't perform that specific action better than any other skill possibly could then why the hell even make it specialty as a later add on. In a nut shell, win a good first pitch, win an at bat full of good hittable pitches. So effectively if you got a desirable affected first pitch, and if one can effectively map out the quality of the subsequent pitches based off that first one then to me that could make the 1st pitch skill a very valuable WOH skill. I'm sure I'm probably just regurgitating data and I'm probably even late to do that lol.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    bigvivec said:

Now Teddy......

Lou is a lefty without a blowout skill 👀
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    FYI I finished with Mathews yesterday with skills at 16/16. Went 11/16 against Gibson with a 80g boost. Did just as good as my boog at 20/20 had been doing. Makes me come to the conclusion that you don't need 2 skills to start but both have to be active at some point during the at bat. Still liking my woh skills theory
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I tried Mathews vs Gibson twice (video restart). I have him at 18/17. With 80 Gold boost, I got nine straight cheat outs on the first one. After the reboot and 80 gold boost, it went into the classic sequence of score a run, cheat out, score, cheat out, score, cheat out.

I put Mathews back on 6.9 where he continued to dominate Brown and saw only one cheat out all day at gold. At silver, Brown would cheat out about 1/3 of the time, so that was a nice change.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

bigvivec said:
    Nobody is on here making much of a deal about posada.   Had a friend tell me that as of this past weekend he was the best player in the game.  I don’t have him so am curious if anyone does have some anecdotes.  
    For me at G10 - 13/13, Posada was somewhat less than stellar. Couldn’t beat Brown, beat Ryan handily twice in the afternoon but then was a total dog the rest of the day. Lost count but ended up around 3-6 against Ryan. Didn’t get him to close but at least hoped he could reliably hold down the  two or three spot at 13/13. Maybe plat or diamond guys had better luck with him. Definitely making it tougher on the marginal gold guys. 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts

I just wanted to test it out.  In the early goings of ROB when I tried it out, it seemed as if it worked for me, especially in the final round of royale before it changed to what it is now.  It's not that hard to get back to Bob when you're going through HoF the first time, at least not for me.  That 2nd cycle though, well, that's a different story.  I'm not about that cycle capping life, that's too stressful and then the game isn't fun for me.

Shoedentist worked great at Brown though, that is, unless I cleared the bases with him and was down a run or two.  When that would happen the phrase, "You just messed up, you stupid bi... uhhh, person who is playing our game!!" would pop up on the screen, true story, and then I would get 9 BS balls.

I'll never be in the "skills are always active from the beginning" camp, but that's just based solely on my experience.  Double blow out Yelich never got it done when I got within three runs, and Baines isn't getting it done either... it's a little bit disappoint.  Kruk is still doing it though... for now.
    Just no.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Posada was a typical glu 'trap' and many took the bait.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited December 2019
    Shoe dentist at 12/10 was more reliable for me than Posada at 13/13. I don’t see that much difference when bases are empty. Have hit back to back HRs with him more times than I can count. Using him primarily on Jenkins. 
    COWPILEY said:
    bigvivec said:
    For me at G10 - 13/13, Posada was somewhat less than stellar. Couldn’t beat Brown, beat Ryan handily twice in the afternoon but then was a total dog the rest of the day. Lost count but ended up around 3-6 against Ryan. Didn’t get him to close but at least hoped he could reliably hold down the  two or three spot at 13/13. Maybe plat or diamond guys had better luck with him. Definitely making it tougher on the marginal gold guys. 
    That’s disappointing.  I had higher hopes.  I’m sure you did as well. 
    I’m not sure what Debby is talking about...posada is a woh beast on my end
    edited December 2019
    Wondering if part of my problem with Posada is pennants ? Was only able to get him to 40/60. All the other upgrades are maxed. 
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    They definitely help
    COWPILEY said:
    Wondering if part of my problem with Posada is pennants ? Was only able to get him to 40/60. All the other upgrades are maxed. 
    My alt team is silver...and was able to cycle with Posada at 6-10. Pennants are maxed on every team. All upgrades are maxed as well. I could’ve used ML or JT snow at 6-10, but I wanted to test out flame/Risp skill. It worked as it should on my end