Anyone Catch The Cheat Level Yet Today For Pitchers?

1235Next

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I count 4 spots in this thread where someone asked how many times did you cycle HOF on monday????

Oh, I'm sure I answered that in one of my long rants nobody reads, which is fine.

I cleared twice at gold in about 22-25 tries against Gibson, total. Last week at silver I cleared 4 times against Gibson in about 14-16 tries.

The move to gold did increase my matchup advantages, for sure. The main one I've mentioned several times here is 6.9 with Brown. At silver, Brown would curve me out about 1/3 of the time, despite a large matchup advantage. At gold, Brown only curved me out once. Every other time I beat him with about 8-9 swings. Gold also revealed two other matchup advantages on Level 6 that never showed up in Silver.

That is the summary of my first experience with Gold in HoF. Hoping next week is better with 6.10. My expectation was to clear 6.10 about 40-50% of the time at gold as opposed to about 20-25% in silver. That clearly didn't happen, as it was less than half, and saw way more curve outs at gold than silver, especially against my normal closer. Didn't make sense, thus the rant.

When 6-10 is your trouble spot it can be difficult to figure out a way around that. My trouble spots are before 6-10, so I have to use gold to unlock batters. But spending 700 gold for a cycle and 12K in LXP is much better than 500 gold on a mega LXP box. This week I semi-cycle capped in classic (took player to P10, then from D1 to D5) so I would have a capped bonus player, then did HOF 3 times. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

What question went unanswered?

I am not posting pics of the wife here. LOL

Can you post a picture of your wife that you have drawn by hand?  

Dude, I have no artistic talent. My handwriting sucks, I can't match my own clothes, and I can barely draw bath water.
    Stick figures are my extent of drawing people. I was expecting that. I set up the joke for you and you let me down :(
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Can you post a picture of your wife that you have drawn by hand?  

Dude, I have no artistic talent. My handwriting sucks, I can't match my own clothes, and I can barely draw bath water.
    Stick figures are my extent of drawing people. I was expecting that. I set up the joke for you and you let me down :(

Shit man, I'm sorry. Apparently I'm not on top of my game today.

Next week I am going to try other options for 6.10. I just still can't believe what happened to my normal closer at Gold. Everywhere else at Gold he's a beast. So, I put him at 6.8 and let him dominate Ryan while I figure out something else.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    edited December 2019
    @drsmartassphd pennant improve your hit rating for any game mode, for any player for that team, but can mainly only be gotten from season mode. They dont improve all stats for your team, which I thought they did since i started in '18, but up them pennants if you wanna do better in woh, and most importantly cvc! I actually love seeing hof progression threads and admire/envy anyone able to cycle it at silver. Ive tried many times, was able to beat all star at silver back around when they first started the 3 difficulty system. Ive fooled around on several teams, struggling to get past it as i evolve prematurely (I'm extremely impatient). My hardest challenge yet was trying to beat woh on wednesday when i just took a team to plat, had one guy with 1 good skill and risp at plat 5 or plat 7, cant remember, and 2 guys at plat 3, a couple g10 guys, and like 6 guys not even to g10 yet, that was a struggle to beat classic even... And i logged in with only a few hours left, and my club was being jerks at the time and didn't have the cheat sheet for classic (they only do,hof)... Took a few tries but man did that ever feel amazing when i beat it. You're doing great though dude, keep it up. Just be careful not to fall into the mistakes that most do - dont get upset when you fail and blame the game/glu as the reason you lost. Look at your team, or the situation. Figure out why you lost, figure out how to counter it and pay attention. What things would cause it? Improving your hit rating increases your chances to get on base. Improve your pennants and use the right batters for the right pitchers, aka righty vs. Lefty etc - also note that skills activate/deactivate during woh, they dont deactivate once activated during cvc/clash though. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I count 4 spots in this thread where someone asked how many times did you cycle HOF on monday????

Oh, I'm sure I answered that in one of my long rants nobody reads, which is fine.

I cleared twice at gold in about 22-25 tries against Gibson, total. Last week at silver I cleared 4 times against Gibson in about 14-16 tries.

The move to gold did increase my matchup advantages, for sure. The main one I've mentioned several times here is 6.9 with Brown. At silver, Brown would curve me out about 1/3 of the time, despite a large matchup advantage. At gold, Brown only curved me out once. Every other time I beat him with about 8-9 swings. Gold also revealed two other matchup advantages on Level 6 that never showed up in Silver.

That is the summary of my first experience with Gold in HoF. Hoping next week is better with 6.10. My expectation was to clear 6.10 about 40-50% of the time at gold as opposed to about 20-25% in silver. That clearly didn't happen, as it was less than half, and saw way more curve outs at gold than silver, especially against my normal closer. Didn't make sense, thus the rant.

Those success ratios are brutal!!!!!

This thread could suddenly go in a totally different direction.......
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    edited December 2019
    bigvivec said:

This thread could suddenly go in a totally different direction.......
    I think at this point of time, a picture is due. Like BPF said earlier, draw one out. @matt_sackett Drew one of his twin eyebrowed lady’s earlier this year, it’s really the least you can do 
    I have suddenly become nervously interested........
    It would be wonderful if our time travelers could tell us if Babe Ruth is the 7.10 guy tomorrow too. I have Harrah from last week, and he would be the perfect closer for that. I may have enough LxP to cap him in gold.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

I don’t swing on the pitch patterns that yield outs.  Gives me a chance to change the channel and eliminates the chance of a double or triple play.  I look for strikes on 2nd pitches following curve first pitches and swing on 3rd pitch center of the plate curves..............for anyone who cares.  
    It would be wonderful if our time travelers could tell us if Babe Ruth is the 7.10 guy tomorrow too. I have Harrah from last week, and he would be the perfect closer for that. I may have enough LxP to cap him in gold.
    That Harrah is an automatic cap IMO.  
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    That Harrah is an automatic cap IMO.  
    😉👆🏼✅
    I did. I hope it pays off with a tower today and a lefty closer at 7.10.

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I did. I hope it pays off with a tower today and a lefty closer at 7.10.
    Great! Now 7.10 will be a right-handed pitcher and the reward will be a right-handed batter with double garbage skills. 😊
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

LOL. Well, if that happens, I have that covered too with my usual lineup.

That FP purchase yesterday ended up being the best money I ever spent on this game. Got about 8-10X more value from it than expected.

Now if they could just fix the farming system. My app is crashing often today trying to get gold.

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    o o O (why is this thread still open) :/

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.