The Forum World Series! - Sign up deadline Wednesday 12/11, 3pm eastern

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    When can we start?
    after you are done playing bonus games today :)
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    What the hell of course I play @retirepujols.
    👀 glad to see a friendly foe 😬
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    I like this.  I'll even go as far as trying to get Glu to get a cool gift for the winner.
    The winner gets to create a player, and the teams participating all get one. 
    It's not as cool as that, but I think it's better than that.

Gift will only be going to first place though.
    That sounds like Glu speak for new sticker boxes....
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    edited December 2019
    JCAM80 said:
    Cooz19 said:
    I like this.  I'll even go as far as trying to get Glu to get a cool gift for the winner.

If that’s the case we should all let @retirepujols win it all 🤣😂
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    Cooz19 said:

Maybe it is; maybe it isn't.

I'll tell you that when it's over, everybody but the winner will be salty, and everybody that hears about that didn't play are gonna be saltier.
    JCAM80 said:
    👀👀👀👀🤤
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    If I could have a custom made sticker, then maaaaaaannnnn I'd be bombarding ALL OF YOU with it!
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    If I could have a custom made sticker, then maaaaaaannnnn I'd be bombarding ALL OF YOU with it!
    Could be a keeper sticker....... imagine that!
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    Cooz19 said:

I didn’t even think of that but now I’m 99% sure @retirepujols is gonna get to have a custom sticker after winning...
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    There was a 102% chance I would get waxed in the first round (which is exactly what’s happening) but I had no idea that skills weren’t active during these matches (i.e. Blowout, vs RHP, etc) 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @blueleopard there's 3 brackets, so there will be 3 winners. if there's only one winner that's getting a gift instead of one for each of the brackets, i'd suggest the gold bracket (not just because that's where i'm at, but maybe ;)) but because it has by far the largest turnout and most even competition, but your call
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @RookieTapper I just noticed that too about the skills only being active on inning one. 
    If there's a sticker involved, the winner better share that sucker 
    Marcuh said:
    I can see the gold bracket matchups. Not sure how to see the platinum/diamond matchups. 
    @marcuh you're playing @Horse42 - try not to get mercy ruled after the first inning...

the brackets are on various tabs on the bottom of the spreadsheet if anyone has a question on accessing the brackets
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    I would recommend to all playing to screenshot your results with you and your opponents name visible. I trust a grand total of four of you with the honors system, so you'll want to provide as much evidence as possible.
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    criffy said:
    Marcuh said:
    I can see the gold bracket matchups. Not sure how to see the platinum/diamond matchups. 
    @marcuh you're playing @Horse42 - try not to get mercy ruled after the first inning...

the brackets are on various tabs on the bottom of the spreadsheet if anyone has a question on accessing the brackets
    I found it. Thanks man 👍
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Maybe it is; maybe it isn't.

I'll tell you that when it's over, everybody but the winner will be salty, and everybody that hears about that didn't play are gonna be saltier.
    So technically I'll be on Team Salty, but I'm not sure how that differs from Team Saltier. Are you saying I'll get 2k bxp for participating? 
    Well im only down 36 Runs....I can do this.
    I’m in the same boat. Im a platinum team playing against the best diamond team in the tourney. Let me play a gold team and give em the business 😜
    Marcuh said:
    I’m in the same boat. Im a platinum team playing against the best diamond team in the tourney. Let me play a gold team and give em the business 😜
    The difference is he's a diamond team 🤣🤣
     criffy said:
    Marcuh said:
    The difference is he's a diamond team 🤣🤣
    I know lol. Too bad there weren’t enough platinum teams. Maybe next time. Anyways. Thanks for setting this up. I still had fun. Makes me want to improve my team to that next level even more 👍
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Ice wraps need to be banned from this event. Only bumps your pitcher up but not the other team
    COWPILEY said:
    Ice wraps need to be banned from this event. Only bumps your pitcher up but not the other team
    thanks for the heads up @COWPILEY sorry you were the test dummy on that. i am not going to change the house rules mid-tourney unless it's something you can't work around... advice is to start your ace every time (cycle through your rotation via bonus games) to prevent this from being an uneven matchup.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Considered restarting the game but turned out to not be a big deal as Fryanmak won anyway after my blunder. This is so much fun and so glad you set this up @criffy
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Is there an @xkingsmirdiex on the board?  Can't find you in the game.  Let's do this! 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited December 2019
    two series in the plat/diamond bracket are complete
    if @xkingsmrdiex doesn't show up by Sunday, i'm gonna re-align @COWPILEY to play you in the next round @Metsicans
  • barnstormbombersbarnstormbombers Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    criffy said:
    if @xkingsmrdiex doesn't show up by Sunday, i'm gonna re-align @COWPILEY to play you in the next round @Metsicans
    He should be initiating game shortly. I am relaying info to him as he is a clubmate and not fluent with the forums.
  • usbluesusblues Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    Hey guys, any of you on the Line App? If so, look me up, my ID is usblues there and my name there is Gratefulhead. We have a chat with about 8 or 9 of us there. May be easier to communicate and schedule times through there. 
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Im still waiting  to hear from @slapdahoe2002
    Im still waiting  to hear from @slapdahoe2002
    he goes by @pdazzled006 on the forums. Try PMing him. If you guys have the line app, we have a chat going. find me by my ID "mastacriff"