Which ones should I level up first with lxp?

snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
I picked up Posada, Gehrig, Williams, and Harrah this weekend. A very good weekend for me with box pulls. Should I work on leveling Posada and Harrah first or the two ATGs? I’m thinking the two regular 540 legends first and then ATGs. Curious as to what you all think?

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Wow. The art of humble bragging at it's finest! I approve! :)
    In all seriousness, I'd go with either Lou and/or Ted. Probably Ted because he's still getting the weekend discount and it's almost certain that Lou will get it next weekend as well.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    "work on" scares me. How much lxp are you working with? I would level Lou, FTW, but the state of your team could change that.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I’m with the old man.  “Working on” is a terrifying phrase in this game.

what kind of LXP are you sitting on?

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Depends on what the rest of your team looks like (does one of these fill a hole more than another). How much lxp do you have. And what tier are you, gold? 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Deleted stuff
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Yeah without knowing all of the facts (current team and resources) id say level either Lou or the SS
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Here is a look at my lineup. I currently have 1,000 lxp, so it looks like cycling HOF a million times is in order. Haha. I wish I had the time. Currently in gold. 
    DFBB said:
    Wow. The art of humble bragging at it's finest! I approve! :)
    In all seriousness, I'd go with either Lou and/or Ted. Probably Ted because he's still getting the weekend discount and it's almost certain that Lou will get it next weekend as well.
    I wasn’t trying to be. Maybe a little. Lol. 
    Why you keep halfway leveling guys?  Why not focus on one guy to cap at a time @snowy24
    My first question is why your vip council player has both a RHP and a LHP skill. With only 1,000 lxp you can’t do much right now. I would stock pile some and wait before leveling them up like Monte said no point in half leveling as by the time you have enough you might pull a better player. You don’t have close to enough for the ATGs right now so those are more of a long term goal. 
    Why you keep halfway leveling guys?  Why not focus on one guy to cap at a time @snowy24
    Cause I try to get them out of bronze and silver into gold, but yeah you have a point, I should focus on one player at a time. 
    My first question is why your vip council player has both a RHP and a LHP skill. With only 1,000 lxp you can’t do much right now. I would stock pile some and wait before leveling them up like Monte said no point in half leveling as by the time you have enough you might pull a better player. You don’t have close to enough for the ATGs right now so those are more of a long term goal. 
    Because at the time I liked those skills. Now I love late inning. Oh well. She is still a great slugger. Will do. Thanks! 
    snowy24 said:
    Because at the time I liked those skills. Now I love late inning. Oh well. She is still a great slugger. Will do. Thanks! 

Very cute slugger, I’m guessing that’s your daughter? In the real world it would definitely be great to have skills vs RHP and vs LHP but yeah for this game I agree double late innings is the way to go as those are always guaranteed to be active in WOH. 
    snowy24 said:

Very cute slugger, I’m guessing that’s your daughter? In the real world it would definitely be great to have skills vs RHP and vs LHP but yeah for this game I agree double late innings is the way to go as those are always guaranteed to be active in WOH. 
    Thanks! Yeah thats my babygirl. ❤️ I guess my line of thinking was Ruth. He has the rhp skill and always crushed it in the last version of the game, so I thought that skill was worth it. Now, I have my doubts. Anyways, thanks everyone for the advice. Much appreciated. 
    snowy24 said:
    Cause I try to get them out of bronze and silver into gold, but yeah you have a point, I should focus on one player at a time. 
    I’m going to be blunt here, because I want to help.....don’t...ever...do....that.

Bluntly, incremental leveling is among the biggest mistakes you can make in this game.

I tell you this from very very painful experience.  I wasted hundreds of thousands of PXP and LXP.  I had someone care enough to beat this in to my head....and it 100% changed the game for me.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited December 2019
    I level players until I can beat HOF.....it it gets sticky I put more on the skills of the struggling player or start to chase a replacement.  Personally I’d wait for next weekend and level up someone totally new on a discount or double discount (club and FP).  Only project I’d work on would be Gehrig (points and bump relevance) and I’d still bank lxp until the weekend where hopefully he’s included in the discount again.  

Besides that, Harrah and Teddy in that order.  
    snowy24 said:
    I’m going to be blunt here, because I want to help.....don’t...ever...do....that.

Bluntly, incremental leveling is among the biggest mistakes you can make in this game.

I tell you this from very very painful experience.  I wasted hundreds of thousands of PXP and LXP.  I had someone care enough to beat this in to my head....and it 100% changed the game for me.
    I needed that. Thanks! I almost have Lou leveled by using the method of sticking with one player. 
    Thanks guys! I capped Lou and Ted this week by only concentrating on one player.