WOH Royale Weekend 3.0

Comments

• nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    Use a dif batter for the round you're stuck on. Dont keep using the same guy to beat the last round. And if You have noone else able to do it, then up his sills once or twice then go again
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    This weekend would have been pretty sweet in October. As it stands, I was extremely disappointed when the event started. The woh reward and boxes are just... Ugh, the opposite of what I personally keep looking for. It's better than a prime weekend, but barely. If the walk off reward is going to blow, then I would like to think the boxes wouldn't also blow. The only thing I like is they didn't destroy the tournament boxes with garbage again. Yay 😒
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    The blowout skill has definitely been deactivated in WOH when it doesn't apply.  
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    They definitely upped the difficulty in the past few hours. Did 10 cycles during the day. No gold spent. Spent the past couple hours off/on using video boosts to get through it. Unsuccessfully. Even lost on 5.10 with an 80 gold boost once
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Yep. I can get to 5.10 no problem. Then score a few runs and get curved out. Too bad 
  • HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    @Marcuh I totally feel you. Cooper has been killing it since I got him. He’s only 0-2 but I get to 6-7 O outs never see a hitable ball again 😂 I hate how the strike zone gets bigger as the rounds increase 
    I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Marcuh said:
    I’m 2-0 against Gibson with Pendleton. 0-2 against Gibson with Tobby. Only using video boosts 

Using Toby Harrah against Gibson is not a good idea. He will only have one skill on the entire match.

I am using Harrah, Trammel, and Cooper as my 8-9-10 and it is going very well. I've cleared 7 times now, and have only been curved out twice against Gibson with Cooper.  If he starts curving out Cooper this weekend again, I'll switch back to Musial as the closer.

Though I prefer the 7 tower, I've been finishing each cycle in about 20-25 minutes. That's more fun than farming gold with this new system. Getting at least 2,500 PxP and have only gotten the 1K LxP pull once. Well worth it if you need PxP and LxP.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

thorlius said:
    Does it get more difficult each time you cycle? Or was I just lucky the first time doing it with just a video boost, 80 gold boost on second cycle, then third try failed twice both on 80 gold boosts.

The word on the street is that it does, but I don't know.  It is all about the RNG you get.

For example, this is the same Gibson that curved out my Cecil Cooper on Monday HoF five straight times. As in, 45 straight pitches out of the zone called strikes.  I had to win with another player (Musial). Yesterday, Musial got curved out on my first game. I did a vide reboot, won with Musial, then tried with Cooper next time. I've won the next six times with Cooper, only getting curved once or twice.

I'll be playing again later with Cooper as the closer. I'll let you know if I think it is getting harder. I'll know by how many times I'm curved out. At this point, I could hit all of Gibson's straight pitches in my sleep.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Sometimes it feels like the 80 gold boost is nothing more than GLU holding out an offering plate with the words "Free will offering" on it and me dumping my gold in it. 
    Sometimes it feels like the 80 gold boost is nothing more than GLU holding out an offering plate with the words "Free will offering" on it and me dumping my gold in it. 
    Last Monday for my first attempt to cycle at gold, the two times I won I didn’t use gold. Every other time I did. I wasted so much of it watching pitch after pitch go in another time zone. That’s a huge part of my frustration considering how much of a pain in the ass it is to farm gold now with this new extra two click system.

Marcuh said:
    I’m 2-0 against Gibson with Pendleton. 0-2 against Gibson with Tobby. Only using video boosts 

Using Toby Harrah against Gibson is not a good idea. He will only have one skill on the entire match.

I am using Harrah, Trammel, and Cooper as my 8-9-10 and it is going very well. I've cleared 7 times now, and have only been curved out twice against Gibson with Cooper.  If he starts curving out Cooper this weekend again, I'll switch back to Musial as the closer.

Though I prefer the 7 tower, I've been finishing each cycle in about 20-25 minutes. That's more fun than farming gold with this new system. Getting at least 2,500 PxP and have only gotten the 1K LxP pull once. Well worth it if you need PxP and LxP.

Does “hot hitter” activate in WOH? If not then Pendleton would also only have 1 as well 
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    19th cycle finally got this guy. Gambling on finding him 2 more times to finish the cap. 
    Last Monday for my first attempt to cycle at gold, the two times I won I didn’t use gold. Every other time I did. I wasted so much of it watching pitch after pitch go in another time zone. That’s a huge part of my frustration considering how much of a pain in the ass it is to farm gold now with this new extra two click system.
    I admire your commitment and persistent to domimating woh :D you ever play hrb/slugfest any?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    thorlius said:
    Does it get more difficult each time you cycle? Or was I just lucky the first time doing it with just a video boost, 80 gold boost on second cycle, then third try failed twice both on 80 gold boosts.
    I've had a fairly optimal WoH lineup for quite awhile. In my experience, difficulty does NOT change with each cycle.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TCFORTWINSTCFORTWINS Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    WOH keeps on crashing during a round. That means it starts all over again. I'm getting sick of the "oops...we have to restart".
    I’ve cleared another 6 times today. All good here.

using the same lineup plus I got Stankey earlier. 

DFBB said:
    thorlius said:
    I've had a fairly optimal WoH lineup for quite awhile. In my experience, difficulty does NOT change with each cycle.
    Any chance we could see that lineup 😃
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I just cleared for the 10th time.  So I’ve spent roughly 920 gold for 10 Mega LXP boxes and a crap ton of PXP.

I'm getting awful damn bored...but really want that LL Harper
    DFBB said:
    thorlius said:
    Same players? Ive noticed a huge difference when using a new player to replace an older one thats beaten the later rounds of woh many times. Not talking,about 5 or 10,cycles... Talking hundreds
    DFBB said:
    thorlius said:
    Same players? Ive noticed a huge difference when using a new player to replace an older one thats beaten the later rounds of woh many times. Not talking,about 5 or 10,cycles... Talking hundreds
    Yes. I almost always run the exact same sequence of guys. I rarely ever change and only do so only if I'm testing things. All my bats are 20/20 and it's extremely consistent. 
    @Marcuh this is my WoH lineup and the order in which I used them in level 6. I do a considerable amount of cycles in every HoF event and I don't notice any drop off regardless of the time of day or the number of cycles I've completed.

Note: I 'sim all cash rounds.

DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    thorlius said:
    Yes. I almost always run the exact same sequence of guys. I rarely ever change and only do so only if I'm testing things. All my bats are 20/20 and it's extremely consistent. 
    @Marcuh this is my WoH lineup and the order in which I used them in level 6. I do a considerable amount of cycles in every HoF event and I don't notice any drop off regardless of the time of day or the number of cycles I've completed.

Note: I 'sim all cash rounds.

@DFFB Awesome thank you. Who is your closer? I don’t recognize that player and can’t quite see the name. 
    @Marcuh My custom player is my closer for all rounds.
    Disagreers from my post (and I knew there would be quite a few), I won't try to convince you to disregard your own experience, I shouldn't have said definitely.  I'll only speak of my experience this weekend.  

Been using Legend Baines and keeper Hosmer on 5-10 both with the 80 boost, almost equally, about 30 cycles in.  Hosmer has the double RHP so his fully activated skills are a sure thing.  Baines has the sure Late Innings and the Blowout, both maxed out.  

Hosmer is at 751 with the boost and Baines is 830 entering down 7-3.  The final results aren't even close.  Baines is 50/50 at best, Hosmer is batting a good .800 or so.  Very often Baines is getting on base early only to see his production slump when he gets a run or two in.  
    DFBB said:

Custom player? How does one go about this?

edited December 2019
    DFBB said:

Custom player? How does one go about this?
    VIP council.  Very very small handful of players.  The ones invited to schmooze at GLU headquarters.  :wink:

Damn. Oh well.

Also, I didn't disagree with your blowout post (I don't think I have ever clicked that button on any post anyway), but last week, the only wins I could get against Gibson in HoF were with Musial.

This weekend, Cooper is back to dominating Gibson (think I've cleared Royale like 20 times now, with only two curve out loses, both of which I had a video restart for and then won without a single curve out). 

I hope Monday goes back to "normal" for my team. Cooper not seeing a single straight pitch in five straight games against Gibson Monday for my first HoF cycle at Gold still annoys me almost a week later, especially after this weekend. I'm not joking when I say the only time Gibson can get me out is with a curve out. I abuse him with whoever I use, as long as I'm getting "hittable" pitches.

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

WHERE IS THIS 🤬ING GUY?!!
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

I just landed Harper on my second cycle this morning.

I already have Bellinger and Musial, which are basically the same player with the same skills.

Should I just hold onto him and level him up to say, S5 for bonus points?

Disagreers from my post (and I knew there would be quite a few), I won't try to convince you to disregard your own experience, I shouldn't have said definitely.  I'll only speak of my experience this weekend.  

Been using Legend Baines and keeper Hosmer on 5-10 both with the 80 boost, almost equally, about 30 cycles in.  Hosmer has the double RHP so his fully activated skills are a sure thing.  Baines has the sure Late Innings and the Blowout, both maxed out.  

Hosmer is at 751 with the boost and Baines is 830 entering down 7-3.  The final results aren't even close.  Baines is 50/50 at best, Hosmer is batting a good .800 or so.  Very often Baines is getting on base early only to see his production slump when he gets a run or two in.  
    I gave you an 'agree!' :)
    Blowouts is one of my favorite skills in the game but the fact that I use Ted for mop up duties in WoH sums up my opinion. 
    @retirepujols: Jasta Vol 2 came out Friday. Check it out. There's also a great cover of Holy Wars at the end.