WOH Royale Weekend 3.0

Comments

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

I just landed Harper on my second cycle this morning.

I already have Bellinger and Musial, which are basically the same player with the same skills.

Should I just hold onto him and level him up to say, S5 for bonus points?

Even a single (active) skill LL is going to have a significantly higher HIT than most Prime’s.  They’re dirt cheap table setters in my opinion
  • HeadRushHeadRush Registered Users 33 Posts
    Cycled 5 times Friday, once first thing yesterday morning & haven’t made it past 5-9 since. Difficulty was definitely jacked up at some point yesterday 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

WHERE IS THIS 🤬ING GUY?!!
    Here he is 

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Thats unfortunate. You can only purchase him once. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    HeadRush said:
    Cycled 5 times Friday, once first thing yesterday morning & haven’t made it past 5-9 since. Difficulty was definitely jacked up at some point yesterday 
    Yep. This afternoon has been dumb. Dominating all weekend and the past two hours have been nothing but curve outs against Gibson. Six straight games now with the same closer: Batter up, nine straight out of the zone, I “lose”. Lol. For those who struggle with math, that’s FIFTY FOUR straight unhittable “strikes”. Feels like last Monday.

hope this isn’t a sign that we will be bent over tomorrow 

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

HeadRush said:
    Yep. This afternoon has been dumb. Dominating all weekend and the past two hours have been nothing but curve outs against Gibson. Six straight games now with the same closer: Batter up, nine straight out of the zone, I “lose”. Lol. For those who struggle with math, that’s FIFTY FOUR straight unhittable “strikes”. Feels like last Monday.

There’s a 43% of “being bent over” tomorrow. Sometimes knowing it ahead of time lessens the blow. Bring lube. 
    HeadRush said:

There’s a 43% of “being bent over” tomorrow. Sometimes knowing it ahead of time lessens the blow. Bring lube. 
    that’s good. I always get stuck at 37%, so I should have a good day tomorrow 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    @retirepujols: Jasta Vol 2 came out Friday. Check it out. There's also a great cover of Holy Wars at the end.
    For some reason I assumed "holy war" by thy art is murder, was pleasantly surprised (and ashamed in myself) to hear holy wars by Megadeth lol. I appreciate it, but MAN that song is Dave Mustaines 😂 it just feels a little.. dirty.. without him 🤪 isn't that right @DaveMustang
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    And it’s back to normal again. Just cleared two more.

Also, I’d be thrilled with 40% tomorrow!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Locust up to silver 7 and no Harper. Guess he’s not in the cards either. 
    I had another change of heart and actually played WOH a little this weekend and enjoyed it. Got in 10 cycles and may shoot for an 11th here tonight. I have 4 unopened boxes in case I decide to level Harper tomorrow 
    edited December 2019
    HeadRush said:

When you say 37%, do you mean you expect to lose 2/3 of the time, or does this mean you expect to be curved out 2/3 of the time? There is a difference, IMO.

HeadRush said:

When you say 37%, do you mean you expect to lose 2/3 of the time, or does this mean you expect to be curved out 2/3 of the time? There is a difference, IMO.
    It was a joke that 37% is where the game stops loading when the server is down. 

I got a little insight in to your issue yesterday.  Not that Gibson was unbeatable; I still got through 18 times over the weekend.  But rather that I could tell immediately when the round started if I was going to make it through.  It was quite interesting.  Frustrating at times, but at least I had total clarity on if I was going to win or not 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts

I got a little insight in to your issue yesterday.  Not that Gibson was unbeatable; I still got through 18 times over the weekend.  But rather that I could tell immediately when the round started if I was going to make it through.  It was quite interesting.  Frustrating at times, but at least I had total clarity on if I was going to win or not 
    I bet the first pitch was the clue, if it was a curveball you were done, if it was a fastball you were good to go. 

TY. I know I'm not crazy. My entire existence, even outside of TSB, is predicated on how I react to patterns, numbers, etc. It is a friggin blessing and a curse.

I also cleared 15+ times this weekend as well.  Yes, you know what will happen in the round by the first few pitches. I've documented many sequences here, but I can tell you the Royale Sequences were different than HoF bc Gibson's "pitch calling" or whatever it is called was set lower. In HoF last week it was at 80, which means more curve outs are coming.

As much as I complain, the Nine and out is really the most sufficient way to be ousted, honestly. I much prefer that than getting the score to 7-6, have the winning run on third, then get whatever amount of curve outs are needed to "lose" the round.  That is the most brutal way to "lose" and is beyond frustrating. Especially knowing you just need one more straight pitch to tie or win, but nope. Curve out city.

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts

In HoF last week it was at 80, which means more curve outs are coming.

That is incorrect at gold. It's set at 60 max. Did you accidentally go to platinum? You know, WOH is easier there.

I bet the first pitch was the clue, if it was a curveball you were done, if it was a fastball you were good to go. 
    Sort of.  It was the second at bat that was the tell.

if the first at bat was a curve, it was over.  Even if the first was a fastball, it was the second at bat that determined if you were getting it done
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Got Locastro capped at D10 and that's all I was really looking for this weekend.  

Sort of.  It was the second at bat that was the tell.

if the first at bat was a curve, it was over.  Even if the first was a fastball, it was the second at bat that determined if you were getting it done

See, that depends....

Gibson does throw a hittable curve, several of which I have put in the bleachers with Cooper.

The clue is, does that curve cross the heart of the plate?  If so, that is an at bat you can win. The next pitch will also go over the plate. I had several instances this weekend where Gibson threw two hittable curves, then the third one was a straight pitch.

If the first pitch does not cross the heart of the plate, that is your auto out. Gibson also will start an auto out with a "straight" pitch, but it won't go over the plate either....

I legit didn’t get a single hit off a curve on him all weekend.  Not one.  

Welp, just had my first go through with him. Let me off with a curve out. So, I knew the round was lost. Let me get to 6-3, bases loaded, one out, then threw the last two curve outs.

Going with a video reboot now, hoping for the best.

Aaaand exact same pattern again after the video reboot. Led off with a curve out, I got six hits in a row to make it 6-3 with one out, then he promptly curved me out twice to "win".

0-2. This is going to suck so hard if I "lose" like this all day again.

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts

Makes you consider skills toggling in and off and if it really makes a difference since you can see the sequence and follow it to a predicted result    

So yesterday I made the switch to Mathews as my closer against Gibson in Gold. The results were beyond amazing. I really don't get it, TBH.

Cooper killed him all weekend, but couldn't win at Gold last Monday. Cooper went 0-2 yesterday then I switched. After that, I cleared six times with Mathews. Keep in mind, Mathews starts the round with only one skill on. Cooper is always double booked.

Exact same sequences I saw in HoF last week, except this time, it was the winning sequences the majority of the time. First four pitches were straight, I was golden. That happened three times. First three pitches straight, you could still get curved out later, but you knew if you were going to lose when you got the tying run on base. If you saw an immediate curve out when the tying run was on, round over.

I know the sequences by heart now.

I got a late start today with work crap...but was chuckling this evening around 8PM when I suddenly could t beat Gibson.  

I had been 5-5 up to that point.  With 80G on 6.10 it was just automatic; winning with ease.

then suddenly, it just goes nuts.  The last two were so bad it was actually funny.  Ted Williams just got rocked twice in a row.

Has bases loaded with no outs...9 straight curves.  

Video restart....

Down 7-5, 1 out, bases loaded.....6 straight curves....

shut phone off for couple of hours getting kids to bed.  Came back and flew through 4 more rounds with ease.  No shenanigans 

just switched off, the. Back on again

I know those sequences ALL too well.

I know within 5 pitches whether or not I will win the round, because if it is a hittable pitch, I'm getting on base, period.

If he curves you to start the round, especially in HoF, forget it. Just use that round as practice with the few hittable pitches you get.

After that, there are if/then scenarios for at bats 2, 3, and 4. 

If you can reach at bat five with no curves, you will likely not see one the entire round. I love those the most, especially the ones where I just hit singles and win.

I know within 5 pitches whether or not I will win the round, because if it is a hittable pitch, I'm getting on base, period.

If he curves you to start the round, especially in HoF, forget it. Just use that round as practice with the few hittable pitches you get.

If you can reach at bat five with no curves, you will likely not see one the entire round. I love those the most, especially the ones where I just hit singles and win.

I don’t know who’s behind me on this matter, but I believe there is an underlying rng factor that applies to relevant players.  I’ve had freshly pulled players that can outperform those who are well over ranked and established on my roster. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts

I don’t know who’s behind me on this matter, but I believe there is an underlying rng factor that applies to relevant players.  I’ve had freshly pulled players that can outperform those who are well over ranked and established on my roster. 
    Freshies always perform better.

LOL. I don't know about that. I was able to cap Brett last Wednesday and got his skills up to where I had a matchup advantage showing on Gibson. This has never happened for me prior.

I was promptly Nine and Outed