My journey to cycling Woh (Hof)

MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
edited February 2020 in General TSB Discussion
Skills are 14/14. Took me a few restarts and an 80 gold boost. Wasn’t cheap. But was well worth it for a first timer. 

Prev1

Comments

• gocubbiez4417gocubbiez4417 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    Will be curious to se how it goes. Good luck!
    Do or do not, there is no try.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Post your team up please so us followers can see what you’re working with.  
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    edited December 2019
    bigvivec said:
    Post your team up please so us followers can see what you’re working with.  
    Updated 
    Not gonna lie......gonna be tough with the squad where you have it.  I’d focus on capping the legends and go from there.  
    bigvivec said:
    Not gonna lie......gonna be tough with the squad where you have it.  I’d focus on capping the legends and go from there.  
    No one said it was going to be easy  😉 
    edited December 2019
    So this WOH I could beat classic fairly easily. But Brown for All Star curved me out every time. Looks like I have more work to do 👌
    Which number is Brown?

I really don’t pay much attention.......
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    So imo if you can beat classic then stick with that, and cycle as you wish. All star to me is just a bunch of unnecessary work for the same prize. That’s why I just made the jump to HOF (wish I did that sooner)
    can slow play all star with weak half leveled bonus guys for good points though.  
    bigvivec said:
    Which number is Brown?

I really don’t pay much attention.......
    Brown was number 10. The last guy. AKA “The Cheat guy”. My closer had over 100 points + on his overall. All “unhittable” pitches. Couldn’t believe it. Probably because my skills are trash
    FWIW on HOF my finisher is about twice as strong as the 6.10 closer.....I want to say 619 with a boost to 362......still no guarantee for a win though I do win more than lose.  Hang in there.....you flat out needs better squad and that won’t happen overnight.  Build from top down;  replacing your current best isnthe way to go and let the former leading players occupy the middle roster slots.  Good luck!
    352 maybe.  I don’t really pay attention.  
    edited December 2019
    bigvivec said:
    FWIW on HOF my finisher is about twice as strong as the 6.10 closer.....I want to say 619 with a boost to 362......still no guarantee for a win though I do win more than lose.  Hang in there.....you flat out needs better squad and that won’t happen overnight.  Build from top down;  replacing your current best isnthe way to go and let the former leading players occupy the middle roster slots.  Good luck!
    Thanks for the advice 👍. Your platinum as well right? 
    He should be able to close once I get his skills up? 
    Marcuh said:
    bigvivec said:
    Thanks for the advice 👍. Your platinum as well right? 
    Yes......my WOH team is almost all capped legends with good skills leveled to 13/13 minimum and are LHBs for the most part and I still have to grind a bit to get around.  490s are on the bottom row of my WOH lineup page......keep at it but like I said you have some work to do.  
    Marcuh said:
    He should be able to close once I get his skills up? 
    Not ideal skills but CooldownCanadacubs says his posada with the on fire skill was legit and he closed on Monday with him.  RISP is not the best for a closer either but bird in the hand, give it a shot.  
    Time will tell i guess 👍
    edited December 2019
    Just updated my WOH lineup... well today started off good. I cycled 2/2 with Pendleton only using video boosts. Then he went 0-5. With in 20-30 more tries I won a total of 7 times. Now it just curves me out every time. I even tried a 40G boost. I’m not giving in and spending the 80 (I know that’s what the game wants). If it lets me win again great. If not... great. Glad I got my 7 wins in on their dime. Hopefully tomorrow/tonight gets easier
    Marcuh said:
    Just updated my WOH lineup... well today started off good. I cycled 2/2 with Pendleton only using video boosts. Then he went 0-5. With in 20-30 more tries I won a total of 7 times. Now it just curves me out every time. I even tried a 40G boost. I’m not giving in and spending the 80 (I know that’s what the game wants). If it lets me win again great. If not... great. Glad I got my 7 wins in on their dime. Hopefully tomorrow/tonight gets easier
    I 80 boost when I need to;  don’t be too frugal, boosting is a necessary thing sometimes and the payoff is worth the small expenditure.  Try to beat it clean all the time and you’ll get hung up for sure. 
    Cycled it another 10 times, used gold. Still no Harper. Will give it another go tomorrow 
    Today’s WOH I WAS ABLE TO CLEAR All Star I almost beat HOF I guess one could say. I could get to 6.9 then Good ol “Legend” Toby gets curved out like the WOH chump he is 
    I thought this was funny. So I put a scrub in my lineup so I could auto play and get a “for sure” out so I could get more points with my bonus players. But let me tell you. He won more than he lost. For the first 3-5 rounds I would say he went 50 percent regardless of the pitcher. Here is the champ himself 

• JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Toby should not be your 6.9 guy. His skill is vs LHP. You're setting yourself up for failure off the bat
    JCAM80 said:
    Toby should not be your 6.9 guy. His skill is vs LHP. You're setting yourself up for failure off the bat
    I will try bagwell or altuve. All I have at the moment. Can’t use what I don’t have 😂
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Marcuh said:
    JCAM80 said:
    I will try bagwell or altuve. All I have at the moment. Can’t use what I don’t have 😂
    Where are you using Pendleton?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Marcuh said:
    JCAM80 said:
    u should use pendleton and wong as ur 9,10. 
    Marcuh said:
    JCAM80 said:
    u should use pendleton and wong as ur 9,10. 
    I will try this out. Thanks for the feedback. Really helpful. That’s what this thread is for. Im not as experienced as 99 percent of the guys in here. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    @Marcuh be care of Pendleton not ideal unless you can get a hit right off the bat with him with a double. He has let me down a more than a hand full of times. Edmonds is still my most reliable closer if I'm not facing a lhp I'm still figuring out the lhp dilemma with current lineup. The fire skill scares me late in the 5 and 6 tier. I love the switch hitters but that fire skill...😬
    I think my journey just might of got a little easier.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    What kind of LXP are you sitting on?  Where are your other legends in the process of upgrading?