ATG Gehrig VS. SNOW WOH?

STAYB8KEDDSTAYB8KEDD Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
Debating on capping Gehrig, has anyone had luck with him in woh? Would he replace snow as my “Closer” vs Gibson. Let me know! 

Comments

• STAYB8KEDDSTAYB8KEDD Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Capped! 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Gehrig is really not a closer as he won’t have 2 active skills to start. Debates on if skills activate/deactivate are plentiful on this forum. Bottom line is Gehrig will continue to grow as overall max increases.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Edit: If anyone has him capped at gold please post! 
    So you are saying you need an “informer” with regards to a decision with “Snow”?
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

So far, he's the only ATG I'd want for WoH HoF Round 6 purposes besides Jackie, who you wouldn't want to use past 6.7.

Gehrig is not an ideal closer as he will not have both skills active when you start against Gibson. I would use Gherig up to 6.8 and probably 6.9 since you start that one with a man on 2nd.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Lou is better whether its as a closer or any level of woh.  however he isnt an ideal closer
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Everyone is right, he’s not an ideal closer. But he has handled Gibson so far for me. I don’t have a two skill guy above 490 (Edmonds), and he really doesn’t get it done anymore. So Gehrig is my guy. I did cap his RHP skill, which was insanely pricy but seems to have helped. 
    Edit: If anyone has him capped at gold please post! 
    So you are saying you need an “informer” with regards to a decision with “Snow”?
    Basically lol 
    fahhq2 said:
    Gehrig is really not a closer as he won’t have 2 active skills to start. Debates on if skills activate/deactivate are plentiful on this forum. Bottom line is Gehrig will continue to grow as overall max increases.
    He might not be an ideal closer but he is a 540 with one skill that stays active at all times.. would that be better than a two skill 520? 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Depends on the level of skills. At 3% yes, but not at 16%
    fahhq2 said:
    Depends on the level of skills. At 3% yes, but not at 16%
    Ill up his skills obviously lol .. I don’t know if it’ll be 16 but close enough 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

Sir Lou with a vid boost, he can be your finisher 🤤 maybe 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    And again from the free gift..... well shit, there goes my luck for the next month plus...

How are his skills ? 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

How are his skills ? 
    20/20
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    JT Snow has enough meat on his bat to share with your 6-9 batter.  He’s yet to fail me. 
    JT Snow has enough meat on his bat to share with your 6-9 batter.  He’s yet to fail me. 
    Is your team gold? How about his skills 
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Gehrig without a doubt. Williams has been awesome for me as a closer even if just one skill is active. And he will be there up to the end of the year with overall bumps.
  • spoomanspooman Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    Dude is a beast......
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Lou is a beast against Brown. 
    spooman said:
    Dude is a beast......
    Do you use him as your closer?
    snowy24 said:
    Lou is a beast against Brown. 
    Exactly where I used him yesterday.. 
  • Edgar11Edgar11 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    14/15 as my closer. Zero gold used, only video boosts, and skills at 16/16. Before Lou I was using Ted Williams and he was excellent.
    Edgar11 said:
    14/15 as my closer. Zero gold used, only video boosts, and skills at 16/16. Before Lou I was using Ted Williams and he was excellent.
    Is he gold? 
  • Edgar11Edgar11 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Yes, gold 10. Video boost and only one video replay. On the one I lost obviously.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I finally got Lou in a free gift box on Wed and must have had a bad batch. I immediately capped him to G10 16/16 and he's almost the worst hitter on my team. Through 650 games yesterday, his OPS is 1.743 - good for 8th place amongst my hitters. He can't close WoH, so do I just need to wait for the 550 bump? 
    fatDaddy said:
    I finally got Lou in a free gift box on Wed and must have had a bad batch. I immediately capped him to G10 16/16 and he's almost the worst hitter on my team. Through 650 games yesterday, his OPS is 1.743 - good for 8th place amongst my hitters. He can't close WoH, so do I just need to wait for the 550 bump? 
    I don’t have him as my closer, I beat 6.8 Gibson today pretty easily with Him.