The Forum World Series! - Sign up deadline Wednesday 12/11, 3pm eastern

Comments

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    We should do this next time with team strength as the starter..

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited December 2019
    criffy said:
    @blueleopard there's 3 brackets, so there will be 3 winners. if there's only one winner that's getting a gift instead of one for each of the brackets, i'd suggest the gold bracket (not just because that's where i'm at, but maybe ;)) but because it has by far the largest turnout and most even competition, but your call
    Didn't realize that.  Thanks for letting me know.  I'll talk to the team about it.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Is there going to be a losers bracket so we can see who the ultimate loser is. 
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Lol, I’m sure it would be me in the “diamond” bracket 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    criffy said:
    @blueleopard there's 3 brackets, so there will be 3 winners. if there's only one winner that's getting a gift instead of one for each of the brackets, i'd suggest the gold bracket (not just because that's where i'm at, but maybe ;)) but because it has by far the largest turnout and most even competition, but your call
    Didn't realize that.  Thanks for letting me know.  I'll talk to the team about it.
    Now 3 people will each get 1/3 of a sticker 
  • numb3r5numb3r5 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Is it too late to get in on this? Im a silver player and would be keen to get involved if possible?
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited December 2019
    @numb3r5 given that we have one guy with two teams in the silver bracket, I think it should work out. Do you have line? Add me if you do - mastacriff. Otherwise private message me. @cooldowncanadacubs @BigBibbins333 @fahhq2 assuming you are ok with this. @fahhq2 you got to pick one team if this is the case

Edit: may be too late. I know one match has already started. Not sure about the other
    Update: the tourney has run surprisingly smoothly thus far. Gold bracket is moving along well ahead of mandated pace. Diamond guys seem to be moving their bracket along too. Silver seems like the laggard but they only have 2 rounds to play and I know one of the matches is in progress.

Hope everyone who has participated so far is having fun! Good luck all!
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    @criffy both matches have completed one game and it is slow going. I’d be up for the winner of the silver tourney playing @Numb3rs for the championship. What say the others? As long as there is a prize for all 3 brackets..
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    that would be me.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    Well, I expected to get trucked. And. I got trucked. Good times though. Thank you @criffy for putting this together. Awesome idea!
    We have a winner in the Silver bracket...

Congrats man 
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    I lost to the best team...there is a bit of consolation in that. Congrats Champ!
    edited December 2019
    I lost to the best team...there is a bit of consolation in that. Congrats Champ!
    It means way more when he plays himself! Congrats @fahhq2 on winning the silver bracket!

edit: here are the results:

Thanks guys! Are there any other Silver squads that would like to play?
    edited December 2019
    fahhq2 said:
    Thanks guys! Are there any other Silver squads that would like to play?
    I’m platinum, but I confuse silver and platinum all the time. Potato potato. I will play ya 😜... in a seriousness though, any platinum teams that would like to challenge me I would love to play a platinum team. Or a gold team if your up for it. I will send an in game gift to whoever beats me. If your gold I will send two 😜
    I must have joined 13 silver clubs before I could finally get into a platinum one. My eyes are not what they used to be!!!
    this is my thread, my tourney, my idea - so this is my business. have at it elsewhere, just please don't bring your keyboard arguments to this particular thread. that is all. thank you.

on the tourney front, the silver winner is @fahhq2. gold tourney continues to move along. most matchups are in the elite 8 phase of the tourney, some still in the sweet 16 round. the diamond bracket has its first finalist @Horse42 with @Mattattack playing @retirepujols in the other semi... if pujols wins, i reckon there may be some custom stickers in his future... one can only hope
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    We are getting underway today :)
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Ah, crap.  My opponent pulled and capped that 540 Perry on offer today.  That's me cooked!
    Metsicans said:
    Ah, crap.  My opponent pulled and capped that 540 Perry on offer today.  That's me cooked!
    I heard @retirepujols pulled and capped him, skills included, just for this tournament. He really wants those free stickers. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    I heard @retirepujols pulled and capped him, skills included, just for this tournament. He really wants those free stickers. 
    Someone disagreed with facts.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Who wants a rematch with the Gaylord

Who wants a rematch with the Gaylord

I’ll play!  No handicap
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I agree with @Bigpredfan, no handicap! 😂 I'm getting smoked by @Mattattack 🥵
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Congrats to @awesomepossum9 who won a 5 game nail-biter, 1-0 in Game 5. 

The fifth game dramatically shined a late on skill-gate, because my skills were inactive the entire game.  Without those skill boosts, I had no chance against Gaylord Perry.  Top of the 9th, my worst hitter comes up, but at least he has double active Late Innings skill...nope, skills not active.  Argh.  

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Uhh, those look pretty active to me....what am I missing?

why are the icons illuminated but the boosts not applied?
    edited December 2019

I don’t see them activated. Stats look
    normal 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

Bgs/seasonals/tourneys/prime games are very inconsistent. Sometimes, the boosts icon will light up and work, sometimes they will light up and not work(like the one pictured in @Metsicans' post. Other times, it will not light up at all. It's been that way ever since skills were introduced and unfortunately, it didn't get addressed in '19. Fwiw, no such issues are known for WoH and CvC.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.