Gherig ATG: Is He Worth Capping?

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Well, be careful what you wish for. I've said here a few times the only ATG I wanted would be Gherig, and I got him. LOL

Should I? 

PS - GLU knows I can cap him if I buy a FP.  I have 250K LxP

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Comments

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    yes. definitely cap him. but please learn how to spell the iron horse's name correctly first
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    #duh    Nice pull sir
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    He’s great for 6.9, 5.9...but I would jump during the weekend and level him or get field pass...that 3x lxp is allot but well worth it 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

The FP this week is likely more ideal for me. 30% and I'll likely hit more milestones.

Dammit I swore I wouldn't spend anymore money, but after my joyful experience yesterday, GLU got me.

They know what they are doing and now I'm freaked out about it. LOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If you're okay with cheat mode, go ahead and cap him. Otherwise, no need to level the most valuable player in tsb. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    What kind of Jedi mind frickery are you relaying here? 

• lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    I don’t understand why you would spend on fp while you’ll get the same discount for free this weekend in a discount club
    Club? 

A club that will get first place in Thursday event. They will have 30 % discount on players leveling all weekend. Applies on all weekend bonus players.
    Ah! But I don’t wanna wait. Lol

this is special

If you also buy weekend fp, that makes a 50 % total discount. To fully cap him with skills at 20/20, it will cost you about 200k lxp and a bit less than 10k gold.
    Oh damn. Ok.

Where does this happen? 

• MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Oh damn. Ok.

Where does this happen? 
    He told you the when. Just didn’t tell you the where 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Just had a 6 game streak with Gehrig going 63 for 75 including 1 game with an impressive 19 for 19!!!
  • STAYB8KEDDSTAYB8KEDD Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    You have to! 
    Guys post these clubs on global all weekend long. They just ask for a few points in exchange. 

Since you already got the player you want to level, I’d suggest you to leave your club after Thursday, so you can get in at the beginning of event on Friday. Then leave and wait 6 hours to come back in your club way before the first cvc.

you won’t have access to weekend rewards, but who cares !
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    He’s amazing 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Or you can spend $100 for 40 2% chances at Hank Aaron 

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    They really ruined Hank with those skills. Gehrig is by far the best skill combo of the current ATGs, imo. 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Pretty well hopeless as a closer. Might as well be double Risp
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    I thought when Aaron was first released he was vs righties and MOB. Was I just seeing things?
    I was close, he was vs righty and RISP when first released. Now he's MOB and RISP. 

https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2019/discussion/5455388/new-atg-hammerin-hank#latest
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited December 2019
    I actually don't mind that Hank got his vsRHP skill replaced by MoB. That makes him more versatile for WoH as you can now use him vs LHP too with both skills active at the start of the round.
    I posted this in the wrong thread earlier, but I leveled him last night. I bought FP last week when Glu rewarded everyone with the overall prizes, so the ROI there and yesterday was worth it. Plus I'm already almost to 150M points. I have a solid high-point-getter for the rest of the week too. I'll surely get the 500M mark.

• Mickey01023Mickey01023 Registered Users 54 Posts
    It might not be super smart to do him now w/ hank Aaron dropping for the masses now. But if he doesn’t gum up the works then yeah it’ll be the best thing u do all year. The guy has been the highest bonus player every day in every category day for like almost 2 weeks that I’ve noticed since I got em & maxed em out. He whacks the jack & has decent skills for games... yeah YOU might not be able to do 6/6-10
     w: him in walk off but the other 3 or 4 parts of the game where u get points for the daily & the field pass u can almost get all the tiers done if u hustle.

i have him & ted & I found a way to be top 10 or 25 everyday in the standings, if the cool down was lowered to 6 hours I’d be able to get top 5 every day from me just pounding it
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    It might not be super smart to do him now w/ hank Aaron dropping for the masses now. But if he doesn’t gum up the works then yeah it’ll be the best thing u do all year. The guy has been the highest bonus player every day in every category day for like almost 2 weeks that I’ve noticed since I got em & maxed em out. He whacks the jack & has decent skills for games... yeah YOU might not be able to do 6/6-10
     w: him in walk off but the other 3 or 4 parts of the game where u get points for the daily & the field pass u can almost get all the tiers done if u hustle.

i have him & ted & I found a way to be top 10 or 25 everyday in the standings, if the cool down was lowered to 6 hours I’d be able to get top 5 every day from me just pounding it
    The cooldown is lowered to 6 hours.  It's still something that shouldn't even be in the game though.
    Just no.  
    @1994EXPOS my point was more about them changing his skills after release rather than the value of righty vs MOB skills. 
    I hate that Glu continues to change players after release. Complete BS IMO.

But we've known that Glu has zero integrity for awhile now.
    if There gonna change someone change Jackie’s close skill to vs, or rally...
    Haha I hit agree before noticing the rally remark at the end. Isn't rally just a crappier version of the already weak close skill? 
    I meant men on base...my bad