WOH Closer?

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
I have this guy sitting in my inactives now and am wondering if anyone has him leveled to D10. Would he be a viable WOH closer for HOF? My 470 Max Wong at D10 only beats Gibson 50% of the time. I don’t have the LXP to max Musial, who would be my next best guy.

Comments

• MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    From what I’ve heard/seen, no he would not be a WOH closer. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I got him and haven't done anything to him since I have Bellinger.

If you believe in blowout for WoH, go for it. The reviews on that are now pretty mixed.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I have Cey with RHP/Blowout maxed at 500 and he raked when Babe was in there a few weeks back. I do believe in the blowout skill staying active throughout the round. Hell, Cey is who I was using against Nolan Ryan yesterday and he didn’t disappoint. If Blowout didn’t stay active throughout the round, there’s no way he could have beat Nolan all those times.
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    edited December 2019
    I’ve been using JT Snow (Informer 🎶) on 6-10 for 2 weeks now, skills at 16/16.   No issues whatsoever with him. For the most part, I feel it has more to do with certain waves of RNG that determines the outcome. I’m silver, so 2 cycles is really all I expect. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    This falls into the gray area of TSB baseball.   I dont think blowout is a good woh skill but others think differently 
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    edited December 2019
    I have him at D10, but too many better options (520s +), so he's used around x.5 or x.6 . Same skills on 520 Reggie Smith boosted to 18/18 got me 13 HOF cycles yesterday, so if you took 510 Harper to 20/20 I think he could close. I've been trusting in blowout skill finishers for months and other than the level5 pitcher debacle,  they have yet to be a letdown... Harper's Hit & Power are a bit less favorable, but that 2% boost to each skill could be an offset
    Thanks, @JCAM80 for that. That’s exactly what I was looking for. 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Blowout is a tier three closing skill. It’s very doable, esp if your ok paying for restarts but far from ideal. 

From my experience 

tier 1 : rhp / late inning 
    tier 2  : mob / ( hot hitter , limited testing , know more on Monday )
    tier 3 blowout 

perfect closer would be double tier 1 
    better closer would be a tier 1 and tier 2
    doable closer would be a tier 1 and tier 3

( first pitch and lead off not tested ) 

you always need a tier one skill to consider. Higher players max level and skill the  better he is
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    This right here will be the ultimate test on Monday. Wonder what the results will be with an 80 gold boost 

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    This right here will be the ultimate test on Monday. Wonder what the results will be with an 80 gold boost 

Yup I’m doing the same. I’ll have him at 20/20 after today
    I think the important thing is that skills activating/deactivating doesnt necessarily tie into be able to clear or not.

When I say I think blowout deactivates mid round, that doesnt mean I believe its impossible to clear 6.10 when using a guy with the blowout skill.   It means I think your batters skills diminish causing either less powerful hits (bloop singles) or less of a chance of seeing a hittable pitch sequence.   Again just my two cents.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

Ladies, gentlemen, and @Bigpredfan; we have a unicorn. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts

The next Kruk monster.  I want all of that.
    Just no.  
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

I don’t know how to take being singled out. I’m 100% sure I fall I to the gentlemen category, but appreciate the attention

I beat Gibson enough with Mathews yesterday to garner the LxP needed to cap him at G10, 13/13.

I faced Gibson once with Brett.....and low and behold a matchup advantage popped up on the screen. I was promptly curved out in nine straight. After a laugh and a video reboot, Gibson didn't throw a single cheat out and I won in six straight hits with Brett.

I was too tired to try again.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts

Got heeem...My first real Unicorn..Please dont let him shit his pants in public or in game again.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• ScottsdalesmashScottsdalesmash Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    edited December 2019

I know it's not most of you guys' levels but super happy I have him.  I'll have him capped at Gold 10 by Monday.  That double Vrhp!
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Charge yo damn phone @Scottsdalesmash !!!!
    I hope GLU doesn't screw us all and put in a 580 Righty as the 6.10 closer

• ScottsdalesmashScottsdalesmash Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    Charge yo damn phone @Scottsdalesmash !!!!
    Lol.  Charging now
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    My first crack at Gibson with a G10 20/20 Brett was a one hit, curved out session with a video boost. That was painful.

did beat it on the video retry easily, but I have to admit I wasn’t pleased by my first try.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Oh golly.  If I spent the resources to get him to 20/20 and got that on my first try, I might have quit the game forever.

yesterday was one of the biggest swings in difficulty I’ve seen recently from round to round.

id have back to back rounds of winning 6.10 with zero outs....and then 9 straight curves the next time I tried cycling.
    No doubt Brett is the Mariano Rivera of TSB.  #closer
    My first crack at Gibson with a G10 20/20 Brett was a one hit, curved out session with a video boost. That was painful.

did beat it on the video retry easily, but I have to admit I wasn’t pleased by my first try.

See my post a few spots up. Even showed a matchup advantage, which I have NEVER seen for Gibson before, even with Mathews.

Despite this advantage, which was double, I saw the same results you did. LOL

It is all about RNG.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

It is all about RNG.

It's always about rng. Fortunately, we can give ourselves favorable odds. For the time being, nobody gives you better odds, vs a righty, than Mr. George Brett!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    I hope GLU doesn't screw us all and put in a 580 Righty as the 6.10 closer
    My money is on the new Gaylord Perry throwing spitballs every pitch.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I just saw who mondays closer is going to be...we're all screwed...
    Image result for eddie harris major league
    None other than Vagisil, Jalapeno Snot ball..himself
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Probably why they finally gave us a Brett.