WOH Skills Testing/Data

Comments

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    i guess I just have a hard time believing GLU is going to release such a ridiculously powerful skill.

It's not really that so much as the fact that I am now certain that skills deactivating works just fine, but skills actually activating when they are supposed to does not. Pretty shady.
    If that was the case Mathews would not have gone 14/19 for me on monday
    So basically HH is sort of like a super charged men on base skill?
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Also it was five times over course of the day and I had video restart each time except once , one gold restart over 12 hours is amazing. I would have to do 10 plus with avs
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited December 2019
    MoenPDC said:
    The times I always started off with one set of curveballs. Two of the times it was two sets of curveballs. He was almost untouchable after that first hit 

I also have Mathews so now I think I have to use him and keep track of this.

Did you see my rather large sample size using Red Schoendeist, though? I think that's much better than using Mathews, who has at least one skill active the entire round. It muddies things up a bit.

I didn’t believe until @criffy told me to use Mathews. I now regret using blowout batters for so long . 
    MoenPDC said:
    I didn’t believe until @criffy told me to use Mathews. I now regret using blowout batters for so long . 

Where do you have his skills? Reggie is probably a little better than 14/19 (73%) but I'm willing to upgrade Mathews skills to try him out tomorrow.
  • louisawesomelouisawesome Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    I’ve kind of lost track of this thread...so what skills should I be using for my closers?  I’ve been using Musial at gold with 17/17 skills and he’s been good for me.  His skills are blowout and righties.
    edited December 2019
    I’ve kind of lost track of this thread...so what skills should I be using for my closers?  I’ve been using Musial at gold with 17/17 skills and he’s been good for me.  His skills are blowout and righties.

I think blowout is still a good skill for a closer because by the time the score is < 4 runs difference you probably have a couple guys on base and only need (at most maybe 4 more hits) to get it done. Batting average drops, but not significantly. Reggie Smith goes from .838 to .696 when blowout turns off so while he's less effective, he can still reasonably get you through the round more times than not.
    Re Hot Hitter @MoenPDC

I would love to see a side by side test, with a good sample size of two identically rated players....with two different skills.

I think it actually would work very well with the LL Bellinger and Yelich.  Both have one skill that stays on for sure.  Then Yelich has a skill that may or may not activate.

Something like 20 tests each with both vs the same pitcher Could probably answer pretty definitively if that hot hitter actually turns on or not
    edited December 2019
    @TheFullMonte RE: Hot Hitter

On Monday I kept track using Cooper on 6.8 with skills 16/16 and a 40 boost every time (because he needed it, he sucked so bad). His #s were:

Before 1st hit - 20/31  (.645 avg)
    After 1st hit - 45/71 (.634 avg)

That's a *decent* sample. He just wasn't very good overall (with only one skill active the entire time) and you can see from the results that it doesn't seem like that skill ever activated for me.

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    While I have not actually done any data on it, I am a firm believer that hot hitter does not activate during WOH. Here is my reason why: 
    I have a Max 420 Arraez at D10 with skills (vs RHP & Late innings) at 16/16. 
    I also have a Max 430 Cabrera at D10 with skills (Late innings & Hot hitter) at 16/16.
    Arraez beats 6-7 on HOF with video boost about 90% of the time. Cabrera on the other hand only beats 6-6 about 25% of the time with video boost and I wouldn’t even consider using him at 6-7. 
    These are just my observations, and anyone that has any positive WOH experiences with the hot hitter skill, I would love to hear them.
    That Hot Hitter is just such a tease.  It makes guys monsters in every other mode.  Cooper is batting .733 in 322 AB’s since I leveled him Monday.  But he’s not even in consideration for me right now above 6.6 in WOH
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I'm just waiting for the game to turn off whatever they did to make Mathews an absolute machine. Even if there weren't guys on base, he *clearly* assumed there were, and mashed the shit out of everything thrown his way. 
    What skill level do you guys have for Mathews? I never used him as a closer so only have him 16/16 but would up him a few to close if needed. Everyone's success using him has me intrigued.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    What skill level do you guys have for Mathews? I never used him as a closer so only have him 16/16 but would up him a few to close if needed. Everyone's success using him has me intrigued.
    I have him at D9 and 20/20. Love him. He is normally over 50% for me, closer to 2/3 most of the time 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    MoenPDC said:

Where do you have his skills? Reggie is probably a little better than 14/19 (73%) but I'm willing to upgrade Mathews skills to try him out tomorrow.
    20/20 .....I bring everyone I use to 20/20
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited December 2019
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    MoenPDC said:
    The times I always started off with one set of curveballs. Two of the times it was two sets of curveballs. He was almost untouchable after that first hit 

I also have Mathews so now I think I have to use him and keep track of this.

Did you see my rather large sample size using Red Schoendeist, though? I think that's much better than using Mathews, who has at least one skill active the entire round. It muddies things up a bit.

I too was aboard the Mathews train Monday going 10/13. I was 7/7 then took a two hour hiatus until 9pm or so at which point he went 3/6. There was only one cycle in the first 7 that I received the unhittable pitch sequence first but was still able to pull it off. The last 3 however each one was unhittable's first and required vid restart which coincidentally was then nothing but fastballs.

The good thing about 6.10 is that aside from the first AB you will never NOT have a man on base if you don't make an out because you can't as of yet hit homers off Gibson.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    I've got Mathews at 16/16 and he's been 65-70% or so for me (11/17 two mondays ago and 13/20 this past monday) I am gold though.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited December 2019
    criffy said:
    I've got Mathews at 16/16 and he's been 65-70% or so for me (11/17 two mondays ago and 13/20 this past monday) I am gold though.
    I only have him at 14/14. He was red-hot the last few events, but I must have jinxed him. He's 0-for-3 so far today. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited December 2019
    *this discussion has been closed by George Brett*
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    criffy said:
    Are you doing gold boosts at these percentages ? After reading this thread, guess I need to adjust my expectations. 
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Y'all are making me tempted to upgrade that 510 Jose Cruz
    *this discussion has been closed by George Brett*
    Hahaha. I just pulled him too after capping cooper. Going to take me three weeks to get on the Brett train unless next weekend royale is a 7 tower lxp fest
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    COWPILEY said:
    criffy said:
    Are you doing gold boosts at these percentages ? After reading this thread, guess I need to adjust my expectations. 
    @COWPILEY i 80g boost 6.9 & 6.10. Save the video restart for 6.10 if possible. That's how I cycle cap from s9 or s10 every week with about 3-4k in gold spent
    I think today definitively laid to rest any notion that Hot Hitter turns on in WOH.  I believe that matter is now settled.

Cecil Cooper 2.0 now remains a very expensive table setters for 6.5 and 6.6
    I think today definitively laid to rest any notion that Hot Hitter turns on in WOH.  I believe that matter is now settled.

Cecil Cooper 2.0 now remains a very expensive table setters for 6.5 and 6.6
    That’s very vague. What level, what are skills at? 

I tested foster yesterday ( double hot hitter ) at 6.6 with skills set to 16/16 and there was a huge difference between the start of the ab and the first hit. Like going from ludicrous amounts of curves to finishing off with homers . 

It was a small sample size but enough where I capped him at diamond and went 20/20 on him. 
    Skills either turn on / off or don’t. 
    Capped at G10....Late at 16, Hot Hitter at 12

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Hmm. When I hear the guys hear talking about great closers and 16+ skills, I envisioned a guy who would win 90% of the time with nothing more than a video boost. Not sure why...just naive I guess. I’ve learned a LOT from the guys in this forum.

With my 5/5 against Gibson today, that makes 22-2 against Gibson in the last 3 events using 510 Cooper at G10 with 13/13 skills.  Maybe a small sample compared to cycle cappers. I use the 80g boost only on the final round and if no video replay is available. I win a lot of the time with just the video boost with the replay in reserve. Seriously starting to wonder if it is all RNG and if any of this (overall, skills) makes much difference once you get to a certain point as guys dominate for a while and then don’t against the same pitcher.

On the the other hand, I’m losing a lot at HOF 6.9 (Brown) or Royale 5.9 (Ford) using video boost. Never wanted to spend gold on those levels but maybe need to think about that. Thanks. 
  • Edgar11Edgar11 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Over the weekend And Monday went 14/15 against Gibson with Gehrig, skills at 16 🤷‍♂️ Gold 10
    Skills 20/20 or doesn’t count  B)
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Same here @COWPILEY, I try not to say anything but being ~60% using an 80g boost is not my idea of a closer/finisher/beast, that's my idea of someone that needs to be replaced/upgraded. Give me ~85%+ with a video boost and we're talking about a guy. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71