WOH Skills Testing/Data

124Next

Comments

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Same here @COWPILEY, I try not to say anything but being ~60% using an 80g boost is not my idea of a closer/finisher/beast, that's my idea of someone that needs to be replaced/upgraded. Give me ~85%+ with a video boost and we're talking about a guy. 
    You and Biz are Dewayne Wade.  “Hanging our with athletes will ruin your life!”

This is how this conversation goes:

Me:  RP!  I got all my skills to 16/16!
    You Guys:  20/20 or doesn’t count
    Me:  I don’t have the gold for that!
    YG:  ball out!  Stop being a bitch!
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    Skills either turn on / off or don’t.

☝🏼I guess it’s settled now. Such a profound statement!!! So perfectly stated that I don’t know why any debate can continue to exist. Thank you @MoenPDC
    Wondering if @jackie25 can add any more enlightenment. If so, I’d be on this bandwagon. 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I used a D10 Foster with skills at 16/16 on 5.8 yesterday and he raked - but what I found interesting was that  "Great Matchup" would flash at the beginning of the AB even though hot hitter started off, which left me with a 586 hit rating vs a 464 stuff rating.  I've never put much stock in the "Great Matchup" thing, but clearly something in the coding is taking the hot hitter skills into account because otherwise a 122 differential is terrible.  
  • riblessx5riblessx5 Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    I just don’t believe they toggle in WOH at all.  If on the second pitch I recognize that I’m in a given preset sequence with a predetermined result, knowing this cause I’ve gone through the same exact scenario sequence many times...............if I know the sequence/if it is predetermined, there is no toggling as the scenario has been chosen prior to the first pitch.  If there was active AI involved that reacted to each pitch and adjusted the RNG accordingly we would have unique at bats almost every time and anybody who plays WOH knows that is not the case.  
    I feel like in every level that the pitches are set as a course by what way you bat,  L/R/B.  Of course the early levels, 1-3, rounds 1-10, the pitches are almost identical in sequence, making Auto play winnable at most of the rounds. HOWEVER, if you end up going LHB with a LHP then those sequences change from my perspective. Rounds are still easy to dominate as the pitches remain constant for fastballs and some curves, and having dominate Skills (increase stats past 7th inning)
    Now with the higher levels, primarily level 6,  if I chose a LHB to a LHP it's a 95% probability I'll lose. The skills are something I'm trying to figure out for each batter to pitcher. I won't do "up or down by 4 runs" until round 10, but I'm still seeing a quality skill, besides WOH skills, like "1st pitch or after 1 hit", but, it works well with one pitcher it doesnt mean it'll work with the next. 

What skills will dominate pitcher skills like their"7th inning stat increase" or "2 outs stat increase", etc.?

And importantly, if my batter LHB has "stat increase against RHP, and the pitcher has "stat increase against LHB" will my batters skills become ineffective?
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited December 2019
    riblessx5 said:
    bigvivec said:
    I just don’t believe they toggle in WOH at all.  If on the second pitch I recognize that I’m in a given preset sequence with a predetermined result, knowing this cause I’ve gone through the same exact scenario sequence many times...............if I know the sequence/if it is predetermined, there is no toggling as the scenario has been chosen prior to the first pitch.  If there was active AI involved that reacted to each pitch and adjusted the RNG accordingly we would have unique at bats almost every time and anybody who plays WOH knows that is not the case.  
    I feel like in every level that the pitches are set as a course by what way you bat,  L/R/B.  Of course the early levels, 1-3, rounds 1-10, the pitches are almost identical in sequence, making Auto play winnable at most of the rounds. HOWEVER, if you end up going LHB with a LHP then those sequences change from my perspective. Rounds are still easy to dominate as the pitches remain constant for fastballs and some curves, and having dominate Skills (increase stats past 7th inning)
    Now with the higher levels, primarily level 6,  if I chose a LHB to a LHP it's a 95% probability I'll lose. The skills are something I'm trying to figure out for each batter to pitcher. I won't do "up or down by 4 runs" until round 10, but I'm still seeing a quality skill, besides WOH skills, like "1st pitch or after 1 hit", but, it works well with one pitcher it doesnt mean it'll work with the next. 

What skills will dominate pitcher skills like their"7th inning stat increase" or "2 outs stat increase", etc.?

And importantly, if my batter LHB has "stat increase against RHP, and the pitcher has "stat increase against LHB" will my batters skills become ineffective?

JEDDDOGGY said:
    bigvivec said:
    I appreciate the data tracking and was fun to read.  However, I disagree that data from one game mode can be assumed for another.   

Yes, and I totally agree. What I did was meant to be useful for WOH only.
    It’s entirely based on how good your lineup is and how high your skills are leveled.  Ideal matchups include stacked skills that always fire for every pitch and opposing arm batter/pitcher pairing. However, the  stronger your player and the bigger gap between you and the pitcher the higher likelihood you will pull a winning RNG pitch sequence.  

Some players are special, some are nerfed.....some skills don’t appear to activate as they should.  This is the grey area Jedd is testing.  
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    hit hitter hit hitter doesn’t work. I hoped it would. After three cycles I went back to Mathews on Monday and Wednesday of last week and out Cecil back to 6.7. He did fine there with video but probably because he’s jacked up to 20/20

disappointing . I have Brett capped and 20/2 for tomm though so all is good
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Mathews and Brett are special......some players just have “it”.   I have yet to lose with 16/16 Brett in closing (or anywhere) in WOH across all of last week and the weekend.  Hoping Kingman has the same cheat code.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Have folks concluded that Hot Hitter is not as good for WOH as it should be ? Conclusions seem to be pointing to pitch sequence determined at start so HH late to the party does not help. Correct ?What about Blowout with the new HOF difficulty increasing the number of levels where BO is active at the beginning. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    COWPILEY said:
    Have folks concluded that Hot Hitter is not as good for WOH as it should be ? Conclusions seem to be pointing to pitch sequence determined at start so HH late to the party does not help. Correct ?What about Blowout with the new HOF difficulty increasing the number of levels where BO is active at the beginning. 
    Hot hitter does NOT “turn on” during WOH.

I am however fairly convinced that the skill level of the player you select to start to the round DOES impact the RNG sequence you see, regardless of that skill being active or not.

in a torturously simplistic fashion, my theory is that the RNG determines the pitch sequence you see.  The multiplied hit rating after your round begins effects what you are then able to do with those pitches.  (Tin foil hat off)