540 switch hitting legend...

DomerHomerDomerHomer Registered Users, Member 76 Posts
Anyone else seeing Larry Bowa in the New Years box? Would have included a screen shot, but I’m having technical difficulties. 
Prev1

Comments

• DomerHomerDomerHomer Registered Users, Member 76 Posts

• DomerHomerDomerHomer Registered Users, Member 76 Posts
    Sorry, didn’t screen shot the whole box. It was under the deal on the main screen. Now it’s gone, at least for me. 
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    I just got him. Cheers!
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Now that is a player worth chasing!
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    How'd you guys get him... I want... 
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    The New Year's box. There was a limited  time offer on the home screen for 3k gold and a bunch of different boxes. The New Year's box was one of them. I'm guessing they will be in the regular store tomorrow?
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    The New Year's box. There was a limited  time offer on the home screen for 3k gold and a bunch of different boxes. The New Year's box was one of them. I'm guessing they will be in the regular store tomorrow?
    I’m thinking at least the weekend before we see those boxes. Reason is that in a different screenshot it showed a new LL available. Arenado should be the LL through Thursday 
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Yeah I bought that package too seeing Bowa there, but I got squat lol. Nice pull @BigBibbins333
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I saw it too and wanted it, but I have 540 Brett with double righty and 540 Harrah with After7/Lefty. So, I have a closer from each side. It was tempting though, due to all the stuff that came with it as well.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• jerrye23jerrye23 Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    I bought it and got  the Bowa. The boxes said ends in 8 days, It looks like it will be next Monday and Tuesdays box. They probably put it up early by mistake, since Bowa did not have a face.
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    edited December 2019
    Assuming he’s in boxes soon, is Bowa keeper material? Even if say max legends reach 600? I got some ATG and undecided if I wanna chase Bowa
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    eman0023 said:
    Assuming he’s in boxes soon, is Bowa keeper material? Even if say max legends reach 600? I got some ATG and undecided if I wanna chase Bowa
    If you play a lot of WOH, a 540 switch hitting legend with the double late innings skill definitely makes him a keeper. He’ll have tremendous WOH value for the rest of TSB19. I have a maxed 490 Jim Edmonds with 2 always-active skills when facing a RHP, and he is still valuable at all levels of WOH even though we are now in the 540s. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts

So assuming this will be Monday or Wednesday box?
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I’m hearing rumors Bowa isn’t in the box Monday
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    How would anyone respond to that?
    LOL........yanking your chain.......so anyway, here’s rumor fodder..............over/under we ever see Bowa or will he be replaced with RHB Pee Wee per TSB-leaks?!

Now here’s a scenario to break the game.......if the box gets changed to pee wee, will all those that were lucky enough to win Bowa going to get to keep him or will those owners wake up to find their prized Bowa changed to Peewee?!  Serious business here @blueleopard ......better have an emergency meeting on this one.

Definitely will get to keep him.. right 😳 glu wouldn’t  do that 🤔?  I find it more interesting that they are both short stops as I planned on chasing bowa.. if pee wee is released tomorrow I may have to pass in hopes of chasing bowa later. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Meh never mind  I’m silver... chasem... pullem.. levelem 💪🏻
    edited December 2019
    They commonly keep position and skills but shift the player in the box at the last minute.   Difference is the rhb vs switch.   
    @bigvivec right true... big difference tho 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Heartbreakingly different!
  • digdug2626digdug2626 Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    How much for that box?

• Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    If it is a right-handed hitting PeeWee, I’ll have zero interest. But a switch-hitting Bowa - I’m all in. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    That’s going to be the biggest pile of horse shit Glu has ever dumped on us if they switch Bowa to Pee Wee after already releasing him to some players that were lucky enough to snag that limited time deal. Also I still haven’t been compensated for the Beard Oil box catastrophe. 
    That’s going to be the biggest pile of horse shit Glu has ever dumped on us if they switch Bowa to Pee Wee after already releasing him to some players that were lucky enough to snag that limited time deal.

Also I still haven’t been compensated for the Beard Oil box catastrophe. 
    LOL

• riblessx5riblessx5 Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    I had picked up Pee Wee a few months back. It's the "All-Star Game" Legend Edition 470 Max. He may not be a switch hitter, but his stats don't disappoint and every SS I've come across isn't even close. However, Bowan has the advantage on hitting but it's dealer's choice. 
    Toby Harrah and Omar Visquel owners might dispute.....
  • BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    I keep checking my team to make sure Bowa hasn't had a Face/Off style change. I cant imagine how they could do that since I put all the resources and gold into him because hes a switch hitting SS with Double late innings, not because hes a RH batter.  That changes everything including if/how much I level him up.

The plot thickens..............

• Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    edited December 2019
    If they don't offer switch hitting 540 max Bowa to the general public, that would be straight garbage. I can't believe they would do that. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    If they don't offer switch hitting 540 max Bowa to the general public, that would be straight garbage. I can't believe they would do that. 
    FWIW he was available to the general public when they released that box a week or so ago for purchase. I didn't land him but got Lester who I assume will be in this box as well.