Issues with Samsung s-series devices

SBxIronmanSBxIronman Registered Users, Member 49 Posts
After gathering feedback here and via a Facebook, I have found I am far from the only person affected by a new issue following the latest forced update. This problem occurs when watching videos or accessing the in game ticket system. The screen switches/flickers back and forth between the game and the videos, which continues anywhere from 30 seconds to indefinitely. This prevents players using these devices from collecting gold, earning boosts or restarting things like WOH rounds.

I engaged CS in a discussion on this topic, and their expert solution was to buy a new phone. That is unacceptable,  given that these features were working prior to the update, and the issue has been confirmed to affect the Galaxy s9 phone, which is a relatively new phone. I have video taken of the flickering, but any testing done should quickly replicate the issue.

Comments

• MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    I'm playing on the s9 plus with zero issues 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    LOL.......CS told you to buy a new phone?!?
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    S8+ working incredibly well... 
  • SBxIronmanSBxIronman Registered Users, Member 49 Posts
    Yup, they did indeed actually say that. Well, one of them did. There was an s9 user that responded in a Facebook group thread who is seeing the flickering issue. But it’s good that it’s not all of them
  • BMITCHELL81BMITCHELL81 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I used to have the same problems with my Samsung but the newest update fixed all my issues.  Someone that also had a Samsung device told me that if you register info it clears up the glitch some how idk if it was that or the update. 
    This is still killing my ability to play the game. WOH is risky at best, since videos don’t provide rewards (restarts, boosts, etc), even if they somehow manage to complete, which usually takes 2-3 minutes per attempt. It’s brutal.
  • JoeFromThePubJoeFromThePub Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    This is still killing my ability to play the game. WOH is risky at best, since videos don’t provide rewards (restarts, boosts, etc), even if they somehow manage to complete, which usually takes 2-3 minutes per attempt. It’s brutal.
    Have you had any luck since posting this? I have the exact same issue with my Samsung S6. Everything was working just fine until the update. I contacted CS via their email contact button because the in-game option via Settings flickers to the point I have to close out. Even when I get a video to load after letting it sit for 2 minutes I don't get credit for it (i.e. the video achievements are unobtainable now). It's making the game hard to play because I can't use a boost or continue a high round on CvC and WoH is no fun when you get to Round 10 and there's no way to get a free replay via videos. CS told me I probably don't have enough RAM even though videos work just fine on Words With Friends 2 AND they work on Tap Sports Baseball '18. Extremely frustrating.
    Nope, CS did nothing, no moderators have stepped in to escalate the issue. You are absolutely correct in your assessment that videos work fine in other apps, including TSB 18. This is specific to the most recent Android update. But now they've also released a buggy iOS update, so my expectations on any sort of fix are really blown now.
    I've tried everything. Clearing the cache fixed it for 1 video and after that it reverted back to flickering and freezing. I've tried installing different APK's in hopes they would work over the Play Store version but no luck. I wish we could just revert back to the previous update but unfortunately it forces you to update.
    New android update today, and this issue wasn't fixed. No one from the dev team or forum moderators here have even acknowledged the problem. This **** sucks.
    Hey all. I have a request from Glu support to include the “about” information for affected devices. So if you are gmhavibg this issue, please include as much info about your phone (model #, android version, etc) in this thread. Trying to get some action on this, because the problem has only gotten worse on my end. Thanks!
    My device about info:

model # Samsung-sm-g920a
    android version 7.0
    android security patch level - August 1, 2017
    baseband version g920aucs6eqh1
    kernel version 3.10.61-10950877
    build # nrd90m.g92g920aucs6ehq1
    knox version 2.7.1
    My device about info:
    model # Samsung-sm-g920a
    android version 7.0
    android security patch level - March 1, 2018
    baseband version g920aucs7erc1
    kernel version 3.10.61-12991177
    build # nrd90m.g920aucs7erc1
    knox version 2.7.1
    Side note for anyone still following: I stumbled across a workaround solution to get videos to work. After launching the game, if you got to open a support ticket from the in game helpdesk, the screen will start it's flickering. If you turn your phone sideways, the flickering will stop, and videos (and pop up ads, unfortunately) will work normally. You have to do this every time you launch the game, but it has made a huge difference for me. Still nothing in terms of a permanent solution though.
    Thanks, Ironman! This is straight witchcraft but it worked. Lol! Hopefully they'll still figure out this bug but this will make such a big difference. I really appreciate it (as does my brother who has the same issue). I've already watched 4/10 videos for the achievement, not because I need 8 EVO but because I can.