Personal Legends

kehatekehate Registered Users, Member 46 Posts
They were helpful up to a point when we first started playing, now they’re rather useless. Here’s how you can make them relevant again:

1. Reduce the leveling up costs. They’re ridiculous.

2. Let us select a second skill, third skill and fourth skill at gold, platinum & diamond levels.

3. Let us upload an avatar for them. How cool would it be to see your own face on the screen when you hit a HR?

4. Include them as bonus players in regular events, CVC and Clash. This could be tied to our favorite team, so whenever our team is selected for bonuses, then our personal legend is included as a special bonus player. For CVC and Clash, a 500x multiplier seems sufficient.

Comments

• nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    These are actually some good fricken ideas... Very nice. Hopefully our boy blue is here tonight
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I'd like to see the second skill, but that would make my legend an all time great so I'd be fine with the expense to level up. Third and fourth skill? You're doing too much. Upload an avatar? They don't want copyright infringement and dick pics in the game 😂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • kehatekehate Registered Users, Member 46 Posts
    I'd like to see the second skill, but that would make my legend an all time great so I'd be fine with the expense to level up. Third and fourth skill? You're doing too much. Upload an avatar? They don't want copyright infringement and dick pics in the game 😂
    Obviously they’d have a filtering process for the avatars. So that is a simple fix. As for the third and fourth skills, there were legends in 2018 that had them - so it isn’t a far fetched idea. And usually they were doubled up skills, similar to how some of the prime players are now. But the whole point of making the persona legends relevant again is to make them different than the other players available.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    You strengthen one part of the game then it makes another irrelevant.   I think the devs do a pretty good job of considering variables and limiting distribution......if everyone had 4 skill custom legends then the challenge for an event like WOH would have to manifest in a different way, like blood from a rock difficulty levels.  You can’t have your cake and eat it too if you want to stay engaged;  there has to be a challenge otherwise we’d all move on pretty quick.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    No player in TSB18 had 3 skills. Some consider switch hitting to be a 3rd skill, but it's just a batter attribute.
    I just read this again.....what are you talking about, legends in ‘18!with 4 skills!!?  LOL, skills onlybjust debuted, and then a second skill came out in November last year.....that’s it.  

Just a bad idea.....it would water down the game and like everything else what you are looking at as being an advantage for you and your team, hardcore players will exploit as far as possible, capping their legends and skills and in doing that would, via the butterfly effect, change the success rate bell curve in the RNG calculations, pushing it well forward since EVERYONE would have a ringer.  
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Skills arrived late in Tap 17. Around December I think. About the same time that WOH was first introduced. Asking for a second skill for create a legend is a reasonable ask. Every LE player that has been released in this game for months has two skills.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Don’t think the devs planned keepers or my legend to be relevant in later stages of the game, and I agree.

They gave you a nice leg up in the game but if either was still relevant then the game would be too easy.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    samtheman said:
    Skills arrived late in Tap 17. Around December I think. About the same time that WOH was first introduced. Asking for a second skill for create a legend is a reasonable ask. Every LE player that has been released in this game for months has two skills.
    I would love a second skill for ML, but I would like to EARN it. Instead of ML receiving random bumps throughout the year, you have to earn the bumps via milestones/achievements. Make ML's second skill similar to one of the "impossible" achievements, 75k hr's or something like that. I really wish my legend was an integral part of this game, it could add a bit of great story line as you watch your team progress throughout the year- centered around your legend. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited December 2019
    samtheman said:
    I would love a second skill for ML, but I would like to EARN it. Instead of ML receiving random bumps throughout the year, you have to earn the bumps via milestones/achievements. Make ML's second skill similar to one of the "impossible" achievements, 75k hr's or something like that. I really wish my legend was an integral part of this game, it could add a bit of great story line as you watch your team progress throughout the year- centered around your legend. 
    I agree with that 100%. I also agree with @kehate about being a bonus player for CVC and clash matchups and when our favorite team is selected for bonus points that definitely make ML more relevant. All of the other points about adding skills and leveling being cheaper and especially the avatar, could careless about. The avatar as cool as one would think it would be, it would be definitely problematic, especially with a lot of these degenerates I've seen hanging out on the global chat.
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    As for the third and fourth skills, there were legends in 2018 that had them - so it isn’t a far fetched idea. And usually they were doubled up skills, similar to how some of the prime players are now.
    This is my first year playing so I didn’t realize that a prior version had Legends with 4 skills. Was that a late-season addition? Does anyone expect Legends to be released in this season with up to 4 skills?
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    That is fake news. No player has had, or should have, more than 2 skills. 
    In the end it is a game.....examine the rules, take note of the parameters then make a plan to execute within the scope the best that you are able.  Asking for more skills is akin to a competitive 100m sprinter asking that the race be run downhill.........it’s not the game so get over it and work on maximizing your performance within what actually exists.