Holiday pxp and lxp boxes

ScottsdalesmashScottsdalesmash Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
Anoyne have luck on getting the top box?  I'm contemplating on buying a couple.

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited December 2019
    The mega lxp boxes have an expected value of 5.07 lxp/1 gold spent; the holiday lxp has an expected value of 7.59 lxp/1 gold spent.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ScottsdalesmashScottsdalesmash Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    DFBB said:⁶
    The mega lxp boxes have an expected value of 5.07 lxp/1 gold spent; the holiday lxp has an expected value of 7.59 lxp/1 gold spent.
    Thank you.  That being said, it looks like it's worth it.  I'll be buying a few.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I haven't bought one yet, but I will eventually.  I'm sure I'll get the 6k lxp.
    Just no.  
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I bought 1 box. Extremely lucky with 5% odds. The game paid me back though as I’ve bought 10 spotlight boxes and haven’t gotten the hitter. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I bought 1 box. Extremely lucky with 5% odds. The game paid me back though as I’ve bought 10 spotlight boxes and haven’t gotten the hitter. 
    Congrats on the lxp! As far as the spotlight hitter, based on my own experience and hearing similar stories from others, I think it's fair to say that the players are not evenly split. By that, I mean, there isn't a 25% chance of getting the batter. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    That has happened quite often on those spotlight boxes, I rarely bother with them anymore. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Congrats on the lxp! As far as the spotlight hitter, based on my own experience and hearing similar stories from others, I think it's fair to say that the players are not evenly split. By that, I mean, there isn't a 25% chance of getting the batter. 
    Oh I can pretty much gurantee they aren’t. Have some good weeks and some bad. Worst one was I think the last POTW when Corey Seagar won. Took me 31 boxes to pull Seagar. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Got the batter last three weeks in a row on first box.......gambling is gambling.  
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    I bought these out and got 396K LXP for 40K gold. A bit better than the expected return, the most common amount I pulled was 24K, pulled that 9/20 boxes. 

Does anyone know if these will reset tomorrow? Or is 20 our maximum? 
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    Does anyone know if these will reset tomorrow? Or is 20 our maximum? 
    The Holiday boxes were available earlier this afternoon. Then at 7:00 PM EST they reset with a fresh set of 20. I believe the same will happen tomorrow so expect to get a new set of 20 at 7:00 Wednesday night. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    You all are having better luck than me. Granted, I only bought 3 boxes so far, but I got 18k, 6k, and 12k in my 3 pulls. It kind of discouraged me from buying more. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Just so I'm clear; holiday legend Jim Rice/Graig Nettles/etc require lxp to level, right? If so, I'm not sure what the allure is supposed to be to buy 540 legends for $30 that aren't game changers and require lxp 😵 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Got the batter last three weeks in a row on first box.......gambling is gambling.  
    One box......suck it haters......   ;)

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I opened up two and got 24k with both.  Works for me.
    Just no.  
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    bigvivec said:
    One box......suck it haters......   ;)

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Bought 10 on Christmas even and ended up with 218K which was pretty good.  Hit the 60K once

Bought 5 more last night and didnt do as well coming up with 78K, still slightly above average
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Oh I can pretty much gurantee they aren’t. Have some good weeks and some bad. Worst one was I think the last POTW when Corey Seagar won. Took me 31 boxes to pull Seagar. 

Why the F did you buy 31 boxes to chase a temporarily boosted player. 

As for the holiday lxp, bought 2 of them and got 24K and 12K. All you guys that bought 1 and hit 60K 🖕