Blizzard Tower?

Comments

• JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    That Walter Johnson has to be a mistake the more I look at it. He's a D3 just like all others, currently 540 is the max as all the other ATG pitchers are. I don't think he's supposed to be a 553 rank. Thankfully he is still beatable 
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    That Walter Johnson has to be a mistake the more I look at it. He's a D3 just like all others, currently 540 is the max as all the other ATG pitchers are. I don't think he's supposed to be a 553 rank. Thankfully he is still beatable 
    Agreed. Johnson’s Stuff rating at 798 is off the charts. He was much harder to beat than Young and Mathewson at 6.8 and 6.10. 
  • barnstormbombersbarnstormbombers Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    317 at gold 3 vs 316 ted Williams at gold 10. Something is not right.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Today was a total screw job by glu. 6.9 player was a 600 max player and currently max players are only 540. No one could expect that and at that point I was already so vested I had to keep going. 100% was not worth the prize at the end. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Does anyone think this was intentional? Does this mean we will see 600 Max overalls by the end?
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Glu did glu things. Enjoying screwing their customers. Got to give them props. They’re professionnals at pissing off their fan base.
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    They should have just been honest and called it “Debbie’s Tower.”
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited December 2019
    JCAM80 said:
    Based on my math, he's a 650 max. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    DFBB said:
    JCAM80 said:
    So mr Brett should be good for awhile 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I had stepped away from the game for awhile but the blizzard tower intrigued me.  I thought I might get pulled back in today, but it was only temporary.  After getting to 6-9 with ease and dropping over 10K gold trying to beat Walter, I realized it was simply not happening. It then hit me that I've simply been priced out of the game.  I was using a D10 500 max Harold Baines with 20/20 blowout/Late inning skills and a 80g boost and it was clear that was not close to good enough.  

One thing that I've always enjoyed about this game is that the 7500 gold playoff cycles help the non-spenders keep up with the VIPs.  I think back to last year and it was nothing for me to knock out 750-1000 bonus games per day to keep that gold coming in and keep the machine going.  

Somewhere along the way, I've lost the will to do that.  I don't know when it happened, but at some point this game became 10% fun and 90% a chore.  As such, I don't think there's anything left for me to do in '19 other than try to get the best possible keepers for next year and see what '20 brings.  Hopefully a new start will make it fun again.  
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    How many times has @MoenPDC cycled blizzard? That’s my benchmark for difficulty. 
    I didn’t attempt blizzard. My Brett right now is only D5 ( blew all my lxp the day before he was released on cooper ) and I wanted to cycle cap Bert and get lxp for Brett so just cycled hof like 13 times. Plus on holiday didn’t want to stress
    DFBB said:
    JCAM80 said:
    @DFBB Does this mean that ATG’s will reach 650 this year?
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I had a great system going where I would save my video reboot for 6.9 while I would go back and cycle the SS in HoF.

When I got to 6.7 in Blizzard, I immediately recognized that the pitchers were out ranking everyone's current team. As frustrating as this was, at least GLU gave us the opportunity to cycle a great player in the HoF section of the event. That was the suggestion I made a while back, and that worked out quite well.

I tried 6.9 with a jacked up Gherig a total of 8 times. Four entries with a video reboot. I immediately recognized the impossible patterns/sequences that have haunted me many times before.  Again, big difference was this time I knew I could win something nice in another level, so this became a fun "challenge" as opposed to getting pissed off.

The closest I could get before the dreaded curve out was 7-5, bases loaded, no out on try number 8. I thought for sure I finally got some great RNG as there were no curve outs prior to this point. Nope. Nine straight huge benders. I was hoping to put two to the deep OF to maybe move runners and tie, but my bat wasn't a telephone pole. I just laughed and quit trying. I had one more cycle left to cap the SS at G10 so I did that. No point in stressing over something that was nearly impossible to beat. I have no doubt I could have, won it eventually, but I didn't want to waste the time watching hundreds of unhittable "strikes" when I could be cycling and getting LxP.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Was pretty big fan of the format yesterday.   Warmup is pretty unnecessary and HOF is a little dry for some so it was nice to have a more challenging option.   I ran a little under 50% against 6.9 Walter Johnson but the prize of 20K lxp and a chance to get my Lou another was well worth it to me.   I got through blizzard 11 times and did manage to pull one Lou get him another level closer to getting capped in diamond.  I realize I may not speak for the majority but I liked the challenge and hope to see it again.
    Horse42 said:
    DFBB said:
    JCAM80 said:
    would sure make for an interesting final few months
    Horse42 said:
    DFBB said:
    JCAM80 said:
    I still think we end the year at a max of 600. Similar to SF, they've taken the approach of using guys that are not available to us. It is what it is, but fortunately, it was still beatable. 

I too really liked this format. I wish they would keep it every Monday. It was silly to have three sections of WoH devoted to the lower prize.

This gives everyone the opportunity to win the Legend and cycle while also trying for tougher/better prizes. If you can't beat blizzard, you don't feel priced out of the game. I wanted to win Piazza too, but getting a new SS that is a switch hitter was great. His hit level was about where Piazza's was too.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    bigvivec said:

Where do get this from, I’m only showing Bill Buckner still. 
    You have to be a level 27 all star 😉
    What color ring that i can’t wear is that?
    😂 that ain’t happening considering there’s only 25 levels. 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    For the privileged few. 
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    I actually enjoyed the Blizzard tower. Overall it was pretty easy until I ran into Walter J at 6.9. 
    After that I focused on cycle capping Campy. Once I got that done I went back to Blizzard and found that Walter J wasn't that difficult. I beat him easily with George Brett and 80 gold boost. I then re-used Brett and easily conquered 6.10.
    So I didn't spend that much good to beat it - and I pulled ATG Lou on my box....which was cool...cause I've been chasing that guy for weeks with no luck.
    Overall I liked the one-off challenge. Look forward to doing it again.

I too really liked this format. I wish they would keep it every Monday. It was silly to have three sections of WoH devoted to the lower prize.

This gives everyone the opportunity to win the Legend and cycle while also trying for tougher/better prizes. If you can't beat blizzard, you don't feel priced out of the game. I wanted to win Piazza too, but getting a new SS that is a switch hitter was great. His hit level was about where Piazza's was too.

I was super, super excited about the format. The rewards were ridiculous! If you care about Lou, the value was off the charts. If you already had Lou or didn't care for him, then there's certainly less value in Blizz. Back to Lou, I don't think many fully realized how valuable those boxes were. IMO, even at 5% atg odds, that box had a value of no less than 2500 gold (likely more) and on top of that, there was 20k lxp! I had Lou at d9 so I was definitely in the camp that really valued the Blizz towers. I ended up getting him on cycle #9 to cap via a re-pull and did one more cycle just before the event ended. 
    Overall, I was quite pleased with the Blizz towers. For the first time since HoF made its debut(dti at the time), I was freaking HYPED! Game changing rewards, uncertainty with pitchers....it took me back to when I first fell in love with WoH! As has been noted, the fact that the old HoF(with unchanged rewards/difficulty) was still available was a nice consolation for those that either struggled with Blizz or didn't 'need' Lou. Here's hoping we see more bizz sooner rather than later!
    DFBB said:
    I was super, super excited about the format. The rewards were ridiculous! If you care about Lou, the value was off the charts. If you already had Lou or didn't care for him, then there's certainly less value in Blizz. Back to Lou, I don't think many fully realized how valuable those boxes were. IMO, even at 5% atg odds, that box had a value of no less than 2500 gold (likely more) and on top of that, there was 20k lxp! I had Lou at d9 so I was definitely in the camp that really valued the Blizz towers. I ended up getting him on cycle #9 to cap via a re-pull and did one more cycle just before the event ended. 
    Overall, I was quite pleased with the Blizz towers. For the first time since HoF made its debut(dti at the time), I was freaking HYPED! Game changing rewards, uncertainty with pitchers....it took me back to when I first fell in love with WoH! As has been noted, the fact that the old HoF(with unchanged rewards/difficulty) was still available was a nice consolation for those that either struggled with Blizz or didn't 'need' Lou. Here's hoping we see more bizz sooner rather than later!
    @DFBB  Agreed. I liked Blizzard also and happened to pull Lou on my first cycle. But something tells me the 6.9 Walter Johnson rating was a mistake. I don’t recall a 6.9 pitcher being infinitely tougher than the 6.10. I hope they bring back the 7-level WOH on Weekend Royale also. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Count me as a vote that really hopes this format remains.  

I'm still have myself convinced GLU took my suggestion.

Sucks because now I have nothing to bitch about.

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts

I'm still have myself convinced GLU took my suggestion.

Sucks because now I have nothing to bitch about.

Wait till Monday. You’ll think of something, I’m sure
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    I like the format, but strongly think they need to change the difficulty of 6.9. For a gold player, he is essentially impossible to beat even with a 540 max double active skills player. 
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    I really liked the format but yeah 6.9 was insane and not fun at gold tier.
    I went 0/7 using Cooper and Ted. When that failed I tried Brett, went 0/8 and only once got within 4 runs. That's just not enjoyable at all and I had stuff to do so I quit.
    Finally gave it one more try near the end and beat 6.9 first try. 
    I like these towers much better, All Star is still bloody pointless and should be changed but this was a great option to have.
  • prcubsbadgersprcubsbadgers Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I wasn't able to finish it (didnt beat 6.9 with cooper) but I still really liked the format. The consolation prize of being able to still cycle HoF plus having the extra layer of difficulty in Blizzard was perfect game design and i hope they keep this coming. All Star really is not worth it, especially since the nerfed the reward from a prime player to a BXP player. I also felt that with a little better strategy(perhaps using Brett twice rather than saving for the last only) I think I have a shot if they do this again. All in all, a rewarding event
    I wasn't able to finish it (didnt beat 6.9 with cooper) but I still really liked the format. The consolation prize of being able to still cycle HoF plus having the extra layer of difficulty in Blizzard was perfect game design and i hope they keep this coming. All Star really is not worth it, especially since the nerfed the reward from a prime player to a BXP player. I also felt that with a little better strategy(perhaps using Brett twice rather than saving for the last only) I think I have a shot if they do this again. All in all, a rewarding event
    agreed although that portion has been an issue all year and they havent bothered to change it.  But yeah All Star really serves little purpose
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    not much to add here, but i did the think format was a welcome change to what is sometimes a stale and tedious event (although the best part of the game and the most important from a resource perspective).

i am gold, had pine tar george at 20/20 skills with 80g boost. couldn't get through in 4 attempts. Got to 7-5 twice with bases loaded. i'm sure if i spent more time / gold going at it, i probably would have gotten through once. the bite wasn't worth the chew for gold players when you could spend your day cycle capping for cheaper and quicker.

seems really geared towards top of the curve diamond players. no complaints here, they deserve to be able to have a shot at something almost the rest of the game's users don't given the amount of money and time devoted to the game IMO.