Helpful WOH Tip..

ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
If you’re constantly stuck on certain level.. try closing the app and wait a minute before opening it again .. Once you close the app and reopen...you’ll get a new RNG...
Staying at GOLD in 2020....

Comments

• superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    edited October 2019
    They use unity for their gameplay, which has some RNG built in. Are you thinking the server connection guid on startup is the seed vs time?
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    They use unity for their gameplay, which has some RNG built in. Are you thinking the server connection guid on startup is the seed vs time?
    I read this 5 times........I REALLY want to understand it but I just can’t!  LOL
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    Sorry, a bit of developer mumbo jumbo talk. 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    random number generator
    RNG was the only part I could understand.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited October 2019
    bigvivec said:
    RNG was the only part I could understand.

Before RNG does it's thing it has to be seeded (value that starts chain of all subsequently created/returned values and outcomes) which guy above is supposing the unique ID of your connection is that seed. Hard closing the app and reconnecting would create a new GUID (seed) and hopefully different outcomes. Wondering where skills come into play in determining these outcomes.

I will say this, if I rush through tougher rounds and tap as soon as I can when the pitcher stats and then batter stats are displayed I have a much higher rate of unhittable pitches from the start. Conversely, if I wait too long I saw similar pitches. Certainly noticeable. I usually paused enough to take a deep breath and then proceeded to tap at the batter stat display.

I will say this, if I rush through tougher rounds and tap as soon as I can when the pitcher stats and then batter stats are displayed I have a much higher rate of unhittable pitches from the start. Conversely, if I wait too long I saw similar pitches. Certainly noticeable. I usually paused enough to take a deep breath and then proceeded to tap at the batter stat display.

I do this as well....have more success in WOH and CvC if I pause a beat after each page loads.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Hmm is that why I was getting so many unhittable pitches yesterday because I was rushing too much
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Sweet. I will try this. I rush through WoH, and I've pissed and moaned a ton here about getting curved out so much. I beat WoH royale like six times yesterday, but have only beaten HoF once.  Always get curved out. I will try this Monday and report back as well.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    bigvivec said:

I do this as well....have more success in WOH and CvC if I pause a beat after each page loads.

How long should you pause between WOH rounds?
    Months later I can tell you that doesn't matter. Closed and restarted many times only to get the same patterns/sequences. All about team strength and RNG. Also helps to know what the pitchers pitch level is too. If it is above 65, you can count on being curved out a good bit. You can still win, but it will be harder, and you will know within 3-4 at bats in a round if the RNG is good enough to take it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Agree with the good doctor. Had my best round Monday when playing through as quickly as I could. Zipped right through level 6 with no boosts or restarts. All in the RNG if your team is decent. I do see some relief from head banging in early rounds by taking a break. 

As my WoH team gets stronger and stronger, yesterday's blizzard tower confirmed this again for me as well.

My Gold group is now strong enough to cycle the current HoF format. When I went over to Blizzard level 6, it was an immediate "throw back". Sometimes 6.4-6.8 were a chore, sometimes they weren't. One matchup I may get curved out, but the next round see no curves at all, until I was really "outmanned" at 6.9. Never got past 6.9, but once I had "better" RNG that allowed me to get to 7-5, bases loaded, no out.  Then I got curved out. LOL

Oh well, thank goodness they had HoF as the third grouping and that wasn't the only/final offering for WoH. If not, I likely would have started a thread bitching that they made it impossible again.

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    @drsmartassphd have you considered using the same guy on multiple rounds? I had to use George Brett on 6.8, 6.9, 6.10 but the 120g for 20K lxp was well worth it. 
    Help is on the way......

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Sweet. I will try this. I rush through WoH, and I've pissed and moaned a ton here about getting curved out so much. I beat WoH royale like six times yesterday, but have only beaten HoF once.  Always get curved out. I will try this Monday and report back as well.
    On Christmas my wife stole my phone for a while and made me watch her play. For her first walk off ever, she ran through 5.1-6.9 (manually played them all). I made her video boost 6.6-6.10, and after a video restart on 6.10 she smoked Gibby with no outs. Almost every bat I have is at 20/20 skills, and she used my "order" of players. Match players skills to the situations, and get the numbers right. That's really 90% of the battle. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    For the next challenge that is similar to a Blizzard tower I certainly will, especially if I do not have two LH closers.

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    On Christmas my wife stole my phone for a while and made me watch her play. For her first walk off ever, she ran through 5.1-6.9 (manually played them all). I made her video boost 6.6-6.10, and after a video restart on 6.10 she smoked Gibby with no outs. Almost every bat I have is at 20/20 skills, and she used my "order" of players. Match players skills to the situations, and get the numbers right. That's really 90% of the battle. 
    That is spot on. Get yourself in the right matchup and use the skills for the situation you are in and don't go hacking at the wrong pitches. Be patient. You'll have success.