WoH Royale 12/27-12/29 - Use Your Time Elsewhere. Farm Gold, Play CvC, HR Derby, Prime Games, etc...

Comments

• AccelmanAccelman Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    Got to 6.10 and used 80 boost w/ George Brett. Scored one run. Not going to try again, primarily because the rewards aren't worth it.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I've been playing for over two hours now and my kick ass team can't even sim past 6.5 now.

I'm 0-8 against Young now. No matter the scenario, when I get the tying run to the plate, the game is "over". He curves me out.

What sucks is that I would love to play WoH all weekend. If I wasn't now stuck in Level 6 with no way out, I'd like to at least cycle back to 5 and get a box of LxP. Now I can't even do that.

Aside from CvC I won't be playing anything else this weekend now that I got Griffey Sr. Still been a good weekend in terms of team building.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts

I've been playing for over two hours now and my kick ass team can't even sim past 6.5 now.

I'm 0-8 against Young now. No matter the scenario, when I get the tying run to the plate, the game is "over". He curves me out.

What sucks is that I would love to play WoH all weekend. If I wasn't now stuck in Level 6 with no way out, I'd like to at least cycle back to 5 and get a box of LxP. Now I can't even do that.

Aside from CvC I won't be playing anything else this weekend now that I got Griffey Sr. Still been a good weekend in terms of team building.

Double gold is what Im doing. Need it since Christmas emptied my wallet. Perfect weekend to do it. 😎
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Wait...what are your skills at @drsmartassphd ????

list them out for the guys you’ve tried using
    Yup! That's the plan that's in progress.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Wait...what are your skills at @drsmartassphd ????

list them out for the guys you’ve tried using
    im pretty sure most of his skills are maxed out

That’s some bad MoFos. Majority of them are at least 13/13

@drsmartassphd have you cycled yet? This is my team.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    snowy24 said:

Double gold is what Im doing. Need it since Christmas emptied my wallet. Perfect weekend to do it. 😎
    Exactly what I'm doing.
    Just no.  
    oh those are shiny!!!

yes I’ve cycled Buckner, Campy and I’ve gotten enough LxP to cap two pulls. 

And this team currently can’t get past 6.7. Lol

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts

So I landed Ken Griffey Jr., capped him at G10, skills at 15/15. Going to use him on 5.8 against Gibby.

Batter up, huge matchup advantage shows up on the screen. First pitch is a HR. Bam.

Then nine straight curve outs. LOLOLOL

This isn't worth it, especially since now I got one of the best box pulls of the weekend. I'll just collect gold and win CvC.

BTW its Griffy Sr...
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

Maybe that's why he lost that round.

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I cleared level 5 while in cool down. When I realized 6.6 is 452 at diamond and Gibson is 436 for HOF 6.10 I shut it down. The rewards for that tower aren’t worth the stress. I would play it all weekend if it wasn’t for that 6th level and was just the first 5 levels 

Agreed, Pred.

Being that I'm stubborn, I kept going. I FINALLY was allowed by Young to complete my HR derby with no curve out. All in all, it took me 11 tries to beat him. The other 10 times I would get to at least 5 and was curved out.

For all that work, I pulled the Prime Player I didn't need twice, and got some really low amounts of XP.

My LxP box netted me a whopping 2K. LOL

Agreed on the 5 level. I wish they would have two different WoH choices. You get 1 or 4. LOL

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited December 2019
    I cleared level 5 while in cool down. When I realized 6.6 is 452 at diamond and Gibson is 436 for HOF 6.10 I shut it down. The rewards for that tower aren’t worth the stress. I would play it all weekend if it wasn’t for that 6th level and was just the first 5 levels 
    Right to have it be harder then HOF with worse rewards just makes no sense

Yeah the ROI for your time this weekend isn't worth it at all.

Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I am trying to cycle again, but this time I will really give up much sooner. LOL. This sucks and isn't worth it.

I got through Level 5 in about 20-25 minutes, which is normal for my Murder's Row. That 5 Level is one of the standard Royale setups with the standard box gifts (potential LL with a Prime Guy) and one Mega LXP box.

Level six, however, is getting dumber and dumber. Now I am 0-4 on Gibson at 6.8. Gibby is curving out Sweet Lou as soon as the tying run is at the plate (which was the same sequence that Young was showing earlier).

Hope this feedback helps others in terms of what to use your time on this weekend!

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts

Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I am trying to cycle again, but this time I will really give up much sooner. LOL. This sucks and isn't worth it.

I got through Level 5 in about 20-25 minutes, which is normal for my Murder's Row. That 5 Level is one of the standard Royale setups with the standard box gifts (potential LL with a Prime Guy) and one Mega LXP box.

Level six, however, is getting dumber and dumber. Now I am 0-4 on Gibson at 6.8. Gibby is curving out Sweet Lou as soon as the tying run is at the plate (which was the same sequence that Young was showing earlier).

Hope this feedback helps others in terms of what to use your time on this weekend!

Not worth the fight man..... do something else 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Just like The Good Doctor, I was able to plow through levels 1-5 in 20-25min.  But I pretty well gave up on 6 for at least tonight. I could do it with gold boosts, but the prize doesn’t validate the cost. The 3 players in the final box wouldn’t make my roster. So, like many, it’ll just be a cvc weekend for the most part. 

Why would you be using Lou if you have Brett and Griffey?

BC they were getting curved out.

I just went through for my second and last time. This cycle took over an hour. Beat Young first time this time, but the challenge was getting to him again. Started getting curved out in earlier rounds.

For all that work? I pulled the Prime Player two more times, and got 1K LxP.

Yikes. Don't do what the Dr. did. Spare yourselves. Have a good weekend, everyone!

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    My weekend just got a little more interesting, since WOH is off the board. Looks like tournaments and prime games are back on the table 

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited December 2019
    I'm using Edmonds to close still hopefully he can get it done on tier 6. I don't know if he is good enough?
    He's the best I have as lefties go with having both skills active at all times
  • XWizardxXWizardx Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Sick of the weekend Walk Off royale b.s.  Not complaining about difficulty but the rewards are total ass. Four times thru and nothing but Mazara. Come on time to get real. 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    The title of this topic is dead-on.  It's a breeze through L5 and then by L6.5 my 520's are worthless.  All this for most likely 460 prime, sheeeeiiiit...
    So will Pendleton or Posada potentially get it done 6.9 and 6.10. Should I keep sending Edmonds out there he breezed through the first 5 tiers as my closer as usual but since we have 540 legends and he is a 490 I am assuming he won't get it done?
    edited December 2019
    Man I'd hate go through and have to spend some gold to beat tier 6 and get Nomar again I don't know if it's worth it? That's really stupid to have Nomar in that final rewards box too. Mike Piazza also with the double risp skill sucks as well. The Joey Votto looks like the best but still not ideal. I don't know if it's worth the time and the gold I'll have spend because I know Edmonds isn't good enough to get it done without some 80g boosts and restarts.
    Man I'd hate go through and have to spend some gold to beat tier 6 and get Nomar again I don't know if it's worth it? That's really stupid to have Nomar in that final rewards box too. Mike Piazza also with the double risp skill sucks as well. The Joey Votto looks like the best but still not ideal. I don't know if it's worth the time and the gold I'll have spend because I know Edmonds isn't good enough to get it done without some 80g boosts and restarts.
    don't spend gold. Votto is the only one there that is worth cycling for, and he is only a 10% chance. Your gold would be better used chasing the Ken Griffey from the reds box
    Done at tier 5, moving on to prime and bonus games and concentrating on cvc. Glu needs to do a better job with their Royale final reward boxes. This one sucked! Just repeating everyone's sentiment not worth it!