WoH Royale 12/27-12/29 - Use Your Time Elsewhere. Farm Gold, Play CvC, HR Derby, Prime Games, etc...

Comments

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Wanted to try it. Lost to Cy 7-4. Done. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Made it thru with a vid restart on 6.8, one gold restart on 6.9 and 80 boost on the last three.  Brett is still cheat code and is 100% in closing since I got him.  

Got this guy......will run some primes and BGs for awhile now.  
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    My weekend just got a little more interesting, since WOH is off the board. Looks like tournaments and prime games are back on the table 

Got him too.

come back!!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Yeah got to Babe and 0-2 with 80 gold boost on each try.... safe to say it’s not worth my stress and trouble. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Wondered if my team could still get it done... been awhile had a lot of fun have missed playing woh! Griffey got it done first try luckily no outs 
  • SakaV2SakaV2 Registered Users, Member 124 Posts
    I honestly see them lowering the difficulty by each pitcher 3 levels.  The reward isn't worth the fight and usually when the community collectively agrees the juice isn't worth the squeeze they change it halfway through.  I'll say tomorrow around 11am it'll change
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    That’s some bad MoFos. Majority of them are at least 13/13
    Your roster is insanely good.  

But 13-13 just ain’t gonna cut it.  I have my Brett at 16/16 and I wouldn’t even dream of trying to close with him.

Teddy at 20/18 on the other hand makes light work of it.

i think people spend too much time chasing ew players rather than upgrading those they have.

i was absolutely stunned at how many fewer breaking balls I saw once I took Ted to 20/16...then again to 20/18.  Stunned 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    That’s some bad MoFos. Majority of them are at least 13/13
    Your roster is insanely good.  

But 13-13 just ain’t gonna cut it.  I have my Brett at 16/16 and I wouldn’t even dream of trying to close with him.

Teddy at 20/18 on the other hand makes light work of it.

i think people spend too much time chasing ew players rather than upgrading those they have.

i was absolutely stunned at how many fewer breaking balls I saw once I took Ted to 20/16...then again to 20/18.  Stunned 
    @TheFullMonte - we've been advising to pump up those skills all year long. i'm basically at 16/16 or better with my entire WOH lineup. i sim through extremely smoothly.

i know some people have been closing against gibson in the past few weeks with a 20/20 490 late innings/rhp jim edmonds. skills - they really do matter. it's painful when your player's max stays stagnant when the curve moves, but if you pump resources into their skills, they stay relevant for a long, long time.

that being said, the pattern all year long has been when there's a lefty with 2x always on skills for WOH, look out for a max overall increase pretty soon. they won't give you the best toys until you only have a week or two to play with them... unless they are ATGs of course.
    Absolutely agree @criffy

ita painful to see how many resources get burned chasing the next jump rather than invest in the currently owned assets.  

Doc’s team is at a point where he does not need any new players.  Those guys will remain very very useful for the next 4-6 weeks if the skills are properly leveled.

I should have clarified: my top 5 guys are at least 16/16 and above (except Griffey Sr, who I just pulled. He's 14/14 now). The entire team is at least 13/13 each.

I cleared it again last night for a third time and pulled Piazza. Was thrilled. Only problem is there is NO WAY to cap him with this impossible, crappy set up. LOL

This is easily one of the most illogical WoH set ups ever. Make Level 6 harder than the normal HoF setting, but make the prize about 1/100 of the value. Unreal. LOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited December 2019
    I agree @drsmartassphd the value sucks for how WoH is setup. With the low value prizes they should made easier to cap. I have completed tier 5, imo there is not enough value to spend resources, if need be, to attempt tier 6. Because if I got Nomar again I'd be pissed. So I think I'll save myself from that.
    I was discussing this with someone the other day that I think we’ve reached a point in the game where 18/18 is about the minimum to try and clear with.  Difficulty is just that high now

So I'm stuck inside all damn day today due to bad weather. Being a sucker, along with the fact that I can't farm gold bc ads won't load properly with the new system, I am trying WoH again.

For the past 30 minutes, despite several reboots, I cannot sim past 6.3. LOL. So I played it. Sure enough, when I get to 6.3, using Stankey in a matchup that cleared about 98% of the time yesterday, I'm getting curved out with no chance to win.

So this stupid set up just got harder. I certainly hope they don't do this again. I'd play WoH all weekend if it weren't so crappy.

@drsmartassphd it's a beautiful day here supposed to be in the sixties and sunny. Amusement park bound with the family later today when they open up to see the light show and ride the rides that will be open. Will probably only focus on CvC today and probably be it. Maybe try to farm some gold as well as I'm standing in the lines. I'm flying my white flag to Royale for this weekend.
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Beat Cy  first try with Mathews 80 gold boost.  Skills only at 12 and 10.  Got Votto.  Got Griffy with the free box. Great morning. 
    Are you silver, gold, Platinum or diamond. 
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    Having zero issues with WOH at diamond. Aside from my own **** ups (using yadi against Gibson twice by accident lol) 20/20 Brett and Griffey for 8 and 10 with 80 boost to ensure the "win". D10 17/17 yadi is 9 for 10 against babe. Can't be bothered to do anymore cycles. Such a joke of a reward. So 240 gold per cycle. Essentially half off a legend XP box. Pretty lackluster for 30 mins of work
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    This weekend has been amazing. I’ve done 5 d6 cycles, hit all FP milestones,  lxp fan rewards, having mega lxp boxes to buy all weekend and pulled Griffey from CVC and Kingman from 10 250 gold boxes I bought for bonus players......that being said haven’t even touched woh cause the rewards are horrible. Probably do another 2 cycles tomm to stack gold to chase yogi. #yogihunt . Oh and I’m first in my solo club for weekend event 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts

• TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Are we supposed to pat you on the back or something here? Or is there no room left after you patted yourself 
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Wow, haters are out early today. That’s impressive @MoenPDC
  • Rschar21Rschar21 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    @MoenPDC  You should be proud of that, it’s a lot of grinding. All that LXP- great job bro!!! No way most could knock out that many games/D6 cycles in a weekend. Congrats!!!
  • BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    between Vinny & Dr’s posts.. idk who’s worse. 
    @MoenPDC congrats. You had an awesome weekend. That's some kind of dedication. What kind it is...hmmmm... But congrats anyways 

• TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    Are we supposed to pat you on the back or something here? Or is there no room left after you patted yourself 

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Happy to say I just cycled WOH with no gold spent.  Was my goal since that is what the reward is worth to me!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    @whynot that's a hard thing to accomplish. Impressive!
    Since I can’t farm gold, I’m still playing 

cleared it four times total with no gold spent.

got piazza last night and got LL today. 

Unfortunately there’s no way to cycle cap either with this insane set up

• lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    MoenPDC said:

Got me beat lol. Pulled kingman and Alonzo. Most I've scored in a weekend event. Sad lol
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Jerk......what is this thread for if not for boasting?!? 
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    edited December 2019
    bigvivec said:
    Jerk......what is this thread for if not for boasting?!? 
    He’s probably jealous or something. I wouldn’t pay him any attention. It’s people like that that just go around hitting disagree on everyone’s posts. I take disagrees as likes on this forum.