Yogigate

TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
I was thinking.  I think this is actually worse than the hillbilly bull crap we went through with the update and being locked out of the game for days at a time.

that was just incompetence.  Most of us here all know GLU is a bunch of idiots.  We know that, and continue to play.  That’s something we can handle.

the absolute crookedness of adding a player to a box after players have spent millions of gold and thousands of dollars on boxes before he was even available is far worse.  They KNEW what they were doing.  They knew those that spent money early were getting F’d over....and they did it anyway.

they made a conscious decision to screw players over.  That’s 100 times worse than being an idiot 
Prev1

Comments

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    we’ve seen Glu make mistakes before.  We’ve all watched them goof stuff up.  But it’s a completely new level of bullshit to see them add new players to a box....AFTER people have already bought a bunch of them

thats some straight up horseshit.
    Let’s do some quick math....if I bought boxes this morning at 11am....what was my % chance at landing Yogi?

You have the answer yet?

ITS ZERO.  Because you added him to the boxes AFTER we purchased them.

People bought the exact same boxes, for the exact same price...and had ZERO chance at landing him because your modified the boxes AFTER they purchased them.

That’s absolutely despicable horsecrap
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    yeah its dogshit. I know a club full of dudes who would of waited to buy boxes. I'm sure you all do too. Also bullshit how I had like 4 cycles done before they added Lou to the bonus. This honestly is getting old. Every other week they **** the bonuses up. Literally every other week. Double piazza? Double rendon 2 weeks ago. Get it together. It's actually embarrassing
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Agree I wasn’t gonna complain but since you kicked the door open... lol I spent over 12k gold today chasing pee wee and finally pulled him. Would have been nice to have had a shot at yogi. Probably wouldn’t have pulled him anyway I’ve opened hundreds of boxes since pulling 42 the day he was released and haven’t pulled a atg since. That’s just how it’s goes not complaining about that.. I fully understand the odds in these boxes. But yeah adding yogi later is some dog s#/t or horse crap 💩 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    F_ck this game 

you can buy a vowel
    I’m sure Blue will be along shortly to tell us that we have actually delayed any and all attempts GLU was undertaking to resolve this by submitting too many tickets to CS about what a crooked bait and switch bunch of bullshit this was today

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    @mythicaldragon...you can take one of mine!

Or one from my AAA team...

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    This needs another two threads at least!!!  LOL
    One more please!!    
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Dang... nice! I sure would take that Lou! Lol atgs have not been kind to me this year. My atg luck is bound to change 🤞

Glu's despicable, reprehensible decision to modify Monday's boxes AFTER many players had already purchased them has my man @bigvivec PISSED OFF

He's so upset right now the fella can't even type.  Big V has been a long standing, pillar of the TSB community and frankly, to treat him like this is as disrespectful as it gets.

GLU needs to be working on fixing this crooked crap asap

LOL, you’re got them Wright!!!!
    Your man Vic is on hour 15 of a 16 hour workday.  A little stir craaaaazy!!!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    This feud is worse than WWE. At least give us a climax date to build up to. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

That frustrated me as well. I vowed not to spend any more money, I did, then they quickly reminded me again why I shouldn't. I sent something to CS, and the reply was basically "the devs can change the boxes any time they please and there's nothing you can do about it".

That is literally bait and switch

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

This is Dr. Smartass level bitching here. This is like the fourth thread on this topic.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

This is Dr. Smartass level bitching here. This is like the fourth thread on this topic.
    Not enough?  Let me know.  I’m happy to do more if need be.
    Isn’t bait and switch a tactic that requires something to be taken away?

What's funny is this happened to me as well. I was pissed off, but my consolation was in the purchase, I pulled Reese on the first pull. So, there was at least that.

When I saw later they added Yogi, I sent a note to CS, got the shitty reply I mentioned in the other thread, then almost came here and started a thread. I decided not to because I already bitch too much.

But yeah, this was my first purchase in a while and GLU reminded me of why I likely won't be back in 2020. That's bait and switch.

fahhq2 said:
    Isn’t bait and switch a tactic that requires something to be taken away?

Yeah whatever lol

still bought something that was changed later

I’m starting to get jealous. I’m the board bitch, dammit.

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    “then almost came here and started a thread. I decided not to because I already bitch too much“
    Slacker 😂
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I dont think these were "mistakes" persay.    It's not a secret that alot of decisions are based on customer feedback and $ spent.    Stuff like the Keith Hernandez Skill change, added bonus points for Lou Gehrig and Yogi added to the box, its all calculated on their end.    I am not saying I agree with it, as I was affected and annoyed too but its the reality.

• snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Fight, fight, fight...😂
    I dont think these were "mistakes" persay.    It's not a secret that alot of decisions are based on customer feedback and $ spent.    Stuff like the Keith Hernandez Skill change, added bonus points for Lou Gehrig and Yogi added to the box, its all calculated on their end.    I am not saying I agree with it, as I was affected and annoyed too but its the reality.

I try not to be a conspiracy theory but....but I 100% agree.  It was an intentional decision to try and get those that bought boxes already to then go buy more to try and chase him.

It’s still crooked AF
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Yeah we need a ppv with a stipulation like no holds barred or something like that
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Yeah we need a ppv with a stipulation like no holds barred or something like that
    Make it a ladder match and I'll buy that ppv anytime!
    Just no.  
    Let me know which Denny's location this will take place and I'll bring my Iphone and record it while screaming "WORLDSTAR".