Royale WOH 1/1/20

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Good times when you can’t autoplay past that Focker Gaylord. 
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    Had a full guilt free 12 hours to play WOH.  Choose to put the Christmas stuff away, And clean garage.  I could finally be free.... maybe 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Same shitty ass Swarber for completing both level 5 AND level 6??? Go **** your-lazy-ass-self Glu...

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Just curious......do any of you actually compete during Royale/events or do club results not matter to most of you?   If they do you wouldn’t touch WOH except to pick up some bonus players.  It’s cool if you all want to focus on this one event in the game, but don’t lose sight of the fact that there is an overall design in place and that the extremely penal final level coupled with poor prizes and mediocre multiplier mean that the devs are encouraging you to play other events. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @bigvivec so to answer from my perspective I only like playing WOH for that mega lxp box. I am fairing well in prime and bonus games from Yogi and a free Freeman, but I agree in regards to points WOH is not the most effective. 
    I prefer WOH because at least it feels like I’m doing something...yea I know it’s already predetermined. I’ve played club events once or twice I guess. Probably not to your level though.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Carter 16/16 was EZ mode against Ruth. Used 80g boost with BSD Brett on 6.10, but feel like I overpaid for Joc as a reward. Now that ATG are boosted, I'll give Gehrig a try on 6.10 next time since everyone is on his nuts. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Predetermined is not an appropriate term for WoH. There are favorable RNG’s that allow for success in the event, but by no means is it predetermined. I sometimes get the “Spicoli scores from third base” graphic prior to the pitch being thrown-as we all do sometimes. However, when it does come up, I swing and miss just to F with the RNG. My point is that you have to actually make contact with the pitch. If I continue to swing and miss, I will lose. So it’s not predetermined. 
    For a better example, let’s use @drsmartassphd. His hot ass wife has already predetermined if he is going to get action later tonite. BUT it is up to him to swing the bat. Yes it’s predetermined, but not necessarily successful until attempted. And from what I’m thinking, it’s no wonder the good dr. plays so much TSB...he has a much higher success rate 🤣🤣🤣
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Oh man! That’s gold ☝️
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    @fahhq2 that is some of the best content I have seen on here period!🤣🤣🤣 I can't stop laughing. It's so funny but yet so true. That's what makes it so freaking funny! 
    Don’t bust your balls trying to beat WOH you’ll usually just end up disappointed with the reward:

Schwarb was all I wanted out of it today.  Got him on lvl 5 and went on to other events.  
    “ Predetermined”. “RNG”. Whatever.  Same thing by a different name. If the game says you aren’t winning that round.  YOU aren’t !! Haha.  There is no skill involved.  Yes .. I get that you have to swing the bat. 
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    BOZZCO said:
    “ Predetermined”. “RNG”. Whatever.  Same thing by a different name. If the game says you aren’t winning that round.  YOU aren’t !! Haha.  There is no skill involved.  Yes .. I get that you have to swing the bat. 
    What he’s saying is that it’s predetermined that you’re going to lose. It’s never predetermined that your going to win. Unless you use auto play. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Definitely a lackluster/crappy start to 2020. Just kinda looking back to this time last year....we were still in the mist of double gold for that whole week...maybe more (I can't remember for sure) but definitely double gold...WoH had some amazing players with awesome skills. They were offering boxes with 5 star specialty players with higher overalls than primes or legends. Some legends too were amazing. I'm speechless about TSB 2019, ever since 2015 (when I started playing) the game progressively got better as a whole not saying that their were not issues but as a whole the game got better from year to year. But this year it's like these developers lost their way. The game actually took a couple steps back. I remember the keepers were highly anticipated and then it (imo) was a flop. They came with a high cost to level. Then it was issue after issue after issue chasing away amazing players that were on this very forum giving amazing content. Glu what gives?!? You almost had your all's top spenders/top teams ready to boycott this game because somehow you all couldn't figure out the hole in the ground from your butthole. And now expecting an amazing day to kick off the New Year we got a recycled WoH with a 560 legend in boxes with less than desirable skill set. What makes me think 2020 version is going to better? You all already took steps backwards that's a lot of ground to make up to become better. It could've started today to rebuild confidence for your next version. But you guys blew it again...
    I would just like to say- I hope keepers are a thing next year. They're expensive, but relevant for at least 2/3 of the year 😬
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Definitely a lackluster/crappy start to 2020. Just kinda looking back to this time last year....we were still in the mist of double gold for that whole week...maybe more (I can't remember for sure) but definitely double gold...WoH had some amazing players with awesome skills. They were offering boxes with 5 star specialty players with higher overalls than primes or legends. Some legends too were amazing. I'm speechless about TSB 2019, ever since 2015 (when I started playing) the game progressively got better as a whole not saying that their were not issues but as a whole the game got better from year to year. But this year it's like these developers lost their way. The game actually took a couple steps back. I remember the keepers were highly anticipated and then it (imo) was a flop. They came with a high cost to level. Then it was issue after issue after issue chasing away amazing players that were on this very forum giving amazing content. Glu what gives?!? You almost had your all's top spenders/top teams ready to boycott this game because somehow you all couldn't figure out the hole in the ground from your butthole. And now expecting an amazing day to kick off the New Year we got a recycled WoH with a 560 legend in boxes with less than desirable skill set. What makes me think 2020 version is going to better? You all already took steps backwards that's a lot of ground to make up to become better. It could've started today to rebuild confidence for your next version. But you guys blew it again...
    I would just like to say- I hope keepers are a thing next year. They're expensive, but relevant for at least 2/3 of the year 😬
    I still actively use 2. 
    He meant they are relevant for good teams @bigvivec
    edited January 2020

He meant they are relevant for good teams @bigvivec
    Whatever newbie.....call me when you actually cap any of the players you’re pulling.  One day you might figure out how to play this game but it ain’t today.  

Anyway, these two are still legit.  Not the top end of the team but definitely still hold a role.  

@retirepujols and @bigvivec understood, it's just my opinion, we all play this in different ways and for different reasons. I personally can't wait to get my hands on another SS to replace the keeper I have. It hurts me because his skills cost an arm and leg to level and those resources are better spent on leveling my other legends.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    the 0.98x keeper factor would make me believe there is one more planned bump for the year, maybe 2 for a 580/600 max. your 540s should stay relevant if you boost them to 20/20 skills rest of year i think
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Just curious......do any of you actually compete during Royale/events or do club results not matter to most of you?   If they do you wouldn’t touch WOH except to pick up some bonus players.  It’s cool if you all want to focus on this one event in the game, but don’t lose sight of the fact that there is an overall design in place and that the extremely penal final level coupled with poor prizes and mediocre multiplier mean that the devs are encouraging you to play other events. 
    This is correct.  Royale hasnt been about WOH all year and this really just continues the year long theme.  I agree that 6 levels is excessive but at the same time its not surprising.   
    I was just messing with you man. Everyone knows you have one of the best teams in the game and are in one of the best clubs. Just goofing with you man @bigvivec
    Big Vicky team is OK. Depending on who you compare it to...

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

"For a better example, let’s use @drsmartassphd. His hot ass wife has already predetermined if he is going to get action later tonite. BUT it is up to him to swing the bat. Yes it’s predetermined, but not necessarily successful until attempted. And from what I’m thinking, it’s no wonder the good dr. plays so much TSB...he has a much higher success rate"

While I like your analogy, I can offer a counter:

If the scenario above were like WoH, here is how it would really go:

My wife wouldn't allow me to "win" until my "bat" was strong enough to get a solid sequence. After investing a lot of time and money into her, she lets me know that tonight, I have a solid matchup going into the "game". Great! I've worked hard to get things to this point.

She then starts the game by throwing me a curve I can't hit, like "does this lingerie make me look fat", to which I have no right answer. Out Number one.

A little later on, after things are going pretty well for me, she decides that I'm doing too well and slaps my hand away without giving me a chance to keep my hitting streak. Out number two.

After a bit more success, she determines that, for whatever reason, I don't deserve to "win", and just gets up and leaves. Out number three.

So there I sit, frustrated, annoyed, and wondering what I could possibly do to have a better chance next time. I did everything I was supposed to do. Then, out of nowhere, I hear the doorbell. I open it to find a traveling salesman who just happens to know I was just dissed by my wife for no reason. His solution? Spend $100 on this item to "improve your chances of winning today!", even though I already bought that item and have already maxed out all my resources for this.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Go gold, and level your skills up a little bit.  I bet you'll get laid more.

"For a better example, let’s use @drsmartassphd. His hot ass wife has already predetermined if he is going to get action later tonite. BUT it is up to him to swing the bat. Yes it’s predetermined, but not necessarily successful until attempted. And from what I’m thinking, it’s no wonder the good dr. plays so much TSB...he has a much higher success rate"

While I like your analogy, I can offer a counter:

If the scenario above were like WoH, here is how it would really go:

My wife wouldn't allow me to "win" until my "bat" was strong enough to get a solid sequence. After investing a lot of time and money into her, she lets me know that tonight, I have a solid matchup going into the "game". Great! I've worked hard to get things to this point.

She then starts the game by throwing me a curve I can't hit, like "does this lingerie make me look fat", to which I have no right answer. Out Number one.

A little later on, after things are going pretty well for me, she decides that I'm doing too well and slaps my hand away without giving me a chance to keep my hitting streak. Out number two.

After a bit more success, she determines that, for whatever reason, I don't deserve to "win", and just gets up and leaves. Out number three.

So there I sit, frustrated, annoyed, and wondering what I could possibly do to have a better chance next time. I did everything I was supposed to do. Then, out of nowhere, I hear the doorbell. I open it to find a traveling salesman who just happens to know I was just dissed by my wife for no reason. His solution? Spend $100 on this item to "improve your chances of winning today!", even though I already bought that item and have already maxed out all my resources for this.

That's a great analogy! Sums it up perfectly!
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    My attention span cuts out after 300 characters of reading. Can you shorten up your stories. Thanks in advance. 
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    My attention span cuts out after 300 characters of reading. Can you shorten up your stories. Thanks in advance. 
    I for one would like them lengthened, but that's because I come here when bored and not much else to do. 
    Marcuh said:
    I was just messing with you man. Everyone knows you have one of the best teams in the game and are in one of the best clubs. Just goofing with you man @bigvivec
    LOL....I never claimed to have one off the best teams in the game.  I’m not even one of the best in my own club.....I’ll never sniff the top 50 in gauntlet and am not a CvC stud.  All Inwas saying was that Inwas better than YOU!!  Hahahahaha