Anybody else get the PeeWee box?

BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
I just got an administrative box. PeeWee replacement for Larry Bowa? I didn't get it on my other account though. Anyone else get this?

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    No not here, but saw this on the FB group too. Good stuff for those that got him!!!!
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Wait..... they took away your Bowa???
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I’d prefer Bowa. I’d be pissed

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    No, that's what kind of confuses me. I still have Bowa. In my opinion Bowa is more valuable than PeeWee...they better not try to take him away!
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    This has turned out to be pee wee’s Big adventure!
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    I don’t get it. Why give Peewee? 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Bullshit, how about whoever got peewee also gets Bowa and we call it even? 
    I don't quite understand it either
    I’d understand giving peewee to the guys who pulled Bowa 2 days ago when bonus points would’ve mattered. But that time has come and gone. 
    @ShoveItUpYoenis2 yes, agreed. That is how this situation should have been handled. Or they could have just left Bowa in the box like he originally was when it was first offered
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I think they gave pee wee away because bowa was in place of pee wee when people bought the special...so those that bought the special didn’t have a chance at pee wee. Idk I’m trying to think like glu 😳. 
    But of course they got it backwards because no one cares that pee wee wasn’t in the box at the time the specials was released...what we do care about is that bowa was removed when that box was released glu. 🙄 

So...Will faceless Bowa eventually be in a box in the near future? 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    How about everyone gets a Bowa and a Pee Wee and call it even.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Can anyone who had Bowa confirm if you still have Bowa? I think this response from Raj is bullshit:

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    This has turned out to be pee wee’s Big adventure!
    10/10
    I almost bought that Bowa box too. I'd be pissed. That's another bait and switch. Literal definition of it here....

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

I just logged in to see that Larry Bowa has been removed from my team and my leveling resources refunded. This means war! Time for torches and pitchforks!!
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    sorry man, i had a feeling it might come to that
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    @BigBibbins333 since you paid money to get Bowa, you can contact Apple for a refund. Taking away the player you spent money to acquire is a clear TOS violation. Get your money back.
    @Waveburner I am on Android. I just checked and and I am apparently SOL. 48 hours has long since passed. I also just realized that they only refunded what I used to being him to silver 10. They didn't give me any refund on what I used for his skills, which were both at level 10. Maybe Dr. Ass can refer his legal counsel to me so I can get litigious with these clowns.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Waveburner I am on Android. I just checked and and I am apparently SOL. 48 hours has long since passed. I also just realized that they only refunded what I used to being him to silver 10. They didn't give me any refund on what I used for his skills, which were both at level 10. Maybe Dr. Ass can refer his legal counsel to me so I can get litigious with these clowns.
    It's yet another oversight that I'm sure they'll adjust. I'd send them a ticket about it asap. That said, for the life of me, I don't understand the Bowa situation. They should've left well enough alone. Sorry man.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Thanks @DFBB. I have a ticket open in-game and they are denying any wrongdoing. I just sent one through the forum link as well, maybe I'll have better results there...not holding my breath...
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    DFBB said:
    It's yet another oversight that I'm sure they'll adjust. I'd send them a ticket about it asap. That said, for the life of me, I don't understand the Bowa situation. They should've left well enough alone. Sorry man.
    has to be rights and their lack of rights to larry legend, no?
    edited January 2020

IMO, if you bought that $20 pack to pursue Bowa, you should get your damn money back for that too. They know people bought that to pursue what appeared to be a solid COMPLETE RH/LH WoH closer, only to boost all the new WoH players up the following week, but that's another thread. LOL

I bet they give you the resources back. I finally got mine yesterday for Campaneris. Only difference is, I didn't pay to pursue that player. Well, with the exception of the gold I didn't get back that I used trying to cycle cap him (which I had).

• JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @BigBibbins333 since you paid money to get Bowa, you can contact Apple for a refund. Taking away the player you spent money to acquire is a clear TOS violation. Get your money back.
    I wouldn't say it is a "clear tos violation" as it was a box with a chance for Bowa rather than the players for purchase. Is it shady, naturally. To me it is just another in a long line of things that have happened in this game that make ya go hmm.
    edited January 2020

I disagree: Showing something and then taking it away, even if there was a small chance of winning it, is a TOS violation. It is also the literal definition of "bait and switch", which is entirely unethical. They advertised a box, people paid money to get the box, got that player, then GLU changed it AFTER the fact. In this case, it was well over a week.

I know a lot of you have been playing this game for years and have put thousands into it, so an opinion like the one I am about to deliver will upset you, but the motivations of GLU are quite clear. I'm finishing out 2019 due to the time and effort already put in, but after this, I am avoiding anything and everything that this company produces.

What these aholes pulled with WoH (again) on Monday was it for me.  Nearly four hours destroying a signature event. Wasted well over 2K in gold trying to beat something that was deliberately programmed to make you lose, only to get a note and a box of BxP to "make up for it".  No, jerks. I want my time back, my gold back, and the LxP I was unable to win because you rigged it. Actions like this just further prove they don't give a shit about anyone but VIPs.