Glu is changing stats again on players

Mickey01023Mickey01023 Registered Users 54 Posts
From the blizzard tower walk off level 7 box, they had bert a switch hitter and now he’s just a righty. I wouldn’t have spent a ton of gold on 7-9 & 7-10 if something like this wasn’t available. I can forgive a lot of the bonehead moves they make but I consider this to be stealing  
Prev1

Comments

• scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I agree and sent in a ticket to cs
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Said they are going to refund me all the resources. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I thought this was funny. Was waiting to level him up, but now I’ll just chuck him. 

• Mickey01023Mickey01023 Registered Users 54 Posts
    That’s such a cop out... I spent a ton of gold doing retries on Ruth & Gibson or whoever... they should give me 10k in gold back... OR just don’t go changing stuff cuz their bored
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Now this is definitely bait and switch. Who the hell needs a righty SS with those skills??? First they changed Campy from OF to SS, now this. Here’s an idea...use due diligence before you put out a player and stop f u c king things up Glu. Why they spend more time checking  player attributes after-rather than before, a player is released just blows my mind. Total incompetence Jerome...🖕🏽
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    What really makes no sense about it....is what does it even effect for GLU?  Why even go through the heartburn of changing it and dealing with pissed off customers that spent the time and effort to chase and upgrade a player?  What does it even effect for them if he IS erroneously classified as a switch hitter?
  • jerrye23jerrye23 Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    He was in HOF and Blizzard. I cycled and leveled him for dirt cheap. Just got back full value from CS. Not a bad deal.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I knew that he was a righty in real life, but Glu left him listed as a switch hitter for so long that I assumed it was safe to level him.  His only value to me was that he was a switch hitter.  Now I have a useless player capped.  Wonderful.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    The worst part is that CS is so inconsistent on the returns of resources. Some people are getting back full value, well over 1m lxp for d10 players while some are getting like less then 200k. Makes no sense. I only leveled him and took him 20 20 on skills because he was a 530 switch hitter. They sent me back all my gold for skills but I only got 182k lxp. Skills alone cost approx 50k with .30 discount. So i got shafted big time on this.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    The worst part is that CS is so inconsistent on the returns of resources. Some people are getting back full value, well over 1m lxp for d10 players while some are getting like less then 200k. Makes no sense. I only leveled him and took him 20 20 on skills because he was a 530 switch hitter. They sent me back all my gold for skills but I only got 182k lxp. Skills alone cost approx 50k with .30 discount. So i got shafted big time on this.
    Yup. I’m on my FOURTH message to cs. First time no gold or skills refund and only 176 k. Second time an extra 89 k and they refunded what I spent on skills , still no gold, third time guy completely blew me off . 

This last one I told them if I was blown off again I’m going to make numerous calls to corporate with all of the information. By the way out of the 6 people I think I run with, four of them have gotten full refunds while two of us are getting the shaft. 

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Another major Glu Up... I would keep pounding Jerome until he does something about this crap. 

Jerome.collin@glu.com
    415-800-6100
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeromecollin

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    This is the number one worst thing about the game this year that wasnt an issue in previous years.

Whether its completely on GLU or not, I really hope its tightened up for the 2020 version.  (I know its gonna be a problem the rest of this year)

Either box players to need to go through some kind of final approval process to ensure accuracy or if a mistake is made on a player released there needs to be no final changes to it.

Of course the randomness of CS agents saying and doing different things just adds fuel to the fire.
    I told last cs response I’d like to resolve this before I contact corporate offices . Jerome will be one of them
    Someone I run with who was getting the shaft just got the full refund, over a million. Guess just keep trying ?
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I have no one else to blame buy myself for continuing to give them time and money. I think they get a kick out of effing over their customers.

Still no resolution either to the "yogigate" situation as well.  There is a VERY simple solution to that one, but they aren't smart enough to figure it out (give everyone who bought it five new boxes) or they just don't care.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Never mind was hoping the last ticket would do it, guy said he would refund my gold I never got then never refunded it 
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Hes got double risp. If you wasted the resources on him when he was a switch hitter you shouldn't be mad that they changed his batting stance, you should be angry at yourself for wasting resources. 
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Hes got double risp. If you wasted the resources on him when he was a switch hitter you shouldn't be mad that they changed his batting stance, you should be angry at yourself for wasting resources. 
    You got a lot to learn about this game (baseball in general) if you don’t see the difference between a Switch hitter and Right handed batter only...  
    As for the Risp skills, they aren't ideal, but they have a place and it worked for me as a HoF 6.6 batter since he could bat lefty. 
    edited January 2020
    My statement wasn't regarding superiority of switch hitter vs righty/lefty. My point was that with those skills he's a waste of resources. Perhaps you have a lot to learn about comprehending English? And if you think those skills aren't trash for a  legend then sorry to be  the one to tell you this, but you have a lot to learn about this game  :D

CS again replied to both my inquiries today with "please give us time to do the needful".

In other words, please keep bending over and forget about it. Nothing will happen.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Have you tried emailing them instead of in-game tickets @drsmartassphd ?
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    My statement wasn't regarding superiority of switch hitter vs righty/lefty. My point was that with those skills he's a waste of resources. Perhaps you have a lot to learn about comprehending English? And if you think those skills aren't trash for a  legend then sorry to be  the one to tell you this, but you have a lot to learn about this game  :D

A switch hitting shortstop with double RISP is pretty good for CVC (when runners are in scoring position almost all the time) and a decent option for any WOH round with a runner in scoring position (which is most of them) because he'd always have the advantage of standing on the opposite side of the plate as the one the pitcher throws from (which is absolutely something the game takes into account).  Considering that he was cheaper to level due to the ability to cycle cap, I'd say you are the one who is wrong here.  I mean, he wasn't the best reward I've seen, but he wasn't a waste. 
    Have you tried emailing them instead of in-game tickets @drsmartassphd ?

No I haven't. I honestly have no clue who to email.

That's definitely something they would really hate me for.

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    My statement wasn't regarding superiority of switch hitter vs righty/lefty. My point was that with those skills he's a waste of resources. 
    I 100% agree. Some people debate whether or not skills like Blowout and Lead-Off stay on/off during their match up...The one certain thing I know is that RISP DOES turn off when it should. So to have a batter with this skill set should just be seen as a rental for points. 
  • CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    How did this conversation shift to whether a player with double RISP skills is worth levelling or not? That is irrelevant to the conversation / issue at hand. The issue is that switching a player's attributes after the fact is wrong because people make decisions about whether or not to level players based on those attributes.

I'll be laughed at by canadacubs, but Campy was a solid, unbeaten sim for me in WoH the past couple weeks.

I was using him to sim as high as 6.5/6.6 in HOF and 6.3/6.4 in Royale (Level 6 was harder in Royale the past two times). In Levels 1-5, I was using him as high as round 6-8, if needed.

He was a PERFECT WoH player as a Switch Hitter with those skills.

Doc - https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/mlb-tap-sports-baseball-2019/

Many say you get my faster response time by emailing, and they actually try to solve the issue. Not just copy paste a response to ya. Give it  a shot bub, and gl!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

I'll be laughed at by canadacubs, but Campy was a solid, unbeaten sim for me in WoH the past couple weeks.

I was using him to sim as high as 6.5/6.6 in HOF and 6.3/6.4 in Royale (Level 6 was harder in Royale the past two times). In Levels 1-5, I was using him as high as round 6-8, if needed.

He was a PERFECT WoH player as a Switch Hitter with those skills.

You're spot on. RISP is a great mid round skill. On top of that, being a switch hitter gave him great versatility. 

nwaredstar77 said:
    I'd put my 'tsb' nerdism vs anyone. Bert is legit for WoH for 97% of the teams out there. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Would you have leveled him if you pulled him even when he was a switch hitter @DFBB ?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Would you have leveled him if you pulled him even when he was a switch hitter @DFBB ?
    I have a pretty good team, which is why I said 97%. 

edit: for context, i pulled pee wee and ignored him. he'll rot in bronze until he gets traded in.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.