WOH 1-6-2020

124Next

Comments

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Haven’t played at all reward just not worth the trouble. Throw in a atg box for cycling and I would 😬.
    Motivate us glu!
    I’ve only been playing for the lxp box for that last few weeks. My only wish is that I don’t land the Living Legend. But if it costs me gold to cycle, I’d rather just buy the mega lxp boxes at this point in the game.  My biggest quarrel is when people vocally display that it’s a cake walk. It’s not. You’re faced with 1% of the players who can cycle at will, and the rest just give up because the rewards for classic and allstar are well behind the curve and are useless to the majority of players. 
    All of this.  Very well said.
    Just no.  
  • Mickey01023Mickey01023 Registered Users 54 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    So what’s the chances babe and Gibson’s overalls was just a glu up? 
    Part of me thinks it was. GLU-up.  The cyclical part of me wonders if it wasn’t GLU testing how many people could get through, and how many resources would be released in to the game, if they did increase the difficulty 
    I think that they like getting the 30 bucks per player, a lot of people get legends & ATG by opening 1 box so that’s aren’t creating enough demand to buy gold. I did like 6-7 restarts w/ 80 gold boost which is about $30.

Those couple weeks we had George Brett, Griffey & Pee Wee & whoever else made walk off a breeze & the big spenders could pound WOH & not need gold for restarts, boosts & don’t need to buy LXP boxes or packs out the store.

I auto played every level w/ out a problem and I played the last 3 guys so there was no foul ups... you go from easy auto play to unbeatable... they targeted those players buy gold for a few more tries or for the player & damn the non VIPs... wait til it’s a change the channel type deal in complaints, low # of users online and then lower them to a 1/10 ratio

Easy money 
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    I got to 6.10 for the first time and got hittable pitches but I guess the nerves got the best of me and I didn’t be Babe. Oh well maybe next time. They should give the yogi box to anyone who got to 6.10! LOL
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Yeah Pee Wee at 14/14 is now 0-6. Glad I have Yogi and pulled Wynn for free. 
    20/18 Pee Wee was 3-4 with an 80G.  

No way it should be that difficult 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts

So this was my first go around about 40 min into the event. I cycled 3x of this guy before they changed the difficulty level. Paid for 2 480g restarts on the second one. 

They reduced difficulty and was a fairly easy cycle cap of babe. After going through 11x total, the RNG got amped up on me, took around 8 tries to get through for my 12th. All using Peewee to close. Not sure why his bat got nerfed all of a sudden - this was like an almost 2 hour cycle, stuck on level 6. Was primarily using 80g boosts all day with him. Ended up with 13, but really could have been a 16x day if it weren't for that period of babe hell
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    “We” = Common baseball jargon

”Lost” = Not given a chance to win due to...

”Cheat Out” = Ball in other batters box that are “strikes”. It’s a programmed auto out. Sucks the fun out of the game after six or seven rounds in a row.

Ruth, however, legit blows me away. Don’t see many outs like that from him and I’m thrilled if I’m 40-50%
    Ah, i see, confused me because it's just you're team, but when it comes to sports talk I guess I'm not to savvy... Regarding the second and third thing - you lost, bud, an outs an out. Proper way to phrase it would be "I lost to 3 consecutive 'cheat outs' in woh, then another 3 after restarting the round". 
  • squirtymcsquirtsquirtymcsquirt Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    This won’t help much as WOH event is over but I think Guerrero is underrated. He’s been closing for me since they changed it up to Ruth. I haven’t touched his skills once since then. Obviously he don’t get it done consistently but he got through for me 9/13 times for me today. When I get to Babe I start him off with video boost then if that don’t work I use video retry (I always save the retry for 6.10) and use 40G boost. If any of you guys have him try him.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @TheFullMonte yeah I think yesterday was a bad RNG day for me. 
    @TheFullMonte yeah I think yesterday was a bad RNG day for me. 
    Had one of those last week.  Same guys, same boosts and just couldn’t get through.

I’ll say that, I think Babe’s timing is screwing with people.  It certainly is for me.  It’s just a fraction of a second slower.  But instead of going oppo....I keep pulling everything in to left field.
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I am closing in on my final days of the game.  I enjoy WOH, but a mobile game is not worth the frustration.  I have Dave Kingman double LHP G10 and skills at 17/17.  He was 2 for 16 with 80g boosts each time.  I did not even try it when the difficulty was cranked up early.  He should have no trouble closing at around a 50% clip.  
  • bryzzo1744bryzzo1744 Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    Baylor was 1 for 10 and Trout was 0 for 4 against babe yesterday.    My toughest day since the first weekend royale.
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    I could go on a long rant and explanations, but I’ll keep it short and sweet.

**** this game.
    I am closing in on my final days of the game.  I enjoy WOH, but a mobile game is not worth the frustration.  I have Dave Kingman double LHP G10 and skills at 17/17.  He was 2 for 16 with 80g boosts each time.  I did not even try it when the difficulty was cranked up early.  He should have no trouble closing at around a 50% clip.  
    that’s freaking batty.  Kingman is 1A or 1B in best players released to face Babe.  No way he should have that low of a success rate.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I cleared four times yesterday, total. My last clear, I got friggin Bregs. I was annoyed. The only good thing about Bregs on this game is that he went to my wonderful alma mater. Geaux Tigers....

Oh, and the gift I got for the four hours they screwed up the event was a box of BxP.

Thanks, GLU.

Looks like this weekend is another Royale WoH. Be prepared for another 6 or 7 round event that keeps you from progressing because the cheat mode will be on stupid in the last Level, you won't be able to clear until about 7-8 chances, and you can't restart the stupid thing to get the resources in Levels 4-5 that you want. Oh, and don't forget the grand prize will be a box where you will likely pull a Prime guy or LL that you don't need after all that.

GLU's motives become clearer by the day. Like I've said before, I'm the idiot for giving them money for a mobile app. They are going to have to do something really special for me to come back in 2020. Their constant bait and switch tactics, along with rigging their signature games has gotten really old really fast. Like just a few months fast. This addiction could have easily strung me along for years had they done it right. After yesterday, I'm not as fired up as I used to be. They just toy with their customers.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Royale can either be easy with a decent reward:  5 round tower with Mega LXP box.

or it can be Hard AF, with a good reward:  decent Legend player worth capping.

either is fine.

the recent combo of Hard AF with crappy prime or LL with terrible skills is a real bummer though.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I’m in agreement with a lot of you here. I was able to clear HOF about 5-6 times yesterday, after the stupid “Bonanza” was over. I personally think they Glu’d up there and had to back track. The level of difficulty does not match the rewards. I used a lot of gold to get through my cycles, and in the end, I honestly don’t even know why I did. I guess that is the addiction of this game. If I/we don’t not go for cycling HOF, then the game has me/us exactly where they want us. Either play the product they put out and enjoy it to the best of my ability or don’t play it at all and not enjoy it at all.
  • BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    It is called: “Hall of Fame” for a reason.. 👊🏻
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    2/2 with gold Molitor but had a tough time getting to Babe. Top four guys are okay but kept losing on 6-5 thru 6-7. Ouch. 
    COWPILEY said:
    2/2 with gold Molitor but had a tough time getting to Babe. Top four guys are okay but kept losing on 6-5 thru 6-7. Ouch. 

Good to know about Molitor. Were his skills at 20/20?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Actually13/13. Used 80g boost 2nd time since it was late and had no video restart left but not sure I needed it. Beat him the first time with no boost. Small sample...YMMV. 
    Bizerto said:
    It is called: “Hall of Fame” for a reason.. 👊🏻
    I’m good with it.  My humble request is to make the effort and time worth my while 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I lucked out yesterday by not playing until about 1PM and was able to cycle capped Lemon to D10.  He wasn't an ideal reward, but he'll rake in all modes except for WOH.  He ties Brett for the highest hit and overall rating on my team.  I was using D10 Orlando Cabrera (520 overall) with skills at 20/20 - he went 11 for 22, which I consider to be acceptable.  I used a D10 Brett with skills at 20/20 and an 80 gold boost on both 6.8 and 6.9 - he never lost - friggin stud!  I'm really hoping that this weekend provides a shiny new 560 righty with two WOH skills!         
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Anybody tried 560 Carter ?
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Anybody tried 560 Carter ?
    D10 Carter (16/16) + 80 gold against Babe.  I didn't keep track of his record but I did cycle 9 times.  Probably close to a 50% success rate.  I had to use so many of my free video restarts on 6.8 b/c AVS wasn't getting it done for me.  Otherwise, I would've saved some gold from restarts. 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    For anyone that has a capped Yogi - was he amazing on 5.10 and 6.9?  Did you need to use gold boosts? 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited January 2020
    For anyone that has a capped Yogi - was he amazing on 5.10 and 6.9?  Did you need to use gold boosts? 
    When Gibby was a 650, my 20/20 capped Yogi was getting worked(with the 80g)! I was prob 30-40%, at best. After the adjustment, I only boosted 40g and it was rare that he'd make a single out.

edit: no boost and Yogi never lost at 5.10.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    criffy said:
    Bob and Babe appear to be tired now.  Congrats all who will get the "special gift"

wondering what it's supposed to be. do i get it 3x for going through it 3x before they turned down the difficulty??
    THREE! Seriously?!!?
    yes. i have a fully loaded pee wee (20/20) at gold. went 3/7
    criffy said:
    Bob and Babe appear to be tired now.  Congrats all who will get the "special gift"

wondering what it's supposed to be. do i get it 3x for going through it 3x before they turned down the difficulty??
    THREE! Seriously?!!?
    went 3/7 against the babe before they turned down the heat. fully loaded peewee (20/20) also 20/20 brett and griffey
    LOL this was the day I officially cut my addiction down by 90+%.  Also, my prediction for the next rounds of Royale ended up being dead on.